Movies that Traumatized You!

wibble said:
Tink, I went to see The Grudge at the cinema and one of my friends was so traumatised by it afterwards that when she went back to her house, she kept following her housemates around for the rest of day because she was afraid some ghost or something was watching her :lol: I think it was the ghost at the bottom of the bed scene that really freaked her out :lol:
Ooooh I did the exact same thing, I was petrified that the woman was under my covers, I remember for about 4 days after only being able to face my bedroom door when I slept and not turning around in my sleep (not that I got much sleep). :eek: :lol:

I do that with all the scary movies I watch. I'm still doin' that with the Ring and Amittyville Horror.

We watched the modern day Romeo and Juliet (with Leo Decaprio) in English and the Queen Mab speech just changed my whole view of the play. We would be sitting in English reading the play and all of a sudden this picture of a dancin' cross-dressin' machine just pops into my head. I could hardly concentrate on the play. ;)

* Murder in the First *

It was the most terrible film of all times. The process around the famous prison Alcatraz. A prisoner (Kevin Bacon)becomes three years in solitary confinement closed, total naked, without light and by the director (Gary Oldman)nearly to death one tortures. 3 years later he - meanwhile mentally and physically disabled - comes out and murdered a another prisoner. The laywer (Christian Slater) takes over his defence....

A pure nightmare......

The Shining scared the hell out of me. And ever since I saw Signs, I can't look out the window at night. Flatliners freaked me out completely. And The Lost Boys creeped me out.

Nightmare of Elm Street, Chuckie, Final Destination cracked my up, they were hilarious. (Oh and The House on Haunted Hill, had the best line in any movie "it wasn't me, man, I was adopted."

Oh that Chuckie is very creepy and I won't watch that movie again. Also pretty much anything with clowns as they freak me out too.

I have never seen Nightmare on Elm Street or most of those slasher movies as I don't like that sort of stuff. I like movies that play with your mind and those can scare the crap out of you.

If you mean scarred me for life the movie would have to be The Passion of the Christ That film just changed my idea of Mel Gibson. That guy is off his head. :eek:

-------------------------

"What we gain by science is, after all, sadness." Thomas Hardy.

Chucky scared the crap out of me. I had a porcelian doll hanging from a swing in my room when I was younger and my brother said that at night it was going to turn into chucky and kill me.

And also my brother used to watch that tales from the crypt guy and he'd pin me down on the living room floor and make me watch it.

Seriously my brother's were not very nice to me!

I don't know which one, but the Friday the 13th movie where Jason stabs somebody from underneath their bed. I havn't been able to sleep on my back since I'd seen it.

speedmonkey2 said:
Chucky scared the crap out of me. I had a porcelian doll hanging from a swing in my room when I was younger and my brother said that at night it was going to turn into chucky and kill me.

And also my brother used to watch that tales from the crypt guy and he'd pin me down on the living room floor and make me watch it.

Seriously my brother's were not very nice to me!
your brother's exactly like me! i used to run around my house with the doll and chase my little brother!

* Judgment at Nuremberg*

''It has been three years since the most important Nazi leaders had already been tried. This trial is about 4 Judges who used their offices to conduct Nazi sterilization and cleansing policies. Retired American Judge, Judge Dan Haywood has a daunting task ahead of him. The Cold War is heating up and no one wants any more trials as Germany, and allied Governments, want to forget the past. But is that the right thing to do is the question that the tribunal must decide''

A short summery from a another side.....

The film is really hard. Interesting, but horrible, which comes there everything to the daylight. To see once that is enough.

The remake * Nuremberg * with Alec Baldwin is still harder. There the cold grey rather one shows as in the original.

This both films one cannot to fast forget.... :(

ughh the movie birds was like so scary! and the exorcism of emily rose! it was absolutly terrifying! and also one night when me and my friend were all alone in my house wedecided to watch when a stranger calls .......i was soooo scared for like the entire fricken movie!!

YouandMe1105 said:
I don't know which one, but the Friday the 13th movie where Jason stabs somebody from underneath their bed. I havn't been able to sleep on my back since I'd seen it.

I used to not be able to sleep because I thought Freddy was going to turn into the bed and eat me :rolleyes:

I can name three movies that terrified me for months.

1: The Exorcist (original) I slept with my bible and cross under my pillow for months, thinking it would keep the demons away.

2: Stephen Kings "IT", that movie cave me nightmares for years. My son who is now 18, watched it a few years back, and even he is still freaked over it".

3: Would most definetly be "Hostel". the whole idea of that movie, just wigged me out for months.

I have more too, but I'll stop at three for now.

*Cool thread by the way*

Back