Movies that Traumatized You!

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by quoth_the_raven, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Nomate

Nomate Police Officer

Jaws is such a well-made film, after it came out beaches all over America were completely empty. Personally I've never been in the ocean because of it... I don't think I'll ever get over that film, yet I still love to watch it.

Pan's Labyrinth was a very disturbing movie... Not necessarily scary, but so dark that it stayed with me.

The Butterfly Effect was equally disturbing, if not more so. The entire concept was so morbid and generally... gross. It's like the sole intent of the film was to be provocative and make the world seem like a completely disgusting place. There was so many scenes that stuck in my mind for a long time afterwards. :(

2. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

OMG! Pennywise!! Tim Curry was so freaking scary as that clown. I saw that film since my friend loved reading Stephen King's stories...and It was her favorite...plus, she had a major crush on Jonathan Brandis at that time...she made me sit through it.

3. dl_shipper34

dl_shipper34 CSI Level One

I didn't plan on it, but my friend and I went to see 'War of the Worlds' when it came out. That night I couldn't get to sleep for the longest time. The scene where the tripod climbs up from the cement and starts blasting people with that heat ray...everytime I closed my eyes, I saw that. The ray made people explode into ashes. There was one part where they zoomed up to this woman's face, and you can see her reaction when the ray hits her. That pretty much did it for me. We bought the movie and even now I have trouble watching that scene. Great film but that part freaked the hell out of me. I have a good stomach but that bothered me.

4. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

That was one of the few books I read in school that I acutally enjoyed. Enjoyed might be the wrong word but I wasn't unhappy that I read it. I read "Les Miserables" the same year and those are two of the few books I read in high school I remember with clairity and that I'm glad I read. I remember watching the movie and having to step out of the room at a few parts (the scene with the dying horses comes to mind) because of the totally horiffic image it was sending. I, however, am not sorry in the least that I read the book.