Mac/Lindsay--All Dressed Up and Ready to Dance

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Top41, Jan 26, 2006.

1. JDonne

JDonne CSI Level One

There was certainly nothing subtle about showing up moments apart, both in formal wear, nothing could be more deliberate. ;)

Zuiker tends to never waste a moment or opportunity in his writing, not to mention he is the show runner. I have to think he knew what it would look like to viewers and what it looked like was Mac and Lindsay are secret lovers. :D

The caps are beautiful, they were holding hands under the table! I think I even detect a little brush of Mac's hand with Lindsay's pinky.

Ali

2. Guest

Guest Guest

All together now: Awwwwwww! Pinky brush - that's so cute! :D

3. Daisy

Daisy Pathologist

Haha, the moment I saw Lindsay walking in that dress, I knew this thread was ready to be opened! :lol: I'm more of a D/L shipper, but Mac and Linsday have 'something' too. The way Mac looks to Lindsay all the time... from the first episode she appeard on ... I don't know, there's something :)

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Oooh, thanks for the pics everybody! Look at that chemistry. :D They are kind of like GSR, but like someone mentioned, sans the angst. GSR work great in their own right, but I think Mac and Lindsay are the answer to what each is seeking--they fit together in a fundamental way.

Initially I thought the writers were going the D/L route, too, but Danny seems to have a long line of girlfriends/dates, and I do recall him suggesting to Aiden that he doesn't date people he works with.

I could see Mac having the same policy--and throwing it to the wind for Lindsay. Wouldn't that make an interesting storyline? :D

5. JDonne

JDonne CSI Level One

I also thought the writers were attempting to go the D/L route,but it never really hit the right note, it felt sort of forced. I think M/L has been a steady build, always natural, and looking back their body language really does tell the tale. Their body language is adult and lacks the akward feel of a 5th grade crush.

I can see the GSR comparison, but I agree with Top it lacks the angst factor. I think Mac and Lindsay see something in one another that is worth exploring.

I think the writers have toyed with the idea of Danny and almost every woman in the cast. There were early signs of a closeness with Stella, that remain when they work together, but the Aiden and Maka attempts were at the forefront, so the fleeting Lindsay thought comes as no surprise. I think Danny knows what type of guy he is and that is why he has a no co-workers policy, Danny is drama all by himself, can you imagine how the lab would suffer if he brought a co-worker into his world.

Mac is a different story, he's older, he's focused, he doesn't make decisons on a whim, he's careful. I have no doubt he was surprised by the way Lindsay moved him, the changes she brought into his life. Mac can offer Lindsay a view of New York that is cultivated and mature. Lindsay doesn't strike me as the type to seek a man still looking for himself. That's why M/L makes so much sense to me and from the looks and body language they share it makes sense to the writers as well.

The storyline would intrigue me, especially seeing charcaters who seem as stolid as Mac and Lindsay departing from the norm and going with their emotions.

Ali

6. AlexxWoods

AlexxWoods CSI Level Three

you know...
    I've always been kinda the jfk person....
    so yeah...
    I think they went out together in risk....

7. Guest

Guest Guest

8. Kiane

Kiane Lab Technician

Well then subtle shouldn't have been right the word. lol.
    With all this talk about D/L being deliberate, the writers seem inclined on developing something there with Mac and Lindsay. You can see it in their gestures and how they approach each other.

9. JDonne

JDonne CSI Level One

I love JFK! The Oliver Stone movie and the notions behind his assassination.

The timeline in Risk was brought up in the grading thread, and I'm thinking the scence must have taken place pretty late a night, the subway was empty and Danny had just finished an 18 hour shift. I've been to the opera, most of the shows don't run into the wee hours of the morning and I've been to political fundraisers and the same holds true. Were the writers clumsy with the timeline or was the error intentional to give us an even bigger hint about their relationship? I mean it takes a pretty blind eye to believe Mac and Lindsay both showing up dressed up was a simple coincidence, but the notion of them as secret lovers is given even more weight when you factor in the time of night/morning.

Ali

10. mestiza

mestiza Pathologist

So far I was more a Danny/Lindsay shipper but now after Risk there could be something going on between Lindsay and Mac. And as already mentioned it would be or it is a matured relationship. I think that's why I like the thought about them together.

And I loved the scene where Mac and Lindsay were standing so close together in the lab while Adam (is that right?) explained something. It just looked so... good.

