More CSI:NY Spoilers: Start Spreading the News!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top41 said:

I have to say, the cutesyness of it makes me think they're headed for a big break. Are they really going to do cute and cuddly for the show's entire run? I kind of doubt it. It makes me wonder where this is really headed. It's too good to be true (if you like it, that is).

To be fair, though, the whole relationship has had a fanfiction-inspired cutesyness to it. Maybe it will have a satirical twist at the end and is all over in a very public and definitive way.

Interesting--possibly? Though Danny did search for Flack when Mac and Flack were in the building. He just didn't stick around for bedside duty (at least, that we saw). But I think it's been well established that Flack will do just about anything for Danny.

Yep, I wish we had seen more of that: did Danny visit Flack religiously, or did he chicken out completely? Flack is the more mature of the two, we've seen that repeatedly, and is certainly level-headed in a way that perfectly counters Danny's past hot-headedness. And he would do almost anything for Danny.

I guess I will watch this after all... live. And chatting.

Has that gas leak in the lab got anything to do with those drug(dealer)s in that warehouse?
Yes, they are related. From what I can tell, the drugs are in the lab and they've come to get them back.

WOW, thanks for the spoiler,Orison!

It sounds like an interesting plot and I can't wait for this episode. I'm really excited how the writers manage that thing.

OMG, Mac and Stella are inside the lab because of the gas leak while Peyton's outside. Hope that we have a cute SMacked scene in there like Mac is protecting her or something.. :)

I'm glad to hear Flack gets more to do in the finale, but I'm still reserving judgement on this one. Again it's the same one-way (at least onscreen) Flack concern for Danny that we've seen several times already. I'd have to re-watch last season's finale to be sure, but I thought Danny was more concerned about finding Mac in the rubble after the boming (after all, isn't Mac supposed to be some sort of father figure to Danny?). And I'll go along with those that think Danny's injuries and trauma will be addressed next season--that would be good continuity (for a change) and could tie into the "dashed hope" thing between Danny and Lindsay. I'm still trying to re-interest myself in this show, so I'm not even certain I'll be watching the rest of this season let alone next season.

Springmoon said:
To be fair, though, the whole relationship has had a fanfiction-inspired cutesyness to it. Maybe it will have a satirical twist at the end and is all over in a very public and definitive way.

True, it does. I'm no fan of it, but my biggest problem with it--bigger even than the offensive lack of chemistry between Carmine and Anna--is what it's done to Danny's character. Rather than see the aftermath of Danny losing one of his closest friends (Aiden) and nearly losing his brother, we've had to watch his character get lost in a romance straight out of a teen high school drama.

So I guess the reason Lindsay being in Danny's bed doesn't bother me all that much is because from what we've seen of the episode, it doesn't really have to do with their romance, at least not for him. There's great drama for Danny here. As for Lindsay, well, she's little more than a romantic interest character anyway, so giving her nothing to do but waking up in Danny's bed and fretting about him for the entire episode isn't a bad thing. I mean, from what we can see Peyton has more to do. It just underscores the point a bunch of us have been making all season--that Lindsay is really nothing more than a love interest character who happens to be in the opening credits. But Danny is much more than that, so as long as there's more for him to do in the episode, and in the show in general, I'm happy.

And I hate to say it, but I'd be surprised if we didn't see Danny and Lindsay in bed together in the teaser. Given that it's well into the episode when she wakes up in his bed, I have a feeling we'll see them actually having sex at some point beforehand. Close your eyes, Carmine, and think of England. :lol:

Yep, I wish we had seen more of that: did Danny visit Flack religiously, or did he chicken out completely? Flack is the more mature of the two, we've seen that repeatedly, and is certainly level-headed in a way that perfectly counters Danny's past hot-headedness. And he would do almost anything for Danny.

I don't think we'll ever know, so I guess it's up to the audience (on an individual level) to decide one way or another if Danny is a shitty friend who basically wasn't there for Flack at all, or if like Flack's recovery, it all happened off screen. The latter makes more sense logically because Flack and Danny have always been portrayed as being close, and Flack doesn't seem like the kind of guy to offer devotion if it's not returned at all.

kkennedytx said:
I'm glad to hear Flack gets more to do in the finale, but I'm still reserving judgement on this one. Again it's the same one-way (at least onscreen) Flack concern for Danny that we've seen several times already. I'd have to re-watch last season's finale to be sure, but I thought Danny was more concerned about finding Mac in the rubble after the boming (after all, isn't Mac supposed to be some sort of father figure to Danny?).

