NASCAR

We had snow here yesterday, which is actually kinda surprising...

anyway...*starts singing 'Rain, Rain Go Away'* Doesn't it just figure, I get all set to watch the ARCA race, and it's in rain delay. *sigh* Track seems to be drying pretty well though, and if it doesn't rain again, we should be good to go for the Shootout. I'm gonna watch the 500 practices I taped this morning...I was sleeping when it was on earlier. :lol:

:lol: Don't feel bad, I sleep all the time during them... :lol:

What really sucks is the shootout is at 4:00. What fun is that, not under the lights...like old style shootout... :( Anyways...I guess I'll still be right there watching! :D

Oh and- I got my 2006 Preview/Press guide today...WHOO..Man Kurt and Jamie look weird in they're new uniforms, as does Reed and Casey...hehehe :lol: THIS is going to take some getting used too!

My Mom is happy it was postponed b/c she'll get to watch it now...she works most nights, but is off on Sundays. :lol:

Speaking of my Mom...we have to step lightly regarding the whole 'Kurt in the #2 car' around her...Rusty was her guy, and she is not fond of Kurt, so she is not happy at all about him being in the #2.

I always liked Rusty too. I miss him already! :( But that's AWESOME she gets to see it now. My mom and dad are both HUGE NASCAR fans! :)

On another note, I went to The Home Depot tonight and I got this really cool Tony Stewart picture...It changes from his car to him...it's neat...just thought I'd share. :D

*sigh* Ok...so that didn't go at all like I wanted it too. But it was great to see live racing again, and pretty cool to see Denny Hamlin win, I love seeing first time winners. :D

One week til the Daytona 500!!!

About my mom, she's decided to root for Michael Waltrip and Ke n Schrader now. :D

Hehehe WHOO! It was an awesome race! :D Sorry bout Brian. :(
I was happy that Junior and Stewart had a close second place finish, and it was awesome to see Denny win! I wonder how long the bump draft will still be around afer all the negative comments made during the post race show? :confused: I think it wouldn't be as good with out it, but it is dangerous! :eek:

Whoo can't wait till Sunday! ;)

And, you gotta love those veterans...Mikey and Kenny...hehe :D

It was definitely an exciting race, that's for sure. :D 2nd place couldn't have been any closer, I don't think. :lol: It was great to see Denny win, and to see his parents' reactions, I loved that.

I tend to agree that the bump drafting is out of control, but I also agree with Dale, Jr. that it seems to be a necessary evil. Although, I don't think one should be bump drafting while coming off of pit road. *looks over at Kyle Busch*

Sorry bout Brian.

Thanks. :( I don't know what happened to Elliott's car either...he was upfront until he had to pit b/c of the overheating, got unlapped when everyone else pitted, but even on that last restart he didn't seem to be able to keep up...I'm guessing the overheating may have damaged the engine somewhat.

Wow! I never assumed there would be so many NASCAR fans on here. :)
I cannot wait til Sunday... the Shootout barely satisfied me! I don't have cable so I had to listen to it on the radio, LOL. There's nothing like the sound of restrictor plates at Daytona!

It has been such a long winter... finally, life begins anew. :lol:

woohoo! Another NASCAR fan! Welcome, Boleyn! :D Who are your favorite drivers?

There's nothing like the sound of restrictor plates at Daytona!

ahhhhhh, truer words were never spoken, my friend.

hey Bev! :D Great to see you in here too.

6 days...that's so awesome! Of course we have the Twin 150's on Thursday, and the Truck Series on Friday, and the Bucsh cars on Saturday too :D

Anyone else watch the Trucks and Busch Series as well?

I watch Busch a lot. I like it as much as Nextel. I've never gotten into trucks much, but this year my favorite driver will be racing seven races, so I guess I better start watching the truck series.

Who's your favorite driver, Bev?

I actually started watching the Trucks first, lol...I usually do things completely opposite of everyone else, lol. ;)

:D Who are your favorite drivers?

Well, one of them is - of course - Junior. The other I won't admit, because I will be chased outta here! (Hint: how many hours in a day?!) :lol:

Then I have my semi-favorites: Dale Jarrett, Jimmie Johnson, Brian Vickers, Truex. And good old Rusty - it will not be the same without his great quips! :D

The other I won't admit, because I will be chased outta here! (Hint: how many hours in a day?!)

ahhhhh, Jeff Gordon? No worries, no one will chase you out of here. :D I like Jeff myself, and I know for a fact that Hungry4TheWolfe does as well. Besides, I try to respect other fans' choices of drivers, even if I don't particularly care for that driver myself. ;)

lol...I'll list mine again since I don't know how far everyone has read back. My 3 favorites are: Brian Vickers, Elliott Sadler, and Kasey Kahne. I also have plenty of semi-favorites with Bobby Labonte heading up that list.

Back