More CSI:NY Spoilers: Start Spreading the News!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also looking forward to what sounds like a hefty role for Flack. I've enjoyed Flack's screen time this season, so that'll be good.

My worry is that by the time the episode airs, the changes and rewrites, etc will leave Flack's role less hefty than early spoilers indicate. As for his screen time, for me quantity is not as good as quantity--much as I love the character, I feel he's become stagnant from no character growth since S1.

I'm really confused! When I first read the spoiler it just said Lindsay wakes up in Danny's apartment. It doesn't neccesary mean bed or am I just bordering on wishful thinking and naiviety.
Anyhoo, the finale looks fabuolous and the whole Flack offering himself as a hostage for Danny! Oh my word - that's so romantic!!
I cannot wait!

SimplyBlue said:

Speaking of which, if the scene is shown -- I better at least see a damn ass cheek. I'll endure it if I can shamelessly exploit the man for little more reason than he's pretty to look at.

:lol:Hahaha that's the funniest thing ever!! Wow, you seem to say what most of us just think. HAha I love it. :lol:

Anyways, I don't really come on CSI:NY often, which is sad because I like the show. Anyways, I've read through the posts, and I noticed the whole Danny's hand issue. Is that a spoiler or something that was actually seen? I know someone said it was a spoiler, but if thats the case, why are people saying things like "it looks pretty severe," or maybe it was it seems pretty severe... I forget but yeah...

Thanks.

Also, I love Danny and Flack and I'm stoked that Danny will have an angsty episode.. haha I'm bad.

Later...

Top41 said:
I think we can all agree on that. :lol: :devil: ;)
I tried defending him. I clucked my tongue when he stripped his shirt during a pivotal moment for Hawkes. I felt the obvious sexual exploitation cheapened the character as well as Carmine. The scene should have been about Hawkes and the audience's insight into the character -- not the payoff of Carmine going to the gym.

But now, hell, whatever, lol. I'll let the writers' crack the whip and force their little pet monkey to dance. It's bound to happen someday.

Do we know who's in charge of the season finale's script? If it's Lenkov the Pimp, I stand a damn good chance of seeing the butt. He seems to enjoy upgrading Carmine's exploitation each time. It's first too hot in the panic room and Danny must spend the episode in a wifebeater. Then the klutz dumps coffee on him because of a cheap lid...take off the shirt. So we might get to see Danny prowl around his apartment in a pair of boxers or slide out of bed in the buff. I could do that...the odds are in my favor *adjusts herself to the idea* :lol: :p

kkennedytx said:
My worry is that by the time the episode airs, the changes and rewrites, etc will leave Flack's role less hefty than early spoilers indicate. As for his screen time, for me quantity is not as good as quantity--much as I love the character, I feel he's become stagnant from no character growth since S1.
I think Eddie always utilizes the screen time he's given. I can't recall a time where I wish Flack would get off the screen already and hand the spotlight over to another character. Quality has never been a problem for me.

As for being stagnant since Season One, I don't quite agree. I think we've learned much more about Flack than we have say about Lindsay. His characterization is more subtle and it slides in as easily as his snarky one liners do. I thought when Flack went toe-to-toe with Mac in "Consequences" was a great moment for the character. I'm not at all against giving Eddie more quality screen time (believe me, I could easily watch an episode centered around Flack), but as a detective, I don't see it happening as obiviously as it does for the other characters. Unless it has to do directly with the case where Flack's character is shoved to center stage, he'll remain in the background while the CSIs run the show.

But as for the season finale, I do hope they don't cut any of Eddie's screen time. Granted, I probably won't know since I'm not fully aware of how extensive his role might be as of now, but hopefully the writers will realize that Eddie is capable of sinking his teeth into something bigger.

Top41 said:
Maybe Danny took a kick to the head and it will be amnesia after all! Danny stands there, battered and wounded, looking around at everyone, and says, "Who are you people?" :lol: ;)

That is just pure genius, seriously. They write that for real, I'll be sitting here clapping my hands because the TPTB will have impressed me for once since season one (with the exception of the whole Shane story, that is). It'll be a great chance for Danny's character to be rebuilt to its former glory, fo sho.

This does sound more brutal than anything I've seen a main character on a CSI show ever go through, even more so than what Stella endured in "All Access."

What Danny will go through, should the spoilers be accurate, will be brutal, but in terms of emotional trauma ... I don't think anything can top what poor Nicky went through in Grave Danger in CSI:LV. Tarantino truly upped the ante in angst and drama with that episode.

