NASCAR

ThumpyG42 said:
Who's your favorite driver, Bev?

I actually started watching the Trucks first, lol...I usually do things completely opposite of everyone else, lol. ;)

I'm an avid Mark Martin fan. When he retires I'll probably root for Carl Edwards.

I haven't watched a lot of the truck series, but I used to root for Mike Skinner when he was driving Winston Cup. He came out of the truck series and is now back there. He's what I call a "local" driver for me. He comes from Northern California like I do.

Bev said:

I'm an avid Mark Martin fan. When he retires I'll probably root for Carl Edwards.

I tend to root for Mark as well, he's from Arkansas like me. :D I'm hoping to be able to make the trip up to Batesville sometime to visit his museum once it's completed.

ThumpyG42 said:

I tend to root for Mark as well, he's from Arkansas like me. :D I'm hoping to be able to make the trip up to Batesville sometime to visit his museum once it's completed.

I'd like to visit his museum too. He said last Saturday it would be open in two weeks. Someday, I hope to get there to see it.

I like some of the up and coming guys too. Martin Truex, Jr. has a lot of potential. I hope he lives up to it.

Boleyn said:
The other I won't admit, because I will be chased outta here! (Hint: how many hours in a day?!) :lol:
*welcomes you with open arms* LOL I wont let anyone kick you out! ;) Jeff is my driver, has been for 10 years now, so you just come on in and stay. Jeff needs all the fans he can get!

Anyone else watch the Trucks and Busch Series as well?
Thumpy, you know I do ;) WOOT Aric and Jon!!

*hugs my Chad Knaus and never lets go*

I'd like to visit his museum too. He said last Saturday it would be open in two weeks. Someday, I hope to get there to see it.

I knew he said it was opening soon, I just couldn't remember exactly when it was he said. Thanks for the reminder. :)

Thumpy, you know I do.

Oh absolutely. ;)

Anyone else going to be able to watch the Twin 150's live? I should be able to see most of them, I won't be able to watch some of the middle part of the coverage b/c I'll be driving, but I'll be listening on my xm radio. :D

I believe so, Bev. I remember thinking that it was just my luck that as soon as I finally get the xm radio I'd wanted for so long, the NASCAR coverage was going to go to Sirius. :lol:

I've got Sirius, so I'm happy.

I heard today that Chad Knauss got busted by the NASCAR officals for raising Jimmie Johnson's rear window to deflect air off the spoiler. According to my buddy, Chad's not going to be at the track and Jimmie's gotta go to the rear of the field. Anyone else heard this?

Yes, Chad has been barred from any and all track activity for the rest of Speedweeks, and it's possible his suspension may last longer than that. Or at least that's what I understood Jimmie to say when I was watching Trackside earlier.

*hugs Hungry4TheWolfe, who is a big Jimmie/Chad fan* :(

WOW...I LOVE all this NASCAR talk... :D

I'm so excited about Sunday..and The 150's. You bet I'll be watching! WOOT!

I LOVE Truex Jr...but I used to get ran out of every where because of my favorite driver(Boleyn- your number MINUS 4...yeah...) BUT things are NOT so bad now, since he got an attitude adjustment.. :D :p hehehe..AND I love Dale Jr too. Actually, if I sat and named all the drivers I liked, you would be here all night reading. :lol:

I think bump drafting HAS to be done. Otherwise, the race would be boring...It's ok, too, as long as you do it when your going straight and NOT IN A TURN... *Sends another evil glare Kyle Busch's way* :mad:

Actually, if I sat and named all the drivers I liked, you would be here all night reading.

:lol: I'm the same way myself.

I agree mostly about the bump drafting, I do think it has to be done, just maybe not as frequently as they're doing it now. Straightways, yes...that's fine, but like LMG said, not in the turns or even in the tri-oval, that shouldn't be done, the cars are too unstable. I don't see how they think they're gonna police it though, I'm imagining a bunch of questionable calls coming up during the Twin's and the 500. Hopefully, I'm wrong about that though.

LovinMyGreggo said:

I think bump drafting HAS to be done. Otherwise, the race would be boring...It's ok, too, as long as you do it when your going straight and NOT IN A TURN... *Sends another evil glare Kyle Busch's way* :mad:

I agree. If its going to be done its got to be done appropriately. Doing it just to take another driver out isn't right or safe. I have concerns with NASCAR officals policing it. I hope they don't penalize some teams and not others. I hope its not biased.

150's today! YAY!

*runs into thread and grabs the last person who posted and swings them around*

WOOHOO!! Congrats to my Elliott! :D Gosh...I was soooo nervous during the green/white/checker finish. I was afraid they were gonna blow right by him. Also congrats to Jeff in the second race.

And a special congrats to Bobby Labonte and Kyle Petty. It was awesome to see the Petty Enterprises cars running so well! :D

I thought everyone behaved really well regarding the bump drafting, I think they proved you don't have to bump draft all the way around the track to have an exciting race.

Back