Well, Danny never said, "Oh, I'm so worried about Flack!" or "Oh, I need to find Mac!" so I think it's probably safe to say he was concerned about both his mentor and his good friend. That episode was ultimately more about Mac than either Flack (who was unconscious) and Danny (who was secondary) so there just isn't that much to work with when trying to discern how Danny felt or whether he was there for Flack during his recovery or not. We don't even really know anything about Flack's recovery period.

And I'll go along with those that think Danny's injuries and trauma will be addressed next season--that would be good continuity (for a change) and could tie into the "dashed hope" thing between Danny and Lindsay.

I think it's safe to say that Danny will probably have some issues coming out of this. Again, Flack was unconscious through his ordeal, while Danny is going to be taking repeated abuse, while conscious, from some pretty scary guys.

I'm still not sure what to make of "destiny dashed" other than it seems to be something we aren't going to get from these spoilers. My guess is that we'll have to wait until the episode to see if it in fact happens, and how. I'll admit, I'm curious.

(after all, isn't Mac supposed to be some sort of father figure to Danny?)

Yeah, the same feeling I have,too, about Danny and Mac. ;) I think Mac guides him through the cases he got to investigate and through his life, too. Mac is Dannys boss but he show's him not only one time the right way which is worth to stay.

And btw the same feeling about Mac is some sort of a father figure I have with Lindsay. From the first day on Lindsay showed up Mac do this kind of guiding her, too.

Stella said:
(after all, isn't Mac supposed to be some sort of father figure to Danny?)

Yeah, the same feeling I have,too, about Danny and Mac. ;) I think Mac guides him through the cases he got to investigate and through his life, too. Mac is Dannys boss but he show's him not only one time the right way which is worth to stay.

And btw the same feeling about Mac is some sort of a father figure I have with Lindsay. From the first day on Lindsay showed up Mac do this kind of guiding her, too.

I agree on both counts. I always wished they would show more of Lindsay and Mac working together. They have a nice chemistry (not romantic).

I agree on both counts. I always wished they would show more of Lindsay and Mac working together. They have a nice chemistry (not romantic).

That's always a possibility! As the star and primary main character, Mac should be seen working with each and every one of his CSIs. Perhaps you'll see this next season, especially if Danny's having a rough time of it following the events of the finale.

I guess I will watch this after all... live. And chatting.
Yes, you'll be watching this and chatting, you don't have a choice. :devil: You have to hear me fretting about Adam, after all. ;)

The thing about 'destiny dashed' is that it's such a strange phrase to choose--why not just say that something postpones their relationship? 'Dashed' indicates that it's broken or destroyed, at least the way that I use the word. And 'destiny,' to me anyway, indicates something that will happen in the future--why would the entire future be changed because of this hostage situation? I suppose there must be something major that we're not seeing, but I can't imagine what they're going for...

In any case, despite my reservations about the finale, I'm excited to see what happens, and Carmine should turn out a great performance, not to mention the others--I'm excited to see the way that the actors bring what we've seen in the spoilers to life. :)

Faylinn said:
The thing about 'destiny dashed' is that it's such a strange phrase to choose--why not just say that something postpones their relationship? 'Dashed' indicates that it's broken or destroyed, at least the way that I use the word. And 'destiny,' to me anyway, indicates something that will happen in the future--why would the entire future be changed because of this hostage situation? I suppose there must be something major that we're not seeing, but I can't imagine what they're going for...

"Dashed" does imply finality, that's for sure. And we now know Danny's season ending "distraction" was a bit of a euphamism--certainly getting taken hostage and getting beaten repeatedly is a bit more than a distraction!--so I am curious to see what destiny dashed will turn out to mean. We definitely haven't seen it.

Maybe Danny took a kick to the head and it will be amnesia after all! Danny stands there, battered and wounded, looking around at everyone, and says, "Who are you people?" :lol: ;)

I do wonder if this one will have one of those "graphic content" warnings that always gets slapped on 24. You know, the "Viewer Discretion Advised" that always fortells of graphic violence ahead. This does sound more brutal than anything I've seen a main character on a CSI show ever go through, even more so than what Stella endured in "All Access."

Maybe something goes awry after this.

Maybe one of the suspects gets loose or there is some one else amongst them that is one of the bad guys.

They try to take a shot at Danny only Lindsay takes the bullet for him.

But would they do that. Put Danny through all of that and then have Lindsay shot right in front of him?

And would they have Danny loose someone else close to him? It would seem like overkill IMO.