And yes, although Flack was unconscious for most of his explosion experience, it's the aftermath that'll affect him deeply. Ya don't wake up with your whole belly looking like Hiroshima after the a-bomb dropped and just feel and act all diddly-fine like nothing happened. Danny's gonna get beaten up bad, but based on the kind of injuries he'll have, he won't be getting any horrible scars from them, not like Flack probably has from his wounds.

Of course, I still see the lack of any reaction from Flack about what happened to him to be a terrible oversight on the TPTB's part. However, with what's going to happen to Danny, I hope the TPTB will have learned their lesson and not do the same to Danny. If Danny returns next season all fine and dandy like he didn't get the @#$% beaten out of him by criminal whackjobs ... I'm gonna shoot somebody with an AK-47 myself.

PTSD-riddled Danny will be fantastic material for Carmine, and Eddie. I'm reallyreallyreally hoping Danny will do what he did in On the Job once more: turn to Flack in his darkest hour for support. And how fitting can it be? Flack's gone through a nasty experience himself at the hands of some crazy, bomb-loving criminal. He's the perfect guy to help Danny deal with the aftereffects of his trauma due to his emotional stability and strength too.

(Okay, the rest of my ramblings' gonna go into my CSI:NY LJ. :lol:)

I'm really confused! When I first read the spoiler it just said Lindsay wakes up in Danny's apartment. It doesn't neccesary mean bed or am I just bordering on wishful thinking and naiviety.
It's possible, but I doubt it.

I've read through the posts, and I noticed the whole Danny's hand issue. Is that a spoiler or something that was actually seen? I know someone said it was a spoiler, but if thats the case, why are people saying things like "it looks pretty severe," or maybe it was it seems pretty severe... I forget but yeah...
When Orison originally posted the spoilers, she didn't specify, but someone mentioned it later on. It is part of the spoilers that Danny's hand gets messed up really badly. So, unless they change things (which they may do, you never know), Danny is definitely going to have hand issues in the finale if not next season. :)

Okay, the rest of my ramblings' gonna go into my CSI:NY LJ.
Sweet! I'm sensing slashiness! *runs to LJ* :devil:

PTSD-riddled Danny will be fantastic material for Carmine, and Eddie. I'm reallyreallyreally hoping Danny will do what he did in On the Job once more: turn to Flack in his darkest hour for support. And how fitting can it be? Flack's gone through a nasty experience himself at the hands of some crazy, bomb-loving criminal. He's the perfect guy to help Danny deal with the aftereffects of his trauma due to his emotional stability and strength too.

I hope, too, that the writers don't drop the ball on the Danny injury continuity. Since there was no Flack reaction to his "ordeal" following the S2 finale; I wouldn't buy into any kind of reaction from him after all this time has passed. But it'd be so like Flack to hang in there to be Danny's support (if they do write such a story line for Danny next season).

Any spoilers about what Mac, Stella, and Hawkes will be doing during this hostage situation? I thought in past seasons the finale featured Mac; I'm curous to know if that "tradition" will continue with the S3 finale.

There is something going on at the lab that has Mac, Stella and Hawkes' attention. ;) I was a bit worried myself initially--I can't see Mac not being right in the thick of things if Danny is taken hostage (and Adam, damnit, we don't talk about him enough :(). But the hostage situation isn't the only thing going on, although we know less about what Mac, Stella and Hawkes are up to. :)

Mac has been the focus of the finales so far, and I would expect him to have a big role since he's the main character...

Faylinn, why does the season finale have to be about Mac?? yes Mac is the main character but that doesn't mean the finales always have to be about him. I mean Grissom is the main character on Vegas not ever season finale is about him. Nor are all Miami finales about Horatio. It would be soooo boring if every freaking finale they have is about Mac. And Danny hasn't had a story this year so the writers are choosing the finale for a Danny story. I for one am glad its not all about Mac I feel like Mac get way to many story lines on CSI as it is. I now Mac the lead and I love Gary Sinise have loved him for years but for christ sakes is not the fucking Gary Sinise Show.

I really really hope they keep Adam in the lab. NY already put a lab guy into the field dont do it again. I think it could ruin the character of Adam. You can make him a bigger part of the show without putting him in the feild.

One of my biggest questions is why does Danny switch shifts with Lindsay??

after rereading alot of peoples post I have more questions.

