More CSI:NY Spoilers: Start Spreading the News!

Status
Not open for further replies.
melanie33 said:
From This weeks Ask Ausiello
TV GUIDE ASK AUSIELLO

Question: I've heard a rumor that someone is getting killed in the CSI: NY finale! Help! Is it true?— Grace

Ausiello: Can't confirm that someone's killed. Can confirm that someone's gonna be in a lot of pain.

Well, we know who that is! :lol: Poor Danno! "Can't confirm"...interesting choice of words from Mr. Ausiello.

Question: Can you please provide any spoilers for CSI: NY, especially related to Danny and Lindsay?— Frank

Ausiello: All you Dindsay-shippers are not gonna want to miss the season finale. You won't be disappointed.

OK, I'm officially in love with Michael Ausiello. "Dindsay"??? That has got to be the perfect name for this dismal pairing! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway...I know I've said it before, and I'll say it again--I honestly don't see Flack having a breakdown over getting injured in the bombing. It's just...not Flack. I think part of the reason Flack is so fascinated by Danny is because Danny is emotionally vulnerable in a way he's just not. That's not to say I'm not disappointed that we didn't see more of his recovery, because I am, but I don't think even if we'd seen the whole thing that we would have seen him have an emotional breakdown or something like that.

As for Mac being a big part of the finale--normally I'd expect it, but it sounds like three or so of the eps leading up to the finale are going to be heavily centered on Mac. It isn't just the Mac show. And Danny certainly has gotten short-changed on all fronts this season, save for the eps with Shane Casey. It's about time the writers threw him a bone.

And what's this with everyone taking in depth discussion to LJs? :( I want to read it here! :p *is greedy for good discussion*

Faylinn said:
The season finale doesn't have to be anything. It can be the CSI:NY circus, with Danny and Flack running around as clowns while Stella walks the high-wire. I was simply going off of what you yourself admitted--"Mac is the main character." He's been the focus of the finales in the past, so it was a reasonable assumption to make that the finale would concentrate on him again. But I'm not a writer, I'm just a fan with an opinion. *shrug*

Exactly and all we are doing here is speculating on the scant information we have as to where these spoilers may go. We could be way off base.

The finale is one episode out of 24--I fail to see how making it about Mac is any more 'boring' than making it about Danny. The fact that Danny hasn't had a big storyline this season is down to the writers dropping the ball.

I agree so far we have spoilers about Danny, Adam and Lindsay. There has been no real mention about what Mac, Stella or Hawkes are up to so they may be the secondary plot line in the ep. Danny may end up with more screen time than the rest. The finales have featured Mac in the past but christ on a bike thats 2 eps, I wouldnt get my knickers in a twist about it. Granted Mac has had some major storylines this season but so has Stella. Last season the first half of the season was very Mac light in my opinion so I am quite pleased to see him get more character development this time round, but I would imagine that that means next season they will focus on someone else. They are only at season 3 they cant do major character development on everyone at once they need to drop it in here and there in between the focus of the shows which is the crime solving. It took them quite a while to drop in all the information we all now know about Grissom, Catherine, Brass and the others. If they gave it all to us in one go then what would entice us to keep watching. Isn't half the intriguing thing about Danny, apart from the obvious, is the fact that he has secrets? You wouldn't want them to give them all away in one go would you? To me if you give the fans what they want then they will soon get bored because it leaves them with no mystery.

From what I understand, they're all evacuated, but Mac realizes that it's a false alarm and maybe they go back in??? I'm not entirely sure, hopefully someone else can clear that up. :)

Sounds plausible and if Mac goes back in Stella is sure as hell not gonna let him go by himself. Sis and Peyton would stay outside they are not cops after all so this sounds about right.

"Dindsay"? :lol: I'm sorry, most ship names are totally ridiculous, but that is worse than most that I've seen. It's like a dust bunny or something.

And it rimes with dingy..sorry but the whole Danny Lindsay thing just irritates me its bu**ered up both characters in my opinion. It sure as hell hasn't done Danny's character any favors and as for Lindsay's character they seem to have dumped any actual development in favour of making her Danny's girlfriend. I would like to have gotten to know her better as a character first.

Hopefully what we will see from what we know is that all the major players will feature and that Flack will ride in and save the day. After all he spent the last finale out cold so he shoud get to be the cavalry this time round.

