Mac #6: Unbuttoned...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the thread, Ghawazee! Glad you came out of lurkdom to join us in MacLand! :)

MacsLady, you brought up some intriguing ideas in your post about the possibility of Mac having a tough upbringing, and I agree with you there. He did mention several times throughout all the seasons about his childhood, but only in veiled references - wanting desperately to belong to something special (perhaps because he never felt a true sense of "belonging" with his family?) And yes, he did say that he "couldn't wait" to join the Marines - not just wanting to belong somewhere, but also wanting to get away from his family as quickly as possible, maybe? And of course he not only joins the Marines at a very young age, but willingly lets them take him away to another country, far far away from his own family. Even the sense of wistfulness, sadness he obviously feels when little Sam rejoins his family in Necrophilia Americana, perhaps not only because he and Claire never took the opportunity to have children, but possibly because Sam had with his own parents something Mac never had with his?

I don't know if I'd say Mac came from an abusive background, not physically, anyway. But certainly I would posit that he didn't come from a very openly loving or nurturing background, possibly with extremely strict, demanding parents who always expected more from Mac than he felt he was able to deliver. I can easily see it... Mac is a solid B student, but his parents want him to get only A's. Mac is an average, capable athlete, but his dad wants him to be the All-Star. Mac is shy with girls but finds one or two who he likes enough to date, but his mom thinks he needs to find someone from a "better family", or this one isn't pretty or polished enough, that one is from the wrong side of the tracks, etc. No matter how hard he tries, his parents think he's not doing quite good enough.

Of course I'm only theorizing on everything above, but it would certainly explain his constant demand - near obsession, actually - for perfection as an adult. He really hasn't talked at all about his actual family, we don't even know if his parents are still alive, do we? Has he ever mentioned any siblings?

I agree that Mac probably wasn't physically abused as a child - he just doesn't have the 'feel' of someone who has, like Adam. But I think what you described - demanding parents who wanted more from Mac than he could deliver, and everything he did wasn't good enough etc, and his parents were strict/not openly nurturing or loving towards him, I think that is very strongly suggested by the way he looked at little Sam in NA - Sam's parents, and his coldness and hostility towards the Astor woman who wanted Sam just because he's a male heir to her family's fortune. Also, in 'Manhattan Manhunt' Mac seemed to sympathize with that young girl who came from the rich family and was 'second best' to her sister who was killed. Also, his words to Henry Darius at the end of the ep, when Henry blames what he did on Mr Endecott his biological father never having loved him -'You want me to feel sorry for you because your daddy didn't kiss you when you were a baby...You're where you belong.' suugests perhaps that Mac had cold/distant parents too - and he didn't start killing people because of it, so he feels no pity for Darius.
Also, in SuperMen, Mac mentions dressing up as a Marine when he was a kid. Kids are usually young - say under 10 years old when they play dress up, which suggests even as far back as then, Mac wanted to be a Marine, and get out. I also agree totally with you about Mac letting the Marines send him to Beirut - that's dangerous, but also far from America. Though he may not have had any choice where they sent him, the fact is if he joined the Marines say around 1980, he must have known it was possible he'd be sent there.
I've also noticed that most of the photos in Mac's office are to do with the Marines, and there's even one of Reagan, I think (the President, and therefore Mac's Commander in Chief when he joined/served in the Marines, right?) - but no family pics that we've seen.
Finally, in The Thing About Heroes, he seemed none too happy to be back in Chicago, and it was more I think than just the stress of the case/stalker issue. And in those flashbacks, it looked like he and his friends were out on that job late at night, and a 14 year old boy from a loving secure family wouldn't be out in a city like Chicago that late, surely? I know my parents wouldn't have let me or my sis out when we were that age and we live in York!
And as you say, as an adult, Mac has a near obsession with perfection (especially when it comes to himself). Re his family - he said in Mrs Azrael that his father died of small cell lung cancer and asked Mac to end it for him and he couldn't do it. But he's never mentioned his mother or any siblings. In a sense, he has even less of a family than Stella does - she has a foster sister at least. Mac's family problems might also explain why he's so close to Stella, if he grew up feeling unloved and like he could never be what his parents wanted him to be, like he lacked a loving family emotionally if not physically, he would identify with Stella who physically lacked a loving family for most of her childhood. It might also explain why Mac picked Danny for his team, and is both hard on him, but defends/protects him. Danny's lovely, but he's a total f*ck up, and in On the Job Mac tells Danny that people (Mac's superiors, I guess) warned him not to hire Danny. Mac's hiring of Danny could be Mac trying to be different from his parents and recognize people's talents over their failures - yes, Danny's a f*ck up, but he's an excellent CSI.

