My First CSI story. CSI: Own Risk

Great, chapter. :)

One thing that caught my eye though is Calleigh's name. Her last name is spelled 'Duquesne', but that's alright. :D You've done a great job introducing the Miami CSIs, and the descriptions were great to visualize. One thing I would suggest, if you wanted to keep character continuity with the Miami CSIs, is watch a couple of episodes before you write a chapter. It's always great to review how they react to situations, and how they interact with each other. :) Other than that, you're doing a superb job!

I can't ever spell her name either, I thought it was Duquesene or something like that. Though I just added a letter so I wasn't too far off.

Too bad Warrick isn't around, he'd remember Horatio and Calleigh LOL. *wonders if Rick knows that Speed, who was there when he went in CJ, is gone now*

I like it. I love CSI Vegas but I have not watch Miami, except Cross Juridition or whatever the spell. Hurry back with more and don't let Nick get caught by the killer again.

Nice intergration, of only two miami characters, it balances it out, and Calleigh's response about taking care of him, sounds so like her, she is like the big sister, mother hen, caring person.

Grissom getting info on H, but not vice versa sounds about right as Grissom is the type to read about the person and then judge from there, where as H is the type to go based on gut and discussion.

You're doing very well, keeping on track, which isn't easy when intergrating two into one. slow and steady, and patience, you are on track. :)

Ahhhhh! i hate, hate, hate school! i haven't been able to read this in like forever!

poor Warrick!! he better be okay. he can't be dead. he just CAN'T! and what about Catherine? is she okay? she better be. oh i hope they're both okay!

and what about Greg and Sara? where are they? are they okay? they better not be dead either!! ahhhhhh! i'm all panic-y now! look what you've done to me!! *cries*

okay i'm better now. but YEY it's a crossover!! vegas and miami are my favorite shows ever.

UPDATE SOON!!!! :D

wooow i gone for 1 week and have three chapppie already..
love the suspense and wow cross over with csi miami...
its getting more exciting than expected...
great job..

Back at the Mayor's House. Both Gil Grissom and Horatio Caine are looking round the front room of the house. The Mayor's body is still there. It has not been moved at all. Grissom is crouched down over the body of the Mayor checking him out. As Horatio is walking round the outside of the room. Grissom has a set of Latex gloves on and a dark blue CSI jacket. Horatio however is still wearing what he was before apart from the Latex gloves he has on. Grissom is shinning his pen light over the head wound. As Horatio shines his light over the pictures above the fireplace.

GRISSOM: It looks like the Mayor was struck once from behind. Hold on.
HORATIO: What have you got there?

Grissom crouches down and opens his kit getting out a set of Tweezers. He takes them out and carefully pulls a thread of fibre out of the head wound. Grissom holds it up so they can both look at it as Horatio crouches down next to Grissom.

HORATIO: A black fibre?
GRISSOM: We found another one like this at the first crime scene. They were both inside the victims wounds.

Horatio stands back up as Grissom puts the fibre in a plastic bag. Horatio turns round looking back round the room with his pen light.

HORATIO: But how did the killer get in?

Grissom heads over to the front door and checks the lock. The lock is perfect not a mark on it. He glances over at Horatio.

GRISSOM: Well he didn't break in through this way.

Horatio walks over spotting something in the beam of his light. He walks over to and reads the display on the alarm system. Horatio presses a button and the display comes up with something else.

HORATIO: Why do people buy security systems if they don't even use them?
GRISSOM: Maybe as a deterant or to make them feel safer.
HORATIO: Well it sure didn't help our victim.

Horatio turns round spotting Nick markers on the floor. He walks over to the markers picking up his Field kit. He flashes his light down on the blood droplets. Grissom turns round walking over to him.

HORATIO: What did Nick say he checked out at the crime scene?
GRISSOM: He took photos of the body and swabbed the blood on the floor. Then he took some pictures of the blood droplets leading to the kitchen and bagged a bloody cloth from the kitchen bin.

Both Horatio and Grissom start walking down the corridor. They turn off to the left doorway heading into the kitchen. Their pen lights dancing round the kitchen area.

HORATIO: If our killer didn't come through the front door. Maybe....
GRISSOM: He came through the back.

Grissom's light has stopped on the door handle of the back door. Horatio walks over with Grissom next to him. Horatio touches the side of the door as he crouches down. Looking at the lock as he opens his kit. He pulls out a finger print brush and some finger print powder. He begins to dust the handle on both sides of the door. The inside brings up nothing but the outside brings up a full finger print. Horatio takes out a tape lift and carefully takes the print holding it up in Grissom's light.

HORATIO: And there you have it!
GRISSOM: Now lets see if this matches David Dacson.

Grissom heads outside checking just outside the back door for footprints. Horatio begin looking back round the kitchen for anything else.

Excellent chapter!

(Don't worry about not posting for so long, take all the time you need. ;) ) Great details, and excellent dialogue between Grissom and Horatio. It was great to read about them processing a scene together, because as we know, Horatio and Grissom have never met. This was a real treat! Keep up the great work. :)

Don't worry about it for taking so long. Just take your times. I'm glad Grissom and Horatio figure it out how the killer get in and wait for Nick to come out. I like it.

No worries man about the time! We're still here, and that just shows how attatched we are that if there's a gap, we still come running at an update! This is awesome so far, and I can't wait for the next update!

i like your style, how you are mixing novel and script together. it gives the reader the sense of an actual episode that way.

it doesn't matter how often you update. i'm so busy i'm barely on the computer anyway! any how, nice chapter. and they found a fingerprint...yey!

Back