Ok, I wrote this and then refreshed to see if anybody else had posted, and Fruitbat made excellent points about the Mac situation--articulated better than mine, I think--but I'm going to leave mine in and hopefully y'all's heads won't explode from the stupid. :lol:

And what's this with everyone taking in depth discussion to LJs?
Don't know about everybody else, but mine turned into an essay. :lol: I didn't say much of anything that I haven't said over here, though. *shrug*

Something just doesn't sit right with me about the fact that, from the beginning, Mac has been portrayed as the main character of the show--he wasn't the only character who got storylines or development, but for the first two seasons the finales revolved around him. Dunno about anybody else, but it seems fair enough to me. *shrug* Then again, I'm a big Gary fan. ;)

Anyway, now he gets an arc that leads up to the finale but doesn't apparently include it. I'm not saying that nobody else deserves screentime, I'm just pointing out that there are 24 episodes in a season, all of which offer a chance to give any of the characters some much-needed development and attention. Why didn't Danny get some of that? It seems pretty obvious to me that Danny's big, action-packed role in this episode is an attempt to exploit his man-candy status among the fans (and I have no doubt that it will be successful). The season finale with the show's resident woobie getting hurt and kicking arse? What I'm saying might not make sense to anybody else--I can't quite explain how it just doesn't sit right with me. It's not the Mac show, but why should the finale be the Danny show? Don't get me wrong, I love Danny, but he's not the only character who got the short end of the stick this season...

I'll end with a quote from my LJ essay, just to please the Toppy one. ;)

"It kind of pisses me off that I hate some of the things the writers are doing, but I'm still really excited about the episode. They know how to get us, and they've got me too. It's...frustrating. I want to be pissed that they're using Danny to draw in fangirls at the expense of the show's main character, but I can't help being excited about Danny's scenes in the episode. I want to be pissed about Adam being used to show contrast to super-speshul Danny, but I can't help being excited that he's going to have a bigger part. I want to be pissed that some of the characters probably won't do much of anything, but I can't help being excited about the episode anyway. *scowl*"

Aaaaand, I'm done. :lol:

Wow, excellent discussions!

Mac and Stella's position is not clear yet. There's not much info about what's really going on at the lab which explains why I left that part kind of vague. Most of what's available so far seems to be about Danny, and I'm totally looking forward to see what Carmine's going to do with the chance and the material he's been given.

I do agree that there's a lot of potential for a storyline next season. Hopefully the writers have learned from their 'mistakes' and Danny will still be hurting in season four.

"Dindsay?" Wow...don't really know what to make of that...:confused:

I gotta say, this finale has me on my toes already. Sounds like another action-packed eppy. I'm really intrigued as to how they will handle the hostage situation, seeing as how two of their own are in danger. Looking forward to how Carmine plays out his scenes, since Danny is apparently going to be beaten pretty badly.

On the MAc thing ... I would like to see him involved because he and Danny have such a complex relationship. I would love to see his reaction to Danny (Adam, too, Fay!) being in peril. Plus I just love watching Gary act.

Is it really quite disturbing that I'm excited for seeing Danny all beaten up and that I'm probably going to find him still very sexy!!!

Ooh, finale spoilers are love! And there could be plenty of things to love about this one.

Danny and Adam held hostage in a warehouse? Sounds good to me. Danny being 'the man' and standing up to the bad guys seems like a viable scenario. Whilst maybe Adam is there to make up the numbers, I have a sinking feeling that he will spend the majority of his screen time cowering in the corner like an injured puppy. At the least I would like them to plot a little escape plan together, with Danny the one suffering the brunt of the ensuing violence, Danny may be emotionally vulnerable but Adam looks to me like he would break easily.

Flack offers to trade places! Of course he does, and I will be a very happy fan bunny if he does some great negotiating and kickass detective work, coupled with adequate screen time.

At first I was a bit concerned that Mac wasn't going to be helping out in this incident. I couldn't quite believe that Mac wouldn't be there to save the day (and I hold on to my belief that he will be there at the end until someone tells me otherwise). I guess the spoilers seem to be focusing on the hostage scenario and leaving the lab side of it more up in the air, but I guess if it is a 'same time' situation played out with equal screen time for both cases/parts of the same case, then I will be happy. I agree with Fay, Mac should be up there front and centre. I think despite the spoilers, the final episode will end up with that being the case.

Lindsay? Waking up in Danny's apartment? OK. But other than that her place seems to be limited to (I imagine) her flapping about with a 'Oh no Danny, please be OK' air to her, I can but hope that Flack will be on hand to shake her or at least tell her to get a grip!

And is it bad for me to prefer a bloodied and beaten Danny in severe shock than a final scene involving the two of them in a tight embrace sobbing uncontrollably. I hope and would prefer the first scenario, to be at least briefly carried on into the next season, whereupon Danny will realise that life is too short to waste on girls with whom he has no real future, desire or chemistry.

