NASCAR

Ah, hell. I read Elliott and thought Bill Elliott. See how old school I am. I shoulda known better. *heads desk*

Bev said:
Ah, hell. I read Elliott and thought Bill Elliott. See how old school I am. I shoulda known better. *heads desk*

awwww, no worries! ;) I should have put his last name in my post as well. I generally call the drivers I like by their first names, with the exception of Ken Schrader...I like him a lot but instead of calling him Ken or Kenny, I call him Schrader. :lol:

I'm not sure if you know this or not Bev, but Mark has the Pole for the Truck race. Bill Lester has Outside Pole position.

ThumpyG42 said:
*runs into thread and grabs the last person who posted and swings them around*

Whoooah...I'm dizzy now.... :eek:

Hehehe... :lol:

CONGRATS! Whoo! That Elliott...makes me like, uh, no not like, but tolerate Fords! He's adorable!!! :D I thought about you when I seen him win...I was nervous too! And I agree about the bump drafting, it was really exciting and no one got out of control. ;) ONLY 2 MORE DAYS TILL THE 500! WHOOT..oh and we still got the Trucks and Busch races to watch! YAY! :p

LovinMyGreggo said:
Whoooah...I'm dizzy now.... :eek:

Hehehe... :lol:

:lol: Sorry...I was a little excited. :p

Awwww, Elliott is adorable isn't he? And funny, and talented, and has that adorable accent.....and I'll stop gushing now before y'all chase me out of the thread.

That's so sweet that you thought of me during the race. :D I can promise you, I watched those last two laps peeking out between my fingers because I had my hands over my eyes. I just hope his car is that strong during the 500.

Man...too bad about Scott Riggs, I felt so badly for him, he came so close to making it in. :(

ok first off... Congrats to Jeff!! and of course Elliott too ;) Wow and my poor Aric and Boston in the truck race, poor guys especially Aric :(

Oh and I feel so sorry for Riggs too, he's an ok guy and I wish he could be racing Sunday.

*hugs Hungry4TheWolfe, who is a big Jimmie/Chad fan*
Awww thanks Thumpy! Yeah I'm not to happy about it but it's all going to work out. I still love and support Chad and the team and can't wait until Chad gets to come back whenever that may be. I love ya Chad, you are the greatest! :D

Gosh...yeah, Aric had a scary looking wreck and poor Boston had no chance to react when he got hit.

:D I'm so glad my Elliott qualified for the Busch race...I was worried about him not making it after he lost his primary car in practice.

Well, it's FINALLY here!
party-smiley-018.gif
A friend called me this morning singing, "It's the most wonderful time of the year!".

After reading over the posts I have missed, I have to say how impressed I am with us CSI/Nascar fans! I've yet to find a safe haven on the internet to discuss racing. Nascar boards are all anti-Jeff, whereas non-racing boards are full of "How can you watch cars driving in circles?" people. :rolleyes: So it's great to find a group of Nascar fans who don't driver-bash. I always say, I would rather use energy rooting for my favorites, than waste it boo'ing others. There is one driver that I truly dislike because of his attitude. However, he doesn't always qualify, and if he does - he rarely finishes a race. :devil: So no problem there.

I had a horrific migraine all day yesterday, and I am hoping this fog in my head lifts before 1:30EST. I even changed my banner for the occasion. Have a good Daytona, everyone! Here's to great new commercials, lots of exciting but safe action, and Jeff -- oops! I mean, your favorite --winning!
food-smiley-004.gif

I agree. Its nice to find a place that we can discuss our drivers without being flamed. It's a rarity to find that kind of maturity online.

Today's the day.... DAYTONA! T- 3 hours and counting. Woohoooooooo

First congrats to Jimmie Johnson for his Daytona 500 win! :D

And congrats to my drivers, Elliott Sadler for finishing 4th, Brian Vickers for finishing 7th, and Kasey Kahne for finishing 11th (I think). :D

So it's great to find a group of Nascar fans who don't driver-bash. I always say, I would rather use energy rooting for my favorites, than waste it boo'ing others.

Agreed. This is a great group of NASCAR fans that post here. :) I think it's silly to see all the driver bashing that goes on out there, especially if they only seem to be bashing b/c the driver wins a lot, I'm thinking of Jeff Gordon here. I'll admit there's drivers I don't like, and in the heat of the moment during a race I will get mad...sometimes really mad at various drivers, but I'm not going to go online and bash that driver or their fans and try to start a fight. Every driver out there has fans, and I think they all deserve respect.

wooooohoooooooohoooooooo *still doing happy victory dance* Congrats to Jimmie, Darien, and 48 Team for winning the Daytona 500!!! OMG I can't believe it, well I can, its just OMG!!! I was screaming when he won lol. Also congrats to Casey (woohoo 2nd!!), Brian, and Kasey. Jeff had a rough day but he and his team never gave up and I'm so proud of them.

And this special paragraph is dedicated to Chad! They wouldn't of won if it wasn't for him. He built and set up an awesome car and of course built the team up and have been a great teacher and coach. So Chad, honey, this win is for you!!

congrats to jimmy johnson...and of course for the jeff gorden team for didn't give up, i was amazed how in the last few laps he did well tried to get back up front...and though he looked disappointed, congrats for dale jr for finishing in the top 10

Back