Like you said, this is all speculation, but speculation is fun. And there is evidence to suggest all of it.

And now for a pic, inspired by the mentions of Mac and Sam...

macdaddy02.jpg

macdaddy04.jpg

awwwwwwwwwwwwww! Daddy Mac, so cute.

Pics from CSI Caps.

Last edited:
Hey MSGrissom! thank you!!!!!!!!!! :D

And i agree with you both. I don't think he was abused but he is very controlled. I had my Psychology examn days ago and we talked how children (from 3-6 years) when they are punish at so early age they become exactly as Mac is.
His Self control is amazing but not always is a good thing
Also, just days ago, inside the Smacked thread we talked we would love to know about his family. Web already know his father is dead, but ..what about his mother..sisters????
Somehow, despite he was happily married, he doesn't seem to know much about the "female world" (Jamalot) so it makes me think he lost his mum when he was just a baby and he was strictly raised by his father
And he was punished...maybe not physically...because he wasn't the kind of son his father expected (a son who put his heart before his reason time to time)

I really hope the day writers decide to give us more about him we will have a GREAT episode to remember and not one which fades in the forgetfulness

Debbie :D

Hey MSGrissom! thank you!!!!!!!!!! :D

And i agree with you both. I don't think he was abused but he is very controlled. I had my Psychology examn days ago and we talked how children (from 3-6 years) when they are punish at so early age they become exactly as Mac is.
His Self control is amazing but not always is a good thing
Also, just days ago, inside the Smacked thread we talked we would love to know about his family. Web already know his father is dead, but ..what about his mother..sisters????
Somehow, despite he was happily married, he doesn't seem to know much about the "female world" (Jamalot) so it makes me think he lost his mum when he was just a baby and he was strictly raised by his father
And he was punished...maybe not physically...because he wasn't the kind of son his father expected (a son who put his heart before his reason time to time)

I really hope the day writers decide to give us more about him we will have a GREAT episode to remember and not one which fades in the forgetfulness

Debbie, wow, what interesting ideas. I agree with you (though I hadn't noticed it before) that Mac doesn't seem to understand the 'female world'. He's respectful towards and works well with women (Stella is a great example) but he doesn't seem to understand them. That could just be Mac being a typical man, but it could also be because he had no strong female influence in his life from an early age. I can easily see him being raised by a strict father who would punish Mac when he either didn't do good enough or put his emotions before his reason. I don't think he was physically abused, but he could have been punished other ways, and maybe punished a lot. It's also possible that his father or his mother (if she was there during his childhood) were cold/emotionally distant, and didn't bond or play with him as a kid. If Mac grew up constantly feeling he wasn't a 'good enough' son, that could explain why he seems to be almost obsessed with perfection. That said, over the last three seasons, he's become less perfection-focused, which could suggest he's beginning to accept that he doesn't need to be perfect.
There's a moment in the episode The Dove Commission where some guy who's above Mac praises him for something, and Mac seems happy, pleased, he lights up a little. Which makes me think he maybe isn't getting and never really got that praise from his parents.
I don't think Mac has siblings, it's just a feeling I get. But he could have an older brother, maybe, who was everything his parents wanted him to be, and so Mac felt like a failure as a child.
If Mac did have a hard upbringing, I'm wondering whether Claire did too - she got pregnant very young, which might have caused conflict with her family if they were strict. Or perhaps Claire's family accepted the pregnancy, but Mac's parents didn't approve of him marrying a woman who had had a child by another man so young.
All these ideas are really interesting, I just hope we get to learn something about Mac's family next season.

