Mac #6: Unbuttoned...

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by MacsLady, Jul 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scheriinh

scheriinh Hit and Run

yeah,peyton was one lucky chick,although,if mac is to be believed,that she was the one that pursued him LOL.go girls,lets start pursuing mac too LOL

2. scheriinh

scheriinh Hit and Run

I PROMISE I'm not hiding a kidnapped Mac in my bedroom...he's not cuffed to my bed or anything...well, okay, he is, but if you keep it quiet I'll let you have him next...when I'm finished with him that is...:devil:

Please please let me have him next !!!!!!!

3. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Welcome to the forum, scheriinh. :) Please don't double or triple post. If no one has posted after you in the thread, and you want to add something, you can use the edit button (on the bottom right of your posts) and edit your post to include whatever else you want to say. The edit button works for 24 hours, and if no one has posted after you that is what we would prefer you to do rather than posting multiple times. Thanks. :)

4. bumble_bee89

bumble_bee89 Rookie

Okay, I have a question..
    Which season do you prefere Mac in?
    season one, where he was all up tight and anxious.
    season two, starting to loosen up a little, but still a hard a$$
    season three, the more loving side to Mac showing.
    or season 4, the man who's starting to let up, and when he does he get's kidnapped.
    and what do you think he will be like in this coming season?

5. Tequesta

Tequesta Rookie

I'm very sorry. But it's just the way it keeps coming out, so I won't post anymore pictures.

6. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

You dont have to stop ;) I've Pmd you to help you get it right ;)

7. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

In 'Consequences' Mac told Reed that his father was Claire's high-school sweetheart. In 'Taxi' Mac said Reed's 'from Chicago'. I don't know whether that means Reed just lives in Chicago with his adoptive parents or whether he was born there too. If Reed was born in Chicago, Claire was probably from there, like Mac, and perhaps they met there. It's possible they met in college, though we don't know when or where Mac went to college - in Chicago? Before or after the Marines? I always personally have thought of him going after the Marines. If we say Mac is around 44 (if he was 14 thirty years ago, as stated in The Thing About Heroes). So he was born around 1963. I think you can join the Marines at 17, that is the youngest they will take you. From the way Mac spoke about the Marines in 'Tanglewood' it sounds to me like he joined literally as soon as he could - when he was 17 or 18, which would be around 1980. (Jeez, if that's right, he would have been in his very early twenties when the Beirut bombing happened in '83, poor Mac!) In CoTP, his service records show he left in 1992. So he could have joined the NYPD then, and gone to college at the same time - he'd've been a mature student. But of course, he could have gone to college before the Marines, but he was in and fighting in '83, so I'm guessing he went after. Either way, he could have met Claire while in college. Or maybe on the job as a cop/CSI.
    I think Stella has known Mac for ten years (as of season 1), or something close to that. Mac knew Quinn before he knew Stella, and he kissed her when he and Claire were married, so yes, it would seem that Mac and Claire had been married for a long time, or at least together for a long time. See, this is why I want MORE REED next season, so we can find out about all this stuff. They keep putting Mac in new relationships, which is interesting in it's way, but I'd much rather learn about his relationship with Claire. He obviously loved her very much, you can tell by the way he talks about her and how he is with Reed, and insight into their relationship would offer fascinating insight into Mac's character, IMO. I love learning about characters' family lives and lives outside the lab, and so would love to learn more about Mac and Claire's relationship. Oh, I just remember, we know he proposed to her on some building overlooking the Chrysler (or was it on the Chrysler?). Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! The man may not have any game, but that's pretty romantic IMO.:)
    So I don't think it's ever been said that Mac and Claire were college sweethearts, but it's very possible.
    I agree with you MB that neither Mac or Flack are players, and that's what attracts me to them both. It's definitely part of both of their charm. I think Mac's lack of game may be what attracts women to him, quite a few of them have been pursuing him over the years! Jane, Rose, Polly, Peyton, Quinn, and Jordan had her eye on him too. And then there's all of us!

Wow, gorgeous pics, everyone.:drool::drool: This hot day just got even hotter.:drool: I don't come here for a couple of days, and when I do it's a drool-fest. Sam, you're going to love the episode 'Silent Night' Mac is very sweet in it.

bumblebee, I like all the 'Macs' - I do like the darkness there is to his character in s1, but am very glad they have been lightening him up these last 3 seasons. I guess my favorite Mac is the Mac we have right now - he's loosened up a lot, he's much more relaxed and happy and shows his humourous side a lot more, which is just lovely, IMO. Also, he's made mistakes, he's starting to trust his instincts, though of course that's got him in big trouble recently, and I really like that too, it makes him human and realisitic, as does the lightening up thing. But Mac still has a bit of a dark side, which we see when he gets pissy (especially on the Dobson case, and in The Deep with the terrorist. Mac Taylor is seriously NOT a man you should p*ss off!) and also when he has personal/professional angst, like with the Thing about Heroes (that's a pretty horrible secret poor Mac has been keeping inside him for so long). He also is still strongly defined by his pain over Claire's death. The effect of 9/11 on him isn't as strong as it was in s1, but it's still very much there, he still aches over her loss - look how frantic he was when Reed, his one connection to her, was threatened. And I think that both the 'dark side' that Mac has and the pain he still feels over Claire, make him an absolutely fascinating character, and add to how 'human' he is.
    I think next season, we may see some emotional fallout for Mac from what happened in the s4 finale. We BETTER see some emotional fallout! But TPTB aren't always good with that (Danny, Adam AND Mac are all fine after the events of SD.:rolleyes:) but when they put their mind to it they can do the emotional stuff really well, and I really hope they will show the emotional impact of what happened in 'Hostage' on Mac.
    I'm also hoping to see more of Mac's lighter side, more interaction with Flack, and especially with Sid and Adam - he lights up with them! Previous seasons have focused more on Mac's relationship with Danny and with Stella, and I want to see him interact more with the others.