I do wonder if this one will have one of those "graphic content" warnings that always gets slapped on 24...This does sound more brutal than anything I've seen a main character on a CSI show ever go through
Yeah, definitely brutal--not just 'this is happening' but 'OMG LOOK AT THIS HAPPENING! IN GRAPHIC DETAIL! UP CLOSE! WITH SOUND EFFECTS!' So I wouldn't be at all surprised. :lol:

And we now know Danny's season ending "distraction" was a bit of a euphamism--certainly getting taken hostage and getting beaten repeatedly is a bit more than a distraction!
Or maybe the hostage situation isn't the 'distraction' at all--maybe a woman comes up to him in the final few moments of the episode, when they're wheeling him away on a stretcher or something, and whips out her wallet to show him a picture of some kids and go: "You're my baby-daddy, we've got triplets. Let's go to Disney World." [/please-God-no!] :lol:

And I hate to say it, but I'd be surprised if we didn't see Danny and Lindsay in bed together in the teaser. Given that it's well into the episode when she wakes up in his bed, I have a feeling we'll see them actually having sex at some point beforehand. Close your eyes, Carmine, and think of England.
*scoffs* What? And ruin her entire character-driven moment in the teasers? What will that leave for the actual episode? I mean she's conquered what no other woman on CSI: NY (with the exclusion of Cindy and the other vague references to former girlfriends) could do (alas, how you tried Maka) -- she screwed Daniel Messer. The writers will have completed her two-part character arc -- the super dark scary secret and bedding Danny.

But seriously, I'll crack up if sex does make it into the teasers. If Lindsay screwing Danny is more important than this drawn out character plotline (aka the Super Dark Scary Secret!!!) they've slaughtered this past season, I'll laugh. For any other main credited character, their personal plotlines have usually in some shape or form slipped into the teasers. Lindsay? Nada. Her plotline, although condemning to the character (for some), became almost an afterthought. I think it would say a lot about the show's value in Lindsay if her rolling around in bed with Danny is supposed to draw in viewers. Dead friends couldn't do it, so a naked boyfriend will.

Speaking of which, if the scene is shown -- I better at least see a damn ass cheek. I'll endure it if I can shamelessly exploit the man for little more reason than he's pretty to look at.

But really, aside from that, I am excited about the Miami-esque episode. It sounds like Sid's returned Danny's man bits. I'm sure, however, that had they been returned sooner -- maybe Danny woudldn't be in testosterone overdrive and he'd be able to more effectively keep his mouth shut. I'm also looking forward to what sounds like a hefty role for Flack. I've enjoyed Flack's screen time this season, so that'll be good.

melanie33 said:
Maybe something goes awry after this.

Maybe one of the suspects gets loose or there is some one else amongst them that is one of the bad guys.

They try to take a shot at Danny only Lindsay takes the bullet for him.

But would they do that. Put Danny through all of that and then have Lindsay shot right in front of him?

It would make a hell of a season ender, wouldn't it? Could you think of anything more shocking, more surprising, more unexpected? And it would have everyone talking about the show all summer. If it's one thing CSI: NY could use a little more of, it's buzz. This would bring just that. ;)

SimplyBlue said:
But seriously, I'll crack up if sex does make it into the teasers. If Lindsay screwing Danny is more important than this drawn out character plotline (aka the Super Dark Scary Secret!!!) they've slaughtered this past season, I'll laugh. For any other main credited character, their personal plotlines have usually in some shape or form slipped into the teasers. Lindsay? Nada. Her plotline, although condemning to the character (for some), became almost an afterthought. I think it would say a lot about the show's value in Lindsay if her rolling around in bed with Danny is supposed to draw in viewers. Dead friends couldn't do it, so a naked boyfriend will.

:lol: Well, she's pretty much a love interest character--and kind of a proxy for some viewers--so it does make sense I guess.

Speaking of which, if the scene is shown -- I better at least see a damn ass cheek. I'll endure it if I can shamelessly exploit the man for little more reason than he's pretty to look at.

I think we can all agree on that. :lol: :devil: ;)

Top41 said:
"Dashed" does imply finality, that's for sure. And we now know Danny's season ending "distraction" was a bit of a euphamism--certainly getting taken hostage and getting beaten repeatedly is a bit more than a distraction!--so I am curious to see what destiny dashed will turn out to mean. We definitely haven't seen it.

Yeah, that's definitely not what I had in mind when I first read the word "distraction"... ;) And to be honest, I don't see anything so far that indicates their relationship will de dropped next season. Unless something else happens Lindsay will still be at Danny's side... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back