MacsLady! it's always a pleasure to read you! :D

i agree with all you have said. His self control produced by a severe father was increase when he joined the Marines. There, he found his first family. A familiy which only demanded the delivery of his own self ( Hopefully i'm using the right word in English) and loyalty (Mac will always be a Semper Fi marine by heart). Both things he could give away perfectly
I also think how he is much more relaxed. He allows himlsef to be weak and allows others know he is (Stella in "Personal Foul" or Flack in "You only die once") He allows himself to show how sensitive he is! (I have always been against the term "SuperMac". I really dislike it in special when he shows all his vulnerability)

And yes! i can only imagine him with a brother (if it's possible). His reactions are not like a man who has many siblings. But still, it's likely he is alone in the world (wwhich would remark his vulnerability)

I want to know more about Claire too. it was never clarified if he found her remains. Months ago i read someone who said it would be very non-tasteful if suddenly Claire appears alive.
Meanwhile i think it would be an interesting twist in the story i agree it would be very hard to swallow to families who have lost relatives at the WTC

Maybe if they find remains and a DNA test is positive for Claire...that would be very interesting. A final disclosure in their wonderful love story... Mac really needs it...!

And i don't why but i always think Claire and Mac met in NY when they were both profesionist. I'm not sure they had been married for so long when she died

Debbie :D (hey! A miracle has happened . i didn't talk about Smacked! :D )

Hey guys just popped in to pass on a message from MacsLovlAngl.....

We all need to get into the Super Summer Showdown [which is in General CSI]and save Mac.

everyone is stealing his points.

You go in, copy the post, and steal a point away from someone else, and then you give it to Mac.

Hurry Girls, we can't let Mac get eliminated:)

MacsLady! it's always a pleasure to read you! :D

i agree with all you have said. His self control produced by a severe father was increase when he joined the Marines. There, he found his first family. A familiy which only demanded the delivery of his own self ( Hopefully i'm using the right word in English) and loyalty (Mac will always be a Semper Fi marine by heart). Both things he could give away perfectly
I also think how he is much more relaxed. He allows himlsef to be weak and allows others know he is (Stella in "Personal Foul" or Flack in "You only die once") He allows himself to show how sensitive he is! (I have always been against the term "SuperMac". I really dislike it in special when he shows all his vulnerability)

And yes! i can only imagine him with a brother (if it's possible). His reactions are not like a man who has many siblings. But still, it's likely he is alone in the world (wwhich would remark his vulnerability)

I want to know more about Claire too. it was never clarified if he found her remains. Months ago i read someone who said it would be very non-tasteful if suddenly Claire appears alive.
Meanwhile i think it would be an interesting twist in the story i agree it would be very hard to swallow to families who have lost relatives at the WTC

Maybe if they find remains and a DNA test is positive for Claire...that would be very interesting. A final disclosure in their wonderful love story... Mac really needs it...!

And i don't why but i always think Claire and Mac met in NY when they were both profesionist. I'm not sure they had been married for so long when she died

Debbie :D (hey! A miracle has happened . i didn't talk about Smacked! :D )
I really like how Mac's showing his vulnerability. If all the speculation about him having a strict childhood where his parents didn't show love openly, and where showing emotion was seen as a weakness (maybe even 'punished' - if Mac's dad was strict, I can see him telling a young Mac that to show emotion was 'weak' or 'unmanly') then I think it shows that he's starting to break away from what his blood family taught him, and learn that's it's okay to make mistakes and show emotion.
About the Marines, like you say, all they would ask of Mac is his loyalty and that he do his duty and do what the superior officers say. The Marines don't care all that much about your background, whether you're an all-star athlete or straight-A student, they take people from all kinds of backgrounds, and I think the only education needed is that you've finished high school (to be a basic 'grunt'), and Mac would like that if he was raised in a strict, success-driven family. If his parents were strict, it would also mean he would accept the strictness of the training more easily. And he'd finally get a sense of belonging too, something we know he lacked as a child because of what he said in Tanglewood.
Similarly, with the CSI team, Mac has found a 'family' who look up to him for what he is - their leader and friend, and who are sympathetic towards him when he shows weakness/emotion - Stella and Flack particularly. And Mac is obviously trying to not be like his parents in that he accepts their weaknesses/emotions - his interactions with Stella, Danny and Adam show this particularly, though he can still be a little too strict with them sometimes. But mostly he's just firm when he needs to be, when they've done something wrong.