Faylinn said:
Something just doesn't sit right with me about the fact that, from the beginning, Mac has been portrayed as the main character of the show--he wasn't the only character who got storylines or development, but for the first two seasons the finales revolved around him. Dunno about anybody else, but it seems fair enough to me. *shrug* Then again, I'm a big Gary fan. ;)

No, I can see that. I guess I'm not a huge Mac fan, though I like Gary. I guess I'm in the camp that finds Mac just a bit dull. :eek: Now, I think he's been much more interesting this season with both Peyton and Reed around, but I'm happy to see the finale revolve around someone else.

Like audrina, I'm also curious to see how Mac will react to Danny being in danger. Danny is someone he clearly cares about a lot, and maybe even thinks of as something of a protege. And we all know how Danny looks up to Mac. So there could be some great material in there that we're not seeing yet for Mac to deal with someone he cares about greatly being in pretty serious peril.

Anyway, now he gets an arc that leads up to the finale but doesn't apparently include it. I'm not saying that nobody else deserves screentime, I'm just pointing out that there are 24 episodes in a season, all of which offer a chance to give any of the characters some much-needed development and attention. Why didn't Danny get some of that? It seems pretty obvious to me that Danny's big, action-packed role in this episode is an attempt to exploit his man-candy status among the fans (and I have no doubt that it will be successful). The season finale with the show's resident woobie getting hurt and kicking arse? What I'm saying might not make sense to anybody else--I can't quite explain how it just doesn't sit right with me. It's not the Mac show, but why should the finale be the Danny show? Don't get me wrong, I love Danny, but he's not the only character who got the short end of the stick this season...

I'll end with a quote from my LJ essay, just to please the Toppy one. ;)

"It kind of pisses me off that I hate some of the things the writers are doing, but I'm still really excited about the episode. They know how to get us, and they've got me too. It's...frustrating. I want to be pissed that they're using Danny to draw in fangirls at the expense of the show's main character, but I can't help being excited about Danny's scenes in the episode. I want to be pissed about Adam being used to show contrast to super-speshul Danny, but I can't help being excited that he's going to have a bigger part. I want to be pissed that some of the characters probably won't do much of anything, but I can't help being excited about the episode anyway. *scowl*"

Aaaaand, I'm done. :lol:

Oh, they are definitely pandering to the fangirls with this one! :lol: It's a classic--the hot, sexy guy in danger. Because their audience is largely female, it's a guy and not a girl, but it's a trick that's been used since the movies first featured baddies twirling their mustaches tying girls to train tracks. Danger is kind of sexy--it gets the adrenaline pumping.

So is it pandering? Maybe a little. I'll take it any day over the pandering that the Dindsay ( :lol: Oh, Ausiello, I love you!) pairing is. At least it's pandering that will allow the audience to see another side of the character--how Danny acts under extreme duress. We've seen him in stressful situations, but nothing quite like this. It should be interesting and will give Carmine something to chew on, too.

Elsie said:
Danny and Adam held hostage in a warehouse? Sounds good to me. Danny being 'the man' and standing up to the bad guys seems like a viable scenario. Whilst maybe Adam is there to make up the numbers, I have a sinking feeling that he will spend the majority of his screen time cowering in the corner like an injured puppy. At the least I would like them to plot a little escape plan together, with Danny the one suffering the brunt of the ensuing violence, Danny may be emotionally vulnerable but Adam looks to me like he would break easily.

Well, we don't know everything, but I have a feeling Adam will rise to the occasion in his own way. He's not quite tough in the same way Danny is, but I think he's clever and he and Danny putting their heads together and thinking would make sense.

Flack offers to trade places! Of course he does, and I will be a very happy fan bunny if he does some great negotiating and kickass detective work, coupled with adequate screen time.

It looks like he really is going to have a big part in the episode! And Hero Flack makes me all gushy. Flack really is the classic tough guy, super hero type. Though I think the fact that someone he cares deeply about is in danger will really raise the stakes for him.

Lindsay? Waking up in Danny's apartment? OK. But other than that her place seems to be limited to (I imagine) her flapping about with a 'Oh no Danny, please be OK' air to her, I can but hope that Flack will be on hand to shake her or at least tell her to get a grip!

The character really does seem to have been reduced to a love interest, and I do actually feel bad for her fans (the ones who aren't just interested in her because of her romance with Danny). There was potential for there to be more to the character, but there really isn't anymore. Even her big storyline was ultimately just painted as an obstacle to her and Danny getting together, and when it was finished it was portrayed more like a removal of said obstacle rather than a major breakthrough for the character.

And is it bad for me to prefer a bloodied and beaten Danny in severe shock than a final scene involving the two of them in a tight embrace sobbing uncontrollably. I hope and would prefer the first scenario, to be at least briefly carried on into the next season, whereupon Danny will realise that life is too short to waste on girls with whom he has no real future, desire or chemistry.

