More CSI:NY Spoilers: Start Spreading the News!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Well, Danny is the show's resident Damsel In Distress. Good thing Flack is his Knight in Shining Armor, otherwise he'd be in trouble. More than he usually is, that is. :lol:

Springmoon said:
Well, I think I may have just found my deal breaker about whether socializing wins out over CSI:NY with this spoiler news. Socializing wins. I may as well network rather than make it home in time for this mess. Waking up in his bed? Gag me with a spoon.

I have to say, the cutesyness of it makes me think they're headed for a big break. Are they really going to do cute and cuddly for the show's entire run? I kind of doubt it. It makes me wonder where this is really headed. It's too good to be true (if you like it, that is).

On the other hand, Flack is playing noble? Are we supposed to draw parallels between this season's finale where Flack sticks by Danny, and last season's where Danny seemingly ran out on Flack in the hospital?

Interesting--possibly? Though Danny did search for Flack when Mac and Flack were in the building. He just didn't stick around for bedside duty (at least, that we saw). But I think it's been well established that Flack will do just about anything for Danny.

midnight_tiptoes said:
Great. Danny drama.

Try not to be too excited about it. ;) Maybe they'll kick him in the neck and damage his vocal cords or something and he won't be able to talk.

(Am I cruel to get her hopes up like that? :lol: )

Yes, you're cruel. :lol: But I still loves you. ;)

I wrote a long thing on my LJ about the spoilers, so if anybody is interested in my opinions, you can read them here (I'm not nice about D/L, which shouldn't surprise anyone).

I'm going back and forth with how I feel about the spoilers, but I'm sure I'll love the episode. *shrug*

Maybe the whole destiny dashed thing just starts this year. This is a possibility IMO: Danny's all messed up and recovering from injuries that are affecting his work. He gets all surly next year and pushes everyone away? I dunno. My best guess.

^ ^ ^
I agree, the injuries to Danny's hand seem extreme, I did some research and the bones that are crushed are the ones for gripping stuff, working in a lab, this could cause problems.

It's definitely a possibility--they end the season with us not knowing what's going to happen with Danny. Zuiker's comments could be meant to get us thinking, rather than it being something that we'll actually see on the show itself this season.

I get the feeling that Danny's injuries will have long-term effects, even if they just brushed off Flack's injuries last season. Which kind of pisses me off, actually. *scowl*

I'm really excited about the new episodes! The spoilers are just amazing! hehe...I'm looking forward for the finale...will there really be someone getting shot? how 'bout peyton? hehe...

---

glad that a new episode of CSI:NY this week! Yay!

Where's the 'destiny dashed' part? I don't remember seeing it. Is it that article a while back about the D/L distraction?

^I don't know--"destiny dashed" is pretty extreme. And I don't know why Zuiker would say that if it didn't happen this season, though I guess it's possible he was looking ahead. Still, his wording was something like "only see their destiny dashed when Danny has a season ending distraction." Obviously we know what the season ending distraction is. Still not sure how that leads to their destiny being dashed, though I agree with audrina that the most likely scenario is that Danny's traumatized and pushes everyone away.

As for Flack recovering physically and mentally quickly while Danny probably won't, there are a few things to keep in mind there. One, Flack's a hell of a lot stronger emotionally than Danny is. The only time we've ever seen the softer side of Flack is with Danny; otherwise, he seems to be almost all stoic, tough cop. Even with Gavin Moran and Stella, he was more stoic than sentimental. It's only with Danny that we've ever seen him be anything approaching gentle.

The second point would be that Flack was pretty much unconscious throughout most of his ordeal. The bomb went off and he was out. Not to say he might not have memories of the pain, but for the most part I imagine he was out cold for the most traumatic parts of it--having his guts hanging out of his body. Whereas Danny's going to beaten and roughed up by people, and he's going to be conscious throughout all of it. I'd expect him to come out of it with some issues.

The hand does seem like it will be a major issue. I could see that coming into play next season...or not. But it might. The injury does seem to be pretty severe.

Not to make light of a nasty situation for Danny, but ... if it's his right hand, I can understand why he'd be traumatized and pissed off about it. :p :p :p

Kimmychu said:
Not to make light of a nasty situation for Danny, but ... if it's his right hand, I can understand why he'd be traumatized and pissed off about it. :p :p :p

It is...but Flack's right hand is still in fine working order. ;) :devil:

Top41 said:
It is...but Flack's right hand is still in fine working order. ;) :devil:

:lol: Very true, very true indeed.

By the way, where did the hand injury spoiler pop up? I must have missed that.

Nobody mentioned the hand injury initially--basically, Danny tries to do something he shouldn't and gets a broken hand for his troubles. Things can always change, but that's the word for now. ;)

Good points about Flack's recovery versus Danny's, Top. ;)

As for anybody getting shot--I don't know anything about one of the main characters or recurring characters getting shot, but like with anything else, the spoilers don't tell the whole story, so you never know. ;)

Txs for those awesome spoilers Orison! And happy birthday!

Sounds like a great season's finale with a lot of suspense.

Has that gas leak in the lab got anything to do with those drug(dealer)s in that warehouse?

And I really hope the 'destiny dashed' thing is not going to happen, but it could very well be that the things happening to Danny are going to change their relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back