It's very possible Mac and Claire met in New York, when he was a cop/CSI and she was at the Trade Center. How long they were married is a real mystery, and I really hope we find out.

About Claire's remains, in Some Buried Bones Mac told Reed her remains were never found, 'no trace at all' which makes me think they are going to have a story some time in the future where something of Claire is found - DNA maybe, or something she owned, a ring or something. I hope they don't go the way of 'Claire is alive', it would be unrealistic and not very respectful to the WTC victims and their families. It would be an interesting twist, but rather a tasteless one, IMO. I don't think TPTB will do that though, they're more likely to go with the 'some remains/trace are found' story, which would be fascinating. Something like that would really hit Mac hard, though it would also help him get some closure too, maybe. Whatever happens with Claire, Mac's going to need his team (his 'family') around him.

Last edited:
Hi!:)

I just bought one finnish maganize where was an article about CSI:NY! ;)
I'd wanna scan it and post but it's in finnish so it's not much use to here!
but I can tell something! A reporter from the magazine went to interview Gary and Melina! "Damn that I'm jealous!":scream::lol:
Anyway they told about relationships in serie. I smirked when I read a part where Gary said that he was worried about Mac's new relationship with Peyton! "Why I wondered?! Cause I'm sure we all female watchers love to see his touchly, flirting side!" But then he also said that in the end it was interesting to act relationship drama cause it was pretty different if when you compared it to traditional CSI-lab working.
For one Melina said that she can't imagine relationship between Stella and Mac! "Shame I thought cause I think it would be nice:cool:! if I translate it it went roughly like this: They are close and care about each other, but I think that they're more like "sibling" for each other. I don't know could there ever come nothing romantic between them.
As a characters Stella and Mac are very different but there respect for each other keeps then together. Mac is really strong, serious and calm and Stella the other hand is much more careing, sparkling and much more social person. They replenish each other. Stella commence into things with all her heart as then Mac calm and balance her. Stella may have relationship with someone in the lab in future but it's not certain.
Finally Melina said that Gary is in real life wondeful friend and a colleague. They have often very fun together and she said that is great to work with him. "I'm not surpired myself about that!" :lol:
So there's the article in a nutshell!

And now I wanna show some pics. from our lovely Mac! :drool:

CSINY_301_035.jpg

Poor Gary...I mean I think he's quite shy person...:alienblush: but he hides it well! cause in that pic he looks everything else as a shy!;) He's sexy! :drool::drool::drool::drool:
408_00643.jpg

Awww...talking in cellphone and looking hot at the same time...impressing! :drool::drool::drool::drool:
419_0664.jpg

And finally the look what I'm ache for so much!!!:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Thanks for the article bit, Sam. And thanks for the yummy Mac pics! They're all so hot.:drool::drool::drool:

Sam--> Thanks for the second and the third pic (being honest the first one gives me migraine. I had enough of that today :(

And considering i'm not in a good mood i only can say that interviw seems to be an extract from a former interviw made to Melina and posted right here in Talk CSI months ago. Actually i think is the same interview where Melina add later Mac and Stella "maybe would start something" in Season 9 or 10

well as a gift for you here i have 2 pics from gary i found at tv.com forum

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/Cienlunas/Impostorshower.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/Cienlunas/b9aa_1.jpg

and this one with Melina. So cute!
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/Cienlunas/l352b93c7000019179tm8.jpg

Debbie (i feel terrible) :(

So because I have no social life at the moment, and am obsessive, I did a little research on the Internet today about the emotional abuse of children and especially how that can take the form of excessive pressure to succeed. Some of the stuff I read connected back to what we were speculating about Mac's childhood earlier this week.

