Movies that Traumatized You!

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by quoth_the_raven, Jun 15, 2006.

1. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

Im definitely with you, Miss_Undercover. Nuremburg was such an amazing but heartwrenching movie. I loved it, but it was really hard to watch because of the actual film footage they used throughout the film.

The only movie, I can think of, that "traumatized" me was Arachnophobia. When I was younger I had no problems with spiders, but after that movie - which I saw when I like 10 years old - I can't stand being near one.

2. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Worst combo. Stephen King and Clowns. Dress Tim Curry up in a clown suit and you have a seriously freaky film. :lol:

Poltergeist is another film which haunts me. I never had a fear of the television, but the scene with Carol-Ann’s mum in the swimming pool scared the hell out of me. :eek:

3. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I saw the Exorcist when I was around 11 or 12 and for about 2 weeks, every night I had trouble getting to sleep because I was worried I'd become possessed overnight! :eek:

That's about the only movie that's ever gotten to me, I think.

4. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

The movie "Arachnophobia" never fails to freak me out. I have a small amount of arachnophobia myself, but couple that with the ginormous spiders in that film and I will be forever wigged out by the movie.

5. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

^^^ Oh, you got me. I forgot about that one. I saw it in the theatre, and I spent at least two thirds of the movie squirming and turning sideways in my seat, and covering my eyes. I CANNOT handle spiders and those were a little too realistic for my liking.

6. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

Arachnaphobia sure scared the hell out of me.. I've been afraid of spiders ever since... (but I don't jump up and try to kill them.. Love any animal too much!)

And IT (Stephen King)... I never looked at a clown in the same way again.. When I got older, and watched it again when I found the courage, it still freaked me out..

7. poison girl

poison girl Pathologist

My case are two short movies:

1. un perro andaluz (an andalusian dog). In this short movie there is a scene where a woman gets an eye cut in half with an old razor blade. I had to look, because I saw that in class, but it really freaked me out.

2. La cabina (the phone booth). In this short movie a man, who goes to make a phone call, finds himself trapped in the little phone cabin while everyone looks and anybody can help him go out. I'm claustrophobic, so it scared me too. Could't stop seeing it because I had to see it in class to.

8. CSIdoglover54

CSIdoglover54 Witness

The Ring freaked me out as well, especially where she came out of the tv. If my tv went to a fuzzy picture I would freak for weeks after that.

On a funny note: my dad knew how much the movie freaked me out so after we watched it one night (he wanted to see it)when I went to bed he took a dry erase marker and drew rings on the lenses of my glasses. I wasn't scared by that, in fact I found it funny and he did too until he tried to get the marker off. It came off but if left these scratch marks in a circle on my glasses. He ended up having to buy me a new pair. I have HORRIBLE eyes, being born three months too early so my glasses are really expensive. It ended up being a 400 dollar joke. Now if you bring the ring up he shoots you a death glare lol!

9. CSIdoglover54

CSIdoglover54 Witness

oh yeah. Poltarguist *sp* got me. I watched it when I was little and to this day I have to keep my closet door closed. How pathetic is that!

When I was like 6 my dad had me watch The Blob and I wouldn't go near vents for weeks and had tons of nightmares. I caught it on TV once and now I laugh because it is so hoaky!

10. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Also, with Poltergeist, I found it a little unnerving whenever the medium (or the little woman as I call her) spoke. I don't really know why. I think it was her high-pitched voice. She kind of reminded me of a ghost herself. :lol:

In my opinion, Arachnophobia was most probably the scariest movie ever made, as it plays on what most of the population are scared of, spiders. Everybody’s worst nightmare, being surrounded by a billion spiders that are the size of dinner plates. Worst part for me was the beginning when they opened up the coffin with that photographer in. *shudders*

11. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

The Exorcism of Emily Rose FREAKED me out, The Omen also did too. Psycho also freaked me out.

When A Stranger Called absolutly tramutized me though. I babysit in really rural places sometimes because the pay is so good. But after that movie I never went back, it freaked me out!

12. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

A Nightmare on Elm street STILL freaks me out if I watch it by myself. I love the movies, I have them all.. But when I watch them alone, I'm running to the washroom, and flicking every light on down the hallway..

Poltergiest was one that freaked me out for like two years. The first time I saw any of the movies, it was my 8th birthday, I had a sleepover, and I was so scared, I had to call my grandma EVERY night (I'm serious.. for like a year or two!) to make sure she was okay, and I had to make sure I wasn't going to die. I was absolutely traumatized by that movie..

Now I love it. :lol:

Oh, LEPRECHAUN was another movie that scared me. I used to love it when I was little, but then when I was around 6, I couldn't watch it anymore. I was so scared, and every time I'd go to my aunts (She has like dirt mountains around her town and stuff) I was so freaked out a leprechaun was going to come and kill me.

I love those movies now, too. :lol:

I was scared of horror movies when I was little, now I can't get enough of them.. Those were the ones that really got me under my skin.

Dolls- if anyone has ever seen it was absolutely freaky. My aunt made me watch it when I was like 4 or 5, and I only remember ONE part of it.. I haven't seen it since. :lol:

13. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I can tell you is the scary movie is Child Play, Chucky. I like the movie.

I watch the old black and white movie called Night Of The Living Dead, that was a good movie. The remake of the Night Of The Living Dead, that was a stupid movie I ever watch, it was dummy that walked on earth, they could laugh at that.

I like the remake of Dawn Of The Dead, that was scary and also you could laugh at them, they running zombies, I can't forget about two thing, they hiss and growl.

14. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

I love the Chucky movies. I never got scared of them though, I kind of got a good laugh out of them. I remember when I was nine, I went to the mall with my mom, and saw a CHUCKY doll- I was so worried it was gonna like come after me that I went up to it and hugged it and gave it a kiss :lol:

15. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

I know that CSI is not a movie, but a lot of the episodes traumatize me like the 7th season finale Living Doll. I hate Mustangs now.