I also like the suggestion (whoever made it) about them being out in the opera or anywhere else. I could so imagine Mac being the type of guy who goes out with a woman to the opera.

Now I really have to admit that Risk is the first episode I thought that Mac is kinda hot though I'm not a big fan of him. Must be the tux or something... :lol:

11. Fabian

Fabian Pathologist

They look nice together and interact so well!
    Only thing is that it totally reminds me of GSR.
    Probably because Lindsay/Anna reminds me so much of Sara/Jorja. And then he's her supervisor... But since I love GSR I might go with Mac/Lindsay.

12. BittenByTheWolfe

BittenByTheWolfe CSI Level Three

Hmm. That's all I have to say at this point. I can't say I haven't thought about this pairing, but I feel like my NY watching has been spotty, at best, so far this season because of my work schedule so I feel I've missed some things. Looking over ya'lls points, though, has certainly gotten the wheels in my head turning. This pairing could prove to be interesting for all the reasons you guys have mentioned and especially for the fact that they both seem to be serious people. I agree that it seems a little GSR-ish but...healthier, if that makes sense.

13. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Bitten, I definitely see what you're saying. I think GSR is great, but I also think they're very unique and can't be copied effectively. That kind of angst and longing really has to be sold. CSI does it, but I don't think cloning it would work.

Lindsay and Mac on the other hand, seem like angst-relievers for each other. Mac needs to move on from Claire and Lindsay needs to adjust to NY and get over her "big secret" if that's still going to be an issue. They have such a great understanding of each other, and a similar gravitas (to steal from Hill Harper!). I could see them really getting along well as lovers.

D/L never worked for me simply because I feel like Danny is trying to fill the hole Aiden's departure left in his life with Lindsay. He seemed very curious about Lindsay in the first episode, and then abruptly lost interest. On the other hand, Mac and Lindsay seem to get each other on a fundamental level. They speak the same language.

Agreed, completely. And I love the idea of a covert romance rather than longing looks for seasons and seasons across the lab.

Danny mentioned a no-co-workers policy to Aiden in "Crime and Misdemeanor." We've seen Danny has no problem going up to women if he's interested. I suspect if he wanted to date Lindsay, he would be by now. And yes, Danny is way too dramatic to be able to handle a romance with a co-worker. He has enough problems at work as it is.

Lindsay is pretty mature herself, and I think she'd be drawn to a grounded man like Mac. Mac needs to move on from Claire--he knows it, but up until now he hadn't found the right person, the person who made him come back to life. I think he has now.

I love how refreshing and unexpected it would be. A particularly daring and novel move on the part of the writers.

14. JDonne

JDonne CSI Level One

This is a bit of brilliance and makes so much sense. Rather than Danny dealing with Aiden’s departure verbally the way a normal adult might talk through it, he attempts to make a substitution, finds Lindsay a wanting substitute and grows bored. The awkward hand scene that some have interpreted as an obvious flirtation, could just as easily be like the long awaited kiss that turns out to be like kissing your brother, an eww factor or Danny coming to terms with the fact that Lindsay isn’t Aiden, and never will be. Because with Lindsay it lacks that natural repartee and spark he shared with Aiden, no matter how hard the writers tried and even they seem to have grown tired of the scenario. Danny realizing that it was time to move on and stand on his own two feet. This makes so much sense Top, Aiden always had Danny’s back there was a closeness that viewers saw without being forcibly shown. Anyway, enough of Danny here, but this is an interesting subject to explore, maybe in the Locker Room.

Yes, a secret romance would keep the show from turning into a soap opera, yet add a layer to every interaction Mac and Lindsay share. The smallest gestures are enough to indicate the relationships progression without the viewer going home with these two. I find the idea more intriguing because we get to see small displays of emotion from characters that are not normally demonstrative.

It would mark boldness on the part of the writers and maybe a creative challenge, they have nailed down the years of out in the open angst filled longing, perhaps they could try their hand at secretive well-adjusted love. Mac and Lindsay provide the perfect forum.

Ali

15. BittenByTheWolfe

BittenByTheWolfe CSI Level Three

Indeed, this is definitely a route with potential. The angsty you're-my-coworker-so-no-dice-but-I-still-desire-you thing is rather overplayed in TV. Why not go with a healthy relationship that's not necessarily center stage but is still there? As was said above it would be a fresh take on things and I definitely think NY could use that.