- Emotional abuse can include
-withholding of affection from the child, or 'coldness' towards the child.
-parents showing little interest in child (unless the child behaves in a way or achieves exactly what the parents want, maybe?)
-regular belittling and put-downs of child, name calling. (Mac's parents may have taught him that showing emotion is 'being a baby' or a 'sissy' so he learned to control/hide it.)
-excessive pressure to succeed at school and/or sports. Parents may tell their child they need to suppress their emotions in order to suceed.
-pressure to grow up too soon and take on too much responisbility too soon (if one of Mac's parents died when he was a child, this may have happened)
-Discouraging attitude towards children 'why do you always get it wrong' attitude (an e.g. for Mac could be if Mac's mother disapporoved of his choice in girlfriends - like MB said)

Some other things I learned about emotional abuse are:
-It is hard to define, hard to prove
-It may be unintentional on the part of the parents. (This I think is probably true of Mac's parents if he had a childhood which involved emotional abuse. I don't think they set out deliberately to hurt him, but they just had too-high expectations of him and didn't learn to accept him for who he was.)
-The child may not realize they are being abused. (Mac has made veiled references to having a hard childhood, and his joining the Marines so young suggests he was desperate to get out. But I don't think Mac thinks of himself as 'abused')

Of course, Mac was raised in the 1960s/70s, when the term 'emotional abuse' didn't register for many people, and especially not in the form Mac may have suffered. His parents were probably seen as pushy, but if they were wealthy and successful themselves it might have been accepted, even by Mac, as the norm, and acceptable.

This quote made me think of everything we all said about Mac too -

"Yet a growing number of children from wealthy backgrounds are suffering stress, not because of their friends or worrying about whether they will get a boyfriend or girlfriend, but because of their over-ambitious parents. A controversial new book - which has sparked a massive debate in America about the relationship between money and parenting - has blamed high-earning, high-achieving mothers and fathers for inadvertently causing their children's problems by pushing them so hard to succeed that they feel like failures. They give them every gadget and luxury imaginable but far too little time, love and affection"
from http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2006/aug/06/books.booksnews
If we assume Mac came from a wealthy family, this would certainly fit. Children in wealthy families may face excessive pressure to succeed, to get a good job and maintain the family's wealth. So Mac's joining the Marines could have been a rejection of all that, an attempt to get away from expectations he couldn't fulfill and a life/job he didn't want.

I also read that children who are emotionally abused (or abused in any way) can have difficulty forming relationships as adults, and we know Mac does struggle with this.

Mac's harshness on Danny in s1 could be seen as a result of his childhood, if Mac's parents were unduly harsh on him, Mac's harshness on Danny could be seen as a reflection of that. But even in s1, Mac did praise Danny (Tanglewood) and in later seasons did show him affection, and praise him more, so that could be seen as Mac making a concious effort not to be like his parents. Also, Mac, IMO, was harsh on Danny only when Danny had made a pretty big mistake like in OTJ. Mac really has loosened up on Danny since s1, though.

I also read that survivors of any kind of abuse can often become very competent in their professional and personal lives - Mac is certainly highly competent in his professional life. Of course, that could be the result of a very loving childhood and encouraging parents, but in the context of things Mac has said/what we've seen in episodes, what we've been talking/speculating about here, it could also be the result of a difficult, emotionally abusive (to some degree) childhood.

Emotional abuse of children can be far worse than what I've described here, but even if it was unintentional and 'mild' compared to what some children experience, it is still damaging. Like I said, both Mac and his parents may not even have realized that it was abuse, it is difficult to draw the line between strict/pushy parents and those who are too strict and pushy i.e. emotionally abusive.

I don't think Mac was ever physically abused, but I wonder if maybe his father would slap him/smack him if he didn't do something right, like if he didn't finish all his food, failed a test etc or perhaps if he showed emotion too much. Mac was raised in the 60's/70's where slapping your children (just slapping, not beating them) was maybe seen as 'the norm'. If so, Mac would have learnt to hide/control his emotions, as well as constantly feeling not good enough. Even if Mac wasn't hit, I can see him being punished in other ways when he didn't meet his parents expectations, which again would make him feel like a failure and want to get out

I guess it's also possible that Mac's parents divorced when he was young, and it was a bitter divorce, so Mac was manipulated by both parents, or blamed himself or was ignored by one parent, or was shifted between homes frequently. Or one of his parents could have died when he was young. If it was his mom, perhaps his dad was really strict/cold with him and put a lot of pressure on him to succeed. If it was his dad, maybe Mac had to become the 'man of the house' very young and experienced a lot of pressure to do well. So he could have had a hard childhood in that sense.