1) What happens to Danny hand. I can't find anything about it other than people saying the injuries are going to be extreme.

2)Why are Peyton and Sid excuated fro mthe building but somehow Mac, Stella and Hawkes get left behind?? I don't get it.

3) where Lindsay?? I get her big part of the episode will be worrying about Danny, but is she in the lab?? at her apartment? Danny apartment??

4) lastly how many episodes do we have until the finale?? and what number show will the finale be??

From This weeks Ask Ausiello
TV GUIDE ASK AUSIELLO

Question: I've heard a rumor that someone is getting killed in the CSI: NY finale! Help! Is it true?— Grace

Ausiello: Can't confirm that someone's killed. Can confirm that someone's gonna be in a lot of pain.

Question: Can you please provide any spoilers for CSI: NY, especially related to Danny and Lindsay?— Frank

Ausiello: All you Dindsay-shippers are not gonna want to miss the season finale. You won't be disappointed.

Faylinn, why does the season finale have to be about Mac??
The season finale doesn't have to be anything. It can be the CSI:NY circus, with Danny and Flack running around as clowns while Stella walks the high-wire. I was simply going off of what you yourself admitted--"Mac is the main character." He's been the focus of the finales in the past, so it was a reasonable assumption to make that the finale would concentrate on him again. But I'm not a writer, I'm just a fan with an opinion. *shrug*

The finale is one episode out of 24--I fail to see how making it about Mac is any more 'boring' than making it about Danny. The fact that Danny hasn't had a big storyline this season is down to the writers dropping the ball. I can't help but feel like them giving Danny this action movie-esque role in the finale is all about cashing in on the character who gets the fangirl panties wet.

I really really hope they keep Adam in the lab.
I think most people would agree with that, but I don't think anything so far would suggest that they are planning to put him in the field. He's been to the scene before, so...

1) What happens to Danny hand. I can't find anything about it other than people saying the injuries are going to be extreme.
Don't want to be too specific, but let's just say that he does something that he shouldn't and the hostage-takers don't appreciate it.

2)Why are Peyton and Sid excuated fro mthe building but somehow Mac, Stella and Hawkes get left behind?? I don't get it.
From what I understand, they're all evacuated, but Mac realizes that it's a false alarm and maybe they go back in??? I'm not entirely sure, hopefully someone else can clear that up. :)

3) where Lindsay?? I get her big part of the episode will be worrying about Danny, but is she in the lab?? at her apartment? Danny apartment??
No clue. All I know is that she's at Danny's apartment, and then she's worrying about him. She speaks to Flack, so we can assume that she knows about the hostage situation and comes there, although I couldn't begin to tell you how or why.

4) lastly how many episodes do we have until the finale?? and what number show will the finale be??
Tomorrow we get episode 3.20, so that leaves us with four more episodes including the finale, which will be 3.24 :)

(And don't forget that you can edit your post, Railynn, rather than double-posting. ;))

ETA: I don't think anybody is going to die on NY. I think people are overreacting unnecessarily. Wouldn't they try to build up some suspense if a character was going to kick the bucket?

"Dindsay"? :lol: I'm sorry, most ship names are totally ridiculous, but that is worse than most that I've seen. It's like a dust bunny or something.

My guess is that he's referring to her waking up in his bedroom. :rolleyes: OMG, adults have sex, y'all!

ETA2: Also, does it ever piss anybody else the f**k off when all people ever ask in these types of things is about the pairings? Why not ask about something other than who's doing what with whom? And when someone asks about spoilers, why only give ones about Danny and Lindsay. Personally, there are other things that I would much rather know about. :rolleyes:

PTSD-riddled Danny will be fantastic material for Carmine, and Eddie.
It would be fun to watch, but the TPTB would do a craptastic job. They handled Lindsay's PTSD horribly. Granted I didn't like the plotline, but it was a joke to assume Lindsay would simply 'turn off' her issues after the trial -- PTSD doesn't work like that. I want to see Lindsay suffer through a psych. evaluation and then watch Mac realize she's a little to unstable to continue working untreated.

I think both Carmine and Eddie would handle the role with great conviction, but I lack faith in the writers.

Since there was no Flack reaction to his "ordeal" following the S2 finale; I wouldn't buy into any kind of reaction from him after all this time has passed.
Not necessarily. An individual's emotional trauma could very well pop up years down the road (as we watched with Lindsay) and affect him or her then. I highly doubt the writers considered this (maybe they have), but it may very well pop up a couple seasons from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back