Mac/Lindsay--All Dressed Up and Ready to Dance

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Top41, Jan 26, 2006.

1. LiquidCrystal

LiquidCrystal CSI Level Two

I'm not enough of a conspiracy theorist to swallow that they were on a date together...yet. Though, I know people who have actually started their engagement as such, so I won't file that an shelf and forget about it. I do see some real interest on her part though especially since Jamalot and Trapped. I'm curious to see what comes out of the next episode, especially the scene with the bow.

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

JDonne, I agree that they make an interesting combo in their reserve--both are so even-keeled that it's interesting to contemplate them swept away by passion.

Amen, I'm so tired of the 'will they or won't they' stuff that gets dragged out for years. How many real life couples are like that? Very few. Most people, if they're really, genuinely attracted to someone find a way to move on it.

3. JDonne

JDonne CSI Level One

Yes! At some point life moves beyond moments of angst, hopefully by the time college graduation happens people are over that particular syndrome. Mac and Lindsay are beyond the grade school antics of flirting through smartass comments and comebacks. That behavior is amusing when done well (Til Death Do We Part), fun, and creates wild viewer theories, but ultimatly it is false innuendo, and really is juvenile and the mark of the immature, the mark of someone not ready to relenquish their single lifestyle.

The formation of Mac and Lindsay's relationship happened off screen and a small trickle of hints and then one big hint were all the plot disruption needed to create something solid. Their relationship/love is in the developmental stages and the small glances and hand brushing are as much as the viewer needs to know and realize the truth. Loud and obvious can be tacky and on a crime drama normally proves to be red herrings, that's why this is such a refreshing change.

In the NY Thread there is discussion of Lindsay's bloody secret, something I'd honestly forgotten, but it places a new light on Mac ordering Lindsay back to the lab in 'Manhattan Manhunt'. Mac is no doubt privy to this secret in his role as supervisor and out of concern wanted to spare Lindsay a scene that may have unearthed painful memories. That is the consideration of a friend and lover.

Ali

4. clhawk

clhawk Rookie

*Hands covering eyes, if I can't see it, then it can't be true*

No, NO, NO!!

To be honest, it would also explain her reaction to Mac sending her back to the lab.

5. JDonne

JDonne CSI Level One

Yes, yes it is true. Put your hands down and come embrace the Mac and Lindsay love. :lol:

See, you already made an excellent point and contribution to the discussion. :D

I haven't watched 'Manhattan Manhunt' since it first aired, but I bet Mac and Lindsay's body language is interesting.

Ali

6. BittenByTheWolfe

BittenByTheWolfe CSI Level Three

Your mention of Jamalot reminded me of the exchange between Mac and Lindsay about getting into the goo pit. He said someone had to go look for something and she basically told him to have fun. To my way of thinking there are only two reasons a person can get away with that kind of comment. One, the person is the team "jokester", the kind of person with a happy-go-lucky attitude and always says the first witty thing that's on his/her mind. Two, she merely felt comfortable enough with him on a personal level to make such a jab. Considering that I don't find Lindsay to be much of the jokester type, this moment, to me, could be indicative of a certain level of intimacy, even if it is just as friends.

Blah, you guys are sucking me in! :lol:

7. LiquidCrystal

Bitten, I'll keep you company on the fence for a while. See what comes out of Wednesday.

8. JDonne

JDonne CSI Level One

Their interaction in Jamalot had slipped my mind, Bitten you make an excellent point, especially given what we know of Lindsay's character. Her comfort level with Mac seemed instantaneous, from the beginning (Zoo York) they were walking with the close proximity of old friends it is no wonder their relationship is on a fast track.

Are you in yet? :D

Ali

9. Top41

Wasn't the goo pit in "Trapped"?

Either way, I agree that Mac and Lindsay clicked instantaneously, and formed an immediate bond. They really seem to respect each other. While he isn't hard on her in the same way he was on Hawkes, Mac does challenge Lindsay, and she goes above and beyond every time.

Plus, remember their interaction in "Corporate Warriors" when she anticipated his question and said something about how of course he was coming to check on the case because he didn't know her well enough for small talk? That was total flirting. Basically an invite, "Why don't you get to know me better?" :D

10. LiquidCrystal

In Jamalot, she was picking on Mac about the roller derby girl. She also gave him an odd look when she handed him the uniforms.

11. JDonne

JDonne CSI Level One

We always like to put a smile on the face of the people we love . The respect stems from their similar work ethic and general character, they are restrained people, but seem easier together than they are apart. Lindsay's body language is more relaxed around Mac, I think that's when her guard is down.

Adult flirting at that. None of the 3rd grade hair pulling or brother-sister insult fest we sometimes see.

Ali

12. Top41

I'm partial to adult flirting myself. There's nothing that irritates me more than seeing adults bicker back and forth when we're supposed to come to the conclusion that they're attracted to each other. It works for teens and Shakespeare--all others should avoid it. It is a tired cliche.

13. JDonne

JDonne CSI Level One

Indeed, drama is best delivered by Shakespeare, no one has managed to do it better it the hundreds of years that have passed since Will walked off this mortal coil.

A mature relationship is not about stagnation or boredom. It is about two people at the same point in their lives appreciating one another, loving one another, growing with one another without having to grow-up. There is a beauty in a relationship free of unnecessary childish behavior. Being evenly yoked heightens a relationship it doesn’t kill the excitement or the passion, a view that it does is the view of a child new to lasting love. That is what is so fascinating about Mac and Lindsay they can spend a lifetime celebrating their commonalities and sharing their differences. Their attraction is no surprise and their outlook is bright.

Ali

14. BittenByTheWolfe

BittenByTheWolfe CSI Level Three

Eh, you know I suck at remembering episode names! Besides, you know what I meant! :lol:

I'm getting close. I still need to see some more episodes before completely joining the bandwagon. :lol: I'm certainly not opposed to this pairing, of course. Like I said, the thought had crossed my mind and I would enjoy shipping them. A healthy ship, it's almost unheard of!

15. Adams_girl

Adams_girl Captain

What is this Healthy ship you speak of?