I love it! :D It would be great if he had that realization. Certainly Lindsay has brought him nothing but unhappiness--first standing him up, then sending him in to do an unpleasant job and now he gets taken hostage because he does something nice for her. Pay attention to the big neon sign, Danny! This woman is no good for you.

I was just talking to Top when something hit me. (No, it wasn't her).

Danny already lost one career to a broken wrist. Source: Ep 1.22 The Closer. Now he's potentially at risk for losing another. There are reasons to learn to use both hands for certain things.

I wonder if the injuries to his hand will affect him next season. It could make for an interesting storyline!

I would love to see his reaction to Danny (Adam, too, Fay!) being in peril.
*waves the Adam flag* :lol:

Whilst maybe Adam is there to make up the numbers, I have a sinking feeling that he will spend the majority of his screen time cowering in the corner like an injured puppy.
I really hope not, but then...I dunno, it's more realistic for a guy to be scared s**tless in this situation, especially a guy who is a scientist and is used to being in an organized, controlled environment. Chaos and danger and pain aren't easy to deal with, so it's reasonable that he would be scared, and pretty unreasonable if he suddenly turned into Super!Geek. *shrug* But just because it's realistic doesn't mean I have to like it. :lol:

However, because Adam is so scared, and doesn't show the same reckless behavior as Danny, it will make his scenes of bravery bigger by contrast. ;) (If that makes sense.) A guy who is too scared to move suddenly doing something big could be more powerful IMO.

And AJ is the bomb shizzle and it makes me tingle to think of how great he and Carmine will be in those hostage scenes together. :D :D :D

Danny may be emotionally vulnerable but Adam looks to me like he would break easily.
Very much so. I think they've both suffered in their own ways in the past, and are vulnerable in different ways as well. Adam seems much more the type to freeze up in physically abusive situations, considering the reveal about his father being a bully--Danny, meanwhile, is more vulnerable in the psychological department. (Again, if that made any sense. :lol:)

And is it bad for me to prefer a bloodied and beaten Danny in severe shock than a final scene involving the two of them in a tight embrace sobbing uncontrollably.
No. I think ending such a powerful episode for Danny with him suddenly turning into a blubbering wreck would taint it and leave me with a bad taste in my mouth. Yes, feel relief that it's over and you can relax, but let's stop short of tear-filled confessions of love as his stretcher is wheeled to the ambulance, kay? :rolleyes:

So there could be some great material in there that we're not seeing yet for Mac to deal with someone he cares about greatly being in pretty serious peril.
I'm really hoping so. :)

At least it's pandering that will allow the audience to see another side of the character--how Danny acts under extreme duress.
True, true. :p

There was potential for there to be more to the character, but there really isn't anymore.
I was thinking the same thing recently. They brought in the character and had endless possibilities for who she could be and what she could do...and this is what they went with? :confused:

I wonder if the injuries to his hand will affect him next season.
They are definitely leaving themselves a lot of possibilities with just that one detail from the finale--hopefully they'll remember it when they're writing the beginning of season 4. :p

So the CSI:NY/Cold Case crossover is confirmed. Episode #22, "Cold Reveal" lists Scotty Valens as a guest-star in a couple of websites like tv.com. I also read a small blurb from an article on a CC forum that says fans will be shocked when Stella's true identity is revealed... :rolleyes:

Also, this is what The Futon Critic says about episode #21.

CSI: NY
Air Date: Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Time Slot: 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on CBS
Episode Title: (#321) "Past Imperfect"

MAC'S ARREST OF A POLICE OFFICER ALLOWS AN ALLEGED SERIAL KILLER TO BE SET FREE, MAKING HIM QUESTION HIS ACTIONS AND FORCING HIM TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT, ON "CSI: NY," WEDNESDAY, APRIL 25

Joey Lawrence ("Dancing With The Stars") Guest Stars As Alleged Serial Killer Clay Dobson

Scenes From This Episode Were Shot On Location On Coney Island's World Famous Boardwalk

"Past Imperfect" -- A serial killer, whose conviction rested on his confession to a cop, has his verdict overturned when Mac jails his arresting officer, but when a victim surfaces sporting the killer's signature, Mac ignores direct orders and decides to go after him, on CSI: NY, Wednesday, April 25 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

RECURRING CAST:

Insp. Stanton Gerrard: Carmen Argenziano
Dr. Sid Hammerback: Robert Joy
Adam Ross: A.J. Buckley

What I find intriguing is that there's still no title or significant info about episode #23. I wonder what they have in mind... ;)

^^thanks Orison!

Hmmm....I wonder what they have in mind, too.
"Past Imperfect" seems like it will be a really stellar episode. I can't wait to see it.

Thanks Orison for the spoilers!

I'm looking forward to this eppy to get more informatin about Stella's past. I think "Past Imperfect" will be a fantastic eppy especially for the Stella Fans. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back