Marg/Catherine: The Sexier, the Better! #3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, guys...
Cocaine or not, you're right, Catherine isn't perfect, she's just a human like we are.
We love her they way she is, or why else people would come to this topic? :) Yeah, she's had many bad decisions, and she didn't deserve what she got from her boyfriends.
Some people think she had drug problems, some don't. It's normal, but it's pointless to brawl.
Personally, I don't know what to think. I haven't heard it before, and I can't really take a stand on it.
But it's her past, now she's a very good mother - Lindsey wouldn't wish a better one- and a great person.

Zsazsa, have you checked out that scene with Hungarian voice?

EricaSJ said:

Interesting. Because what drew me to Catherine was the fact that she isn't flawless. She's no saint. She used to be a stripper. She (might) have had drug problems. She made wrong choices (Eddie and Chris for example). She made mistakes (using the lab to test her own blood). She came from a complicated family. She also overcame her problems and worked her way to what she is now. To me, it's the imperfection of Catherine that makes her real and had me fall in love with this character. :)

Exactly, Lady E! That's why I love her. She's not perfect and doesn't claim to be. Its her imperfections that make her so interesting. She's no saint, but she's working hard to overcome her imperfections.

AngelEyez said:
And I find it oh so stranger, that instead of telling him off when he brought up the 'close up' issue, she suddenly became so irritated, that she wanted to slap him. TO ME it says quite a lot... as if he hit a very sore spot.
Looked to me she was so outraged by the pure evil of the remark that she was speechless. She had already told him off and he came back with that.
Because that smart and thoughtful woman MARRIED a drug addict. She knew it all along that Eddie was one.
There was no mention of Eddie being a druggie until after the separation. They had a rocky marriage, sure, but until Cath booted him he was clean. Without her, he fell fast.
With saying that she just teases the guys, you take away Catherine's credibility.
How? Simply innocent flirting is all I'm talking about. Or maybe that a lost and forgotten art for so many.
if it weren't for the hints in the show
They are hints only if you insist on making them so.
And by the way, even Warrick had an addiction.
This is well known and I have never questioned it. I would like to know why Warrick's problem was so clearly presented and yet this supposed addiction of Catherine's has never been even discussed.
coolcatz said:cath still had the problem when she started working at the crime lab according to the bio. and so far nothing has changed in that part of her story (although she was born in two different places but that's well, that's just laziness on the part of the new writers).
Only the names in that bio are correct. The rest is pure crap. As I said earlier about its origin, it looks like TPTB asked the marketing department to come up with something for this new-fangled web page thing. The flacks took a look at Marg's previous work, saw that she had won an Emmy for being a junkie hooker on China Beach, had a flash of creativity and made her a cokehead stripper. Typical TV copying of prior success. This idea fortunately died on the vine along with the ranch in Montana.

Just trying to keep it rational.
margburger

I'm not commenting on this topic anymore because Destiny asked us not too. Maybe the rest of should follow this advice and drop the subject.

we should but i like discussing cath and all her flaws. of course we could go back to discussing marg. might be a more balanced topic anyway. so...fav marg interview?

Mmm, I loved the Marg interview where they showed pictures of the inside of her home. Its so pretty and relaxing there. She did a great job of redecorating.

Bev said:
I'm not commenting on this topic anymore because Destiny asked us not too. Maybe the rest of should follow this advice and drop the subject.
Agreed. That's why I kept my mouth shut. :D

Anyway, rational or not, depends on your definiton of rational.

Favorite Marg interview? There are so many! But for the more recent ones, I'd say the one she had with Ellen. THAT, was pure joy. Hehe.

My favourite is the Tony Danza one, and I love the Regis and Kelly one, too, when they're in the autopsy and Marg opens a little door and tries to take out a plastic head and finally she causes mess and starts laughing :D That one is just funny :lol:

Yeah well... I'm joining you guys and will not get back to the pointless discussion. Obviously some people can't put up with others having other takes on the same scenes and infos.

Fave Marg interview? Boy... that's impossible to pick. Gotta say her latest Ellen one killed me.

AngelEyez said:
Yeah well... I'm joining you guys and will not get back to the pointless discussion. Obviously some people can't put up with others having other takes on the same scenes and infos.

Thank you, AngelEyez. This is all I've been trying to get across in all this. My alternate opinions were attacked endlessly by the hardcore clique that insisted on their point of view when I proposed them.
margburger

margburger said:
AngelEyez said:

Thank you, AngelEyez. This is all I've been trying to get across in all this. My alternate opinions were attacked endlessly by the hardcore clique that insisted on their point of view when I proposed them.
margburger

Will you PLEASE let it go.

the best thing about marg interviews are when she gets giggly. it's too funny.

margberger, we all have different opinions and obviously we aren't agreeing. but personally, i like to stay faithful to the way the character has been portrayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back