I've really enjoyed this little discussion about Mac's childhood. IMO, something's definitely 'wrong' there because of the way he hardly ever talks about it, except with veiled references. I just hope soon the writers will provide us with some more insight into his childhood, how he grew up. We know more about Stella's childhood than we do Mac's, and she's an orphan.

EDIT - Gorgeous pics, Ghawzee! That one of Gary and Melina together is so cute!

MacsLady, thanks for posting the info. and your insights on emotional abuse, excellent read! :thumbsup:

Many of the above points make perfect sense as related to Mac, as both a child (at least what we can assume) and as an adult. And I do agree that the emotional abuse is probably unintentional by the parents at least half of the time. I could see Mac's parents simply thinking that they wanted to steer him in the "right direction" (read: their idea of the "right direction", which of course might not have been the right direction for Mac, in his own eyes and heart). If that's the case - and I would bet it is - then it's no small wonder that even as a very young boy, Mac raptly dreamt of the day when he could "run off and join the Marines". It was not only a way to escape the overly critical, seemingly unappreciative scrutiny of his parents, but also a place where he knew he would fit in - lots of other displaced souls in the military, from widely varied backgrounds and experiences, but who somehow find their way to lifelong brotherhood, friendship and loyalty. Exactly what Mac knew he needed.

^I really enjoyed doing the research, it's interesting stuff. About Mac wanting to escape the unappreciative (as he saw it) scrutiny of his parents, and feeling he could never be what they wanted him to be, his father's death must have hit him really, really hard, because once again he couldn't do what his father wanted - turn off his life support machine. :( From this speculation, and what Mac's hinted about on the show, it may well be that he and his father never got to reconcile their differences about the direction Mac's life took.
Also, joining the Marines presumably right out of high school, or even if he joined after college, Mac could have been rebelling against his parents who wanted him to go straight from either high school to a 'good' college (one they wanted him to get a scholarship into, perhaps, hence the pushing him in academics and sport?) or from college into a 'respectable' job (read: white collar, high earnings).
Or it could be that Mac's dad was a Marine, and Mac joined not just to get away, but to try to please his father. Kids want to please their parents, even more so, I think, when they feel they've failed to do so before.
In the context of Mac having a childhood like the one we've speculated about, Claire's death must have hit him twice as hard as well. In Claire, Mac perhaps found the first person who appreciated him for who he was, loved him despite any mistakes or failures. But then on 9/11, Mac was unable to save her, and he feels he's let her down. I've always thought that though Mac knows, logically, that he was powerless to save his wife, he feels on another level that he failed her. We all want to protect people we love from things we can't protect them from. He didn't fail her of course, but that would be, IMO, a very 'Mac' thing to think, especially if he already believes he failed his parents, and especially his father.

Jeez, that was depressing. How about a nice pic or two?

Smiley Sexy Mac.
macquinn1.png

rec03.jpg

and this old favourite again...:drool::drool::drool:
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z51/macslady22/wetmacky.jpg

The first pic I got from the Pics thread here. I'm pretty sure it's from MDG. Second pic is from CSI Caps. Third is from an old Mac thread, I think originally from MDG.

Nothing beats seeing a wet Mac:drool::drool:before going to bed I'm going to have some good dreams tonight:devil::devil: (it's nearly 1:30am here)

