Nick and Mandy - "Sing it Dude!"

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by DJRideout, Mar 22, 2008.

1. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

I know that many ship Nick with everyone else, be it Sara, Sofia, and of course we can't forget the darling Greg - "leggo my greggo", but I have always found Nick and Mandy to make a cute looking couple. Even though she openly admitted to Henry about doing the whole "open marriage" bit in 'LABRATS', I still think that was just a spur of the moment comment.

*Ever since I started doing the role-playing bit, and taking on Mandy's character, I began liking these two together even that much more!*

I don't know what others think on this particular ship, but hey, that is what this thread is about...

2. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I am so with you on this ship! Those two would be great together, and they would make a VERY cute couple!

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I'm a total Nick and Mandy fan and I actually have a story about them on another called Irreversible..
    It's a very grim story very sad and the build up to their relationship is slow, but it's worth the wait.

4. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

It probably won't happen, but it would be great to see Nick leaning on Mandy after everything that's happened. I wrote about it a little in my fic "Things Change".

5. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I don't ship Nicky with anyone really. But after seeing him and Mandy together, they would be so cute.
    I think they do have a 'thing' for each other.
    They just hide it well. :D

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Oh, where is your Mandy/Nick fanfic Drumchik! I'd love to read it.

7. DJRideout

I too would love to read these fics you are talking about...as the saying goes, there isn't enough of them out there.

It's a shame that her character hasn't been a more active one within the show over the eight seasons. I agree with you DRUMCHIK that enough though it's almost guaranteed not to happen, I too would love to see Mandy being there for Nick after all that has happened. Be that rock for him.

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Hey DJ..there's a few of them..there's one called Law of Physics..oh it's hot, so freakin' hot..

Mine is very disturbing, but Mandy helps him..and there's lots of love scenes..which I have fun writing because they are so cute and adorable..they're like little kittens in a basket..

9. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

My fic isn't actually Mandy/Nick, it's PureJoy, but there is a Mandy/Nick dynamic in it. Mandy's basically comforting Nick after what happened.

myfuturecsi, where does one find these Mandy/Nick fics? I'm intrigued :D

10. DJRideout

I know if you do a search over on FF, you'll find several Nick and Mandy related stories, but again, it's just not enough. A friend of mine actually got several which are really good...one of which (a three part series) is nominated for an award.

I've read one recently that was absolutely amazing...and do you think I can remember the title of the story?? I feel so ashamed...wait wait..."Love's Burden"...that is the title. I don't know if one of you here is the author behind it, but I thought it was amazing.

So I'm hoping that with Mandy scheduled to definitely be in the first 3 episodes on season 9, there'll be at least one Nick and Mandy moment, be it comfort, friendship, humor or just plain general, I won't be picky.

11. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yeah I am too..although I highly doubt it..

Love's Burden is amazing..that girl is a good writer..

But you gotta read Sweet Surrender. It's also up for an award..

12. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Hey guys,

Please keep in mind that posts in shipper central MUST contain three lines of on topic discussion. There's only a couple in this thread that are.

Thanks.

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Thanks..so let's try and keep this thread going...

Law of Physics is a great story with some very good smut scenes but there is another one called "Misintrepratations" and it's quite good actually.

From my perspective, Mandy is actually quite fun to write for because she's a really easy going girl an I think i would be great to see Nick with her inspite of his 'no dating at the workplace' stance because she's very down to earth and he's so uptight at times that it would be great to see him with someone laid back..

Okay is that three lines..

14. DJRideout

*scans through post*

Okay, there is absolutely nothing I can disagree with there...lol! The stories are brilliant, and I get the same vibe from the character....that she seems like an easy going girl and seems like someone that would compliment Nick greatly... Just in past episodes, even though her scenes were brief, we caught a glimpse of Mandy's witty humor...she could so brighten up Nick's day...and we all know that he'll be needing it.

15. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I read Sweet Surrender, and that was such an awesome fic! I haven't read the rest yet, I haven't had time, but I'm definitely going to make sure that Nick and Mandy both feature in any fics I write in the future. I'm glad I put them together in my fic "Things Change" and I might even write a longer piece on just Nick and Mandy from that if I get time.