Marg/Catherine: The Sexier, the Better! #3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
coolcatz said:
eta: hey guys, this weeks rerun of ww was #2 in rankings, behind the compitition ep of american idol. go marg!!

Oh, that just makes me smile. :D

And I'm still having serious problems looking at Zsa's avi... God. :devil:

Whoa! CSI is always no. 2 after American Idol, but repeat episodes usually do not reach no. 2 in the rankings. CSI slips from that spot if they air repeats.. but this time its different.. Go Marg! :D

Hottie_Cath said:
Whoa! CSI is always no. 2 after American Idol, but repeat episodes usually do not reach no. 2 in the rankings. CSI slips from that spot if they air repeats.. but this time its different.. Go Marg! :D
Gotta squee for that. It is rare for reruns to get such high ratings. I think Marg, Billy, and of course Alan all did a wonderful job in Weeping Willows and made it such a good episode that people are willing to re-watch it. Coolc is right. The case in this episode was weak, but it's got great character studies in it. :)

If usually reruns don't get that high ratings, and this one did, with almost only character stuff in it, wouldn't it be better if the show got more character stuff in general?

Cause I saw a clip once, in which Jorja said that the people who watch the show have different opinions. She said 50% of the people who watch wants more character stuff, and 50% wants more science, and case-related things.

But, if this character-episode got higher ratings than all the other reruns, it'd be logical that they add more personal stuff to it.. wouldn't it? It's apparently what the people want. :rolleyes:

Lizzy_004 said:
Cause I saw a clip once, in which Jorja said that the people who watch the show have different opinions. She said 50% of the people who watch wants more character stuff, and 50% wants more science, and case-related things.
I guess it's very good the way it is and doesn't need any changes, because it's succesful this way.
50% want more personal stuff, but what about the other 50%? I suppose they wouldn't stop watching the show if there was more personal stuff, but maybe they wouldn't regard it that good.
The show has been changed a lot since the beginning, I still say it should stay being what it really is. The personal things and the sciences are in balance.

Lizzy_004 said:
If usually reruns don't get that high ratings, and this one did, with almost only character stuff in it, wouldn't it be better if the show got more character stuff in general?

But, if this character-episode got higher ratings than all the other reruns, it'd be logical that they add more personal stuff to it.. wouldn't it? It's apparently what the people want. :rolleyes:

actually, this rerun got higher ratings than new eps have gotten this year. and while i agree with wwb that we don't want all eps to be character driven i do think that this shows what happens when a character driven ep is done right. the case was definately weak in this one, but the case in this ep was really nothing more than a catalyst for the character story going on.

The viewers are hungry for character storylines because we only got a few of them on CSI. Just look at CSI NY, they're focusing on character stuff right now and their ratings soared. But sometimes a character centric episode flops. I think its a combination of everything, a good case, character storyline plus great acting.

coolcatz said:
actually, this rerun got higher ratings than new eps have gotten this year. and while i agree with wwb that we don't want all eps to be character driven i do think that this shows what happens when a character driven ep is done right. the case was definately weak in this one, but the case in this ep was really nothing more than a catalyst for the character story going on.
I think this sort of proved another thing: the recent episodes in Season 6 have been so weak that even a rerun got higher ratings. I really hope the situation gets improved with the last four episodes

agreed. the quality so far this season has been mostly lackluster. but if an ep from last year had to beat new eps i'm glad it was ww.

Have you guys checked CBS.com lately? They have a section featured on the sites for each CSI show. It's the producer picks. They picked two episodes and 'great performances'. They featured Billy and Marg from CSI. Hers is the 'fantasy' scene with Warrick from Bodies In Motion. :)

AngelEyez said:
Have you guys checked CSB.com lately? They have a section featured on the sites for each CSI show. It's the producer picks. They picked two episodes and 'great performances'. They featured Billy and Marg from CSI. Hers is the 'fantasy' scene with Warrick from Bodies In Motion. :)
Oh I loved that scene. She did a great job. It was a heartbreaking moment, but she managed to did it in a non-soapy way that you could see Cath's grief through her smile and wanted to hug her. It was bravo. :)

EricaSJ said:
AngelEyez said:
Have you guys checked CSB.com lately? They have a section featured on the sites for each CSI show. It's the producer picks. They picked two episodes and 'great performances'. They featured Billy and Marg from CSI. Hers is the 'fantasy' scene with Warrick from Bodies In Motion. :)
Oh I loved that scene. She did a great job. It was a heartbreaking moment, but she managed to did it in a non-soapy way that you could see Cath's grief through her smile and wanted to hug her. It was bravo. :)
Oh yes! I love that scene too, I saw great performance by Marg there, it was subtle, she didn't breakdown and cry but you can see lots of emotions going on just by looking at her eyes. She was crushed, surprised, shocked, and was at the same time trying to be happy for Warrick. ;) That was a great scene indeed.

Agreed. Everyone knows I love Warrick but gawd did he piss me off. First 'Oh, u caught me. Uh, yeah got married yesterday' and Cath's expression matched mine. Then later he keeps trying to get her to talk. -Hell I dont want to hear about some woman you're with now either Warrick. (I absolutely LOVED Cath blowing him off -great facial expressions on both Gary and Marg) Then that friggin confession... I fell in love with Cath all over again. Sure the writers wrote it but Marg made it come alive... I wanted to deck Warrick. :rolleyes: :lol:

You know, Ru, you really need to come to our thread more often. You only appear when we're talking about something related to Gary, or Warrick. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back