Hope you had sweet Mac dreams, Tequesta. Though maybe guttery Mac dreams are better...:devil:
I was watching Down the Rabbit Hole and I really love that Mac/Flack scene where Mac talks to Flack about him and Peyton breaking up. The scene really shows how much Mac has opened up, he talks about something very private with Flack, sharing his 'feelings' - when he says he knew he couldn't ask Peyton to come back, talking about their relationship a bit. We saw that in the scenes with Adam too - that Adam called him 'dude' shows how relaxed Adam feels around Mac. Also, I think this scene shows that Mac is not Super!Mac. He didn't really have a clue what he was doing with Second Life, and he turned to Adam for advice. He let Adam do the fight scene - Mac may be an expert in hand-to-hand combat in RL, but not in SL! But he stood back and let Adam show his expertise, and praised him for it (shook his hand). And then there's the scene at the end when he looks down the trash/laundry chute which really was pretty silly - Mac, dude, she could not fit down there!
Oh, and I'm not a SMacked shipper, but in the 'flirting' scene, Stella just blatantly checks Mac out. I missed that before, until someone here posted the pic, and even then I didn't realize just how obvious Stella was.:lol: Mind you, who can blame her? I'd be checking Mac out too if I got that particular angle...
And now, how about some pics? I like pics!

runningmac.png

Runnin' Mac in Black...:drool:

dtr1.png

Just...nice.:drool:

dtr2.png

Gun porn:drool:

dtr3.png

More gun porn:drool:

dtr4.png

Nice smile:drool:

dtr5.png

Nice angle you gots there, Stell...:devil:

dtr6.png

Awww, tired/sad Mac, he needs lots of TLC...:devil:

Pics from CSI NY Online gallery.

EDIT - Tequesta, I love the quote you have as your signature. That's one of my favourite Mac scenes/quotes.

MacsLady---> EXCEPTIONAL POST! (it took me a couple days to finish it because i had to translate it carefully)

I also read that children who are emotionally abused (or abused in any way) can have difficulty forming relationships as adults, and we know Mac does struggle with this.

Yes,I do agree. Actually he can have good working relationships but the problem comes from when it is about his personal life
Also i agree he doesn't considerers himself as abusive child. But being a "By the Book Marine" tells me he was running away from home but at the same time he looked for the same discipline he had at home

As we talked earlier, I do feel Mac lost his mum when he was just a kid. He doesn't seem to know much about children and female world. Even Stella made a comment once she never saw him without a tie (despite of she knew him before Claire died). Actually i feel Claire helped him to open a little through the armour he had before and that's why he got married but still he was opening up when Claire died (so he went back to his previous status)
A tie, as simple as it sounds, speaks volumes how desperately he wants to keep control. That formidable control helped him to become the Head of the Lab but it made him loose important emotional interactions.
You mentioned Danny (lol, he is a whole issue to me :D ) he is Mac's counterpart.

He doesn't have control at all (just a very personal opinion) and that's why Mac was so upset to him
We must consider he was fair to him and because of Danny's outstading job Mac put him on the promotion list
When Danny lost his head led by his emotions is when Mac wanted to strangle him!
And Danny (I cannot believe his dad is alive. His personality doesn't tell me that) fought against Mac's authority and blamed him for everything and didn's trust him
Of all his employees he was the one closest to be fired by Mac. (Aiden is a special case. She can't be included)
So maybe in their relationship both are fighting their own phamtoms from their childhood
Stella is so emotional as Danny but she can keep control when it's necessary. Actually Mac told her once "Use you head, not your heart" and she followed his advice
Going back to Mac, i was taught you can know how an adult was raised and treated just watching her/his behaviour
No mum, being pushed by Dad who was so hard on him, not sibblings made him a man in need of control
That's one a positive thing from his trip to London. It wasn't planned but it was something he accepted. he hadn't control but he relaxed enough to enjoy...the city! :D (My Smacked side is insulting me LOL!)
Also when Mac taled about his dad being in coma for so long and he not being able to disconnect him..well Maybe Mac was looking for a miracle..looking for an absolution!
I knew a guy whose father abused him (psychological abuse) and he also beated him
It was terrible! Then when he was an adult and he was in the hospital (the father because he was sick and his son because he was studying Medicine) the son was there by his side and he expected his whole life to listen the words "I'm sorry. I love you son" his dad said right before he died. I wonder if that's Mac's case too

Now i just wish we can know about his family. It coudl explain a lot of his past behaviour (he almost lost Reed because he didn't want to speak to him after their little argument)

ps:Necessarily i have to add you to the list of people who spoil me with Eye Candy on a daily basis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back