Marg/Catherine: The Sexier, the Better! #3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I find it more than possible, mostly knowing where she came from.

Can't remember the dub on Last Laugh and Organ Grinder. I do seem to recall that Eddie's line was off in translation, though.

People can and do change after cleaning up. From the things that have been said on the show, all which Lady E mentioned, to the way she is now, makes me think she had a problem at one time.

Just because you were once addicted doesn't mean you always are.

Btw, I'm back too...for a day or so

coolcatz said:
eddie mentions it...paid to close up your nose
cath mentions it...last laugh (nick and gil) and she mentions it a couple of other times around gil.

What exactly does "close up your nose" mean. I've searched all over to see if it is a drug reference, but it shows up nowhere. I know now that to "open up" some one's nose is a barnyard reference to sexual excitement - a bull smelling a cow ready for sex will spread his nostrils wide, but absolutely nothing on "close up". I think that saying it is proof of cocaine addiction is baseless. Besides, Eddie lies about everything.
Cath has been in the cop business for at least 15 years, more like twenty now, and she has seen it all I'm sure. If she makes a few sly remarks that proves nothing either. All those years at crime scenes and before that at strip clubs, where there must have been coke around. But remember, she had a detective as a mentor then. Druggies don't hang with cops.
margburer

Except, that cop wasn't exactly the 'good cop' either.

But the point is, subtle hints were given. It's up to everyone what they make of it, I guess. Besides it just gives Catherine depth. She has many flaws now and many flaws that she left behind.

AngelEyez said:
Except, that cop wasn't exactly the 'good cop' either.
Maybe, but would he be encouraging her to go to work for the police if she was a druggie? That would draw too much attention to him which he wouldn't want if he was a "bad" cop.
The point is that we should have learned enough watching CSI to look at the evidence. There is nothing that supports the druggie conclusion unless the facts are twisted to fit it.
margburger

Well I guess what exactly "close up your nose" means just depends on how you think about it. However it's clearly stated in the official bio that Catherine used to be a coke addict. Although the bio is actually outdated and needs an update, it proved TPTB did have the idea. And I agree with Zsa. Catherine is a human, she's not perfect. She can't be flawless because it's the flaws that make this character real. To have a past like that and comparing with what she is now just gives her depth and makes people want to know more background stories about her.

Anyway, while it is possible that she didn't have a coke addiction (again, depends on how you take the hints), I don't see a point of denying the possibility that she did.

"Close Up Your Nose"...

When cocaine addicts sniff a lot of cocaine it can eventually damage the piece of cartilage seperating the nasal cavaties. It burns a hole into it.

It frequently requires surgery to "close up this hole". Hence its called Closing up your nose. Thus, Catherine had a cocaine habit and had to have her nose closed up.

Don't ask how I know, its better you nevah you mind.

With Eddie having said this, I don't see how anyone can deny the evidence that Cath at one time had a problem.

oh that was so a cath answer girl! and i agree, i do not see how it could be denied. and if any of the original character description is to be believed she still had the problem when she became a csi because the original description says that eddie left her and lindsey with an empty bank account and coke habit. and if you don't think it's possible for someone in law enforcement to have a habit then it is only because you haven't been exposed to enough law enforcement. they are no different than you or me, addiction is just as common there as anywhere else.

EricaSJ said:
WHowever it's clearly stated in the official bio that Catherine used to be a coke addict. Although the bio is actually outdated and needs an update, it proved TPTB did have the idea.

This seems to be the root of the problem - this stupid bio. If most of it is clearly wrong, how can you select just one part and claim it's true? We know that even parts of the sentence that this comes from are untrue.
What I think happened was TPTB asked their marketing department to come up with some stuff to put on the website long before there were any scripts. These guys knew that Marg had an Emmy for playing a junkie hooker on China Beach so they decided to be creative and make her a cokehead stripper. This idea died on the vine.
Time to let it go, kids. There is no proof, but you guys are like the GSR gang and hang great meaning on Cath's little teases. Do you believe what she said to Greg when he asked her about her dancing costume and she said she wore nothing? She was teasing him - how could a stripper have no costume?
The coke lines are like this too - she want to show that she was one of the cool girls.
As for Eddie, he couldn't afford bandaids. Someone said earlier that he had put the bill on Cath's credit card. Oh please. How much do these operations cost? And don't you have to have been a heavy user for a long time?
And cops - my father, my grandfather and my father-in-law were all on various police forces. Hard drug habits cannot be hidden for long. Even alcoholism is no longer tolerated.
margburger

uh, the ep ch-ch changes cath again mentions her work as a strip and that you can't fool the full monty (ie completely nude), she gets mad at gil for not giving her a case when she thinks it is because she used to strip...hello! how much clearer can it be?

LMAO. I never selected just one part and claimed it true. I said things have changed a lot since they had that bio, but it did show that TPTB had the idea. And why do we ever need proof? I said it all depends on how you take the hints. I don't give a damn whether you agree with me or not, but since someone asked, I gave my opinion. I admit there's a possibility that Cath didn't have a coke habbit, but I'd like to believe she did. What's your problem with that? Can't we just agree to disagree?

And you're right, kid. Time to let it go. Stop trying to change what other people think. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and there's no point of arguing the same thing over and over, like it used to be on another Marg forum.

As for what "close up your nose" means, Bev already gave a clear explanation. It does have a referrence to durg usage. Of course you can say Eddie was lying. But I prefer to believe him and think about how much Catherine has grown from her old days until now. :)

coolcatz said:
uh, the ep ch-ch changes cath again mentions her work as a strip and that you can't fool the full monty (ie completely nude), she gets mad at gil for not giving her a case when she thinks it is because she used to strip...hello! how much clearer can it be?

I never said that she wasn't a stripper - I just meant that she was teasing Greg when she said she didn't wear a costume.

I don't give a damn whether you agree with me or not, but since you asked, I gave my opinion. I admit there's a possibility that Cath didn't have a coke habbit, but I'd like to believe she did. What's your problem with that? Can't we just agree to disagree?
Not as long as you are posting that it is a fact that Cath had a cocaine problem as several of you have.
I know I will never change your minds, and I'm not posting for you and the committed to cokehead clique. There are many other readers here who are curious about this issue and they should know that your theories are built on sand.
margburger

margburger said:

Can't we just agree to disagree?
Not as long as you are posting that it is a fact that Cath had a cocaine problem as several of you have.
I know I will never change your minds, and I'm not posting for you and the committed to cokehead clique. There are many other readers here who are curious about this issue and they should know that your theories are built on sand.
margburger
Hey relax. Did I ever say it is a fact that Cath had a cocaine problem? Nope. All I said was I think she did.

And that last comment was out of the line. If you can't agree to disagree, maybe you shouldn't even discuss at all. If you wanna play, at least play it nice.

margburger said:

margburger

Well, if you want to play that way. I tried to point out what Eddies statement meant. You obviously don't think I know anything at all and that my ideas are made out of sand.

Obviously, I could say yours are made out of naive, wishful thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back