OK, after all those words, here are some pics -

[​IMG] Awww, sad Mac. This scene from Blink (when he's at Ground Zero) chokes me up every single time I see it.

[​IMG] Smiley Mac talking to Sid.

[​IMG] Mmmm, Unbuttoned Mac. Lindsay, get out of the way, unless you want to get trampled by the horde of Taylor Girls!:drool::drool::drool:

Second and third pics from CSI Caps, first is either from CSI Caps or past my shoulder.

Oh, I almost forgot (all the hot pics have scramble me brain!) - Welcome to the Mac thread, scheriinh!

8. RanMa

RanMa CSI Level Two

Oh my, that last pic!

Now that, was truly one of the most guh-worthy scenes from last season. If it was me doing that...sheeeeet. I really don't think I can work for Mac. Though I know I'd do my darnest to earn his respect, my drooling in front of his face would probably negate that.

9. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I was re-watching PWM today, and it's a very drool-inducing ep....

Shirtless Mac...

[​IMG]

Shirtless Sexy Smile Mac...
    [​IMG]

Cute Mac in a flirty situation, and adorably Mac-like...
    [​IMG]

Lucky Peyton...
    [​IMG]

Sexy Smile Mac (and his eyes...:drool::drool::drool:)
    [​IMG]

Pics from CSI Caps.

10. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

I haven't been in here for a while, but it's definetely getting hotter in here with all those unbuttoned and shirtless pics :drool::drool::drool: Who needs sunshine outside when we've got Mac to get all hot over :lol:

Season 3 and 4 are surely my favorites, but it's good to see the change in Mac from season 1. ;)

11. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I was watching Tanglewood today, and was struck by something Mac said. When he's talking to Paul Montanassi's mother, she mentions how her son was looking to belong to something, and Mac tells her that he understands what it's like to need to belong. Later, when Danny is talking to Mac about the extremes Paul was prepared to go to just to belong to the Tanglewood Boys, Mac says he would have done anything to get in the Marines.
    In 'On the Job' Stella is upset when the baby's parents don't come to get her immeadiately, and Mac says something like 'There are a lot of bad parents out there, Stella' and it sounds almost like he's talking from experience.
    In Right Next Door, Mac is talking to the kid's mother (the real one) and he says 'Children think their parents can do anything' and again there's a sadness to the way he says it.
    Also, Mac has never really talked about his childhood, beyond saying he used to dress up as a Marine when he was a kid.

I'm wondering whether Mac had a difficult childhood? I don't think he suffered outright abuse as a kid, though that's possible, but something must have happened to make him feel that he 'didn't belong'. I know most kids go through feeling that way, but to me it seems that it was more than just a phase for Mac. That he hardly ever talks about his childhood really strikes me - Stella, Danny, and Flack have all mentioned their childhood/families briefly - we know Danny's parents are both alive (or were as of RSRD) and he has a brother, and that his family has connections, and that he was tempted by the Tanglewood Boys when he was a teenager. We know Stella grew up in an orphanage/foster care, and has a foster sister. We know Flack's dad was a cop, that he loves his mother's cooking, and that he has brothers...
    and a sister, apparantly
    We even know that Adam's dad was a bully, and that Sid has been married several times and has a daughter. He even implied once that he didn't fit in at school when he said his guidance counselor told his mother it's what's on the inside that counts.
    But we know very little about Mac's childhood, beyond what happened when he was 14. And we know nothing about what his family was/is like.

12. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

Some compelling Mac Discussion to go along with the luscious piccies! :thumbsup:

Re: Which season is my favorite Mac, I do love them all, quite frankly. I think the writers have taken us on a rather fun ride through the seasons, where Mac is concerned. Seeing him evolve through the years... still in so much pain and heartbreak at the beginning of S1, but we also saw the strong desire to get back into life as he knew it before Claire's death, too. The lingering, wistful glances he would start casting at loving couples walking down the street, or at people obviously in family situations, and I think it was a lawyer or someone involved in a case that he was talking work with, and the guy had to break it off and tell Mac that his wife was waiting with dinner at home for him, and Mac looked crestfallen. Can't remember the exact eps, but I remember we started seeing these type of scenes and brief moments halfway through and near the end of S1. And of course we know that he finally did take that major step towards getting back into life during the season finale, when he met Rose out on the date.

During the following seasons we saw him opening up more and more, not just to outsiders, but to his own staff, too. Even though he and Stella were close friends, there was still much that he probably didn't talk to her about after Claire's death, but he started opening up more to her about how he felt about personal things. He became more emotionally available to his team, not just the distant Boss Figure (I always thought the scene where Mac hugged and comforted a crying Danny during "Run Silent Run Deep" was riveting, and spoke volumes about how far Mac had come emotionally, and how comfortable Danny obviously was in reaching out to Mac in his grief). And of course, Mac is learning how to trust his gut once in awhile, something that the stiffer S1 Mac would never have done. Of course, Mac isn't particularly adept yet at trusting his instincts in a case - he hasn't done it before - and his instincts aren't always spot on, as we see in several eppies, particularly the season finale, :lol: But it's a learning process for him, to sometimes go with the hunches, and it's interesting to see him try, fail, yet try again. I know I said this in another post, but Mac's evolution through the seasons has been, for me at least, very realistic and human, and that's what makes him even more compelling as the show goes on. :)

13. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I like all the 'Macs' too. Mac Taylor is IMO one of the best written and most well evolved/developed characters on television, and that's a credit to both Gary and to the writers/creators of the show. NY has it's flaws, but it does fanatastic character based storylines IMO, and especially so with Mac.
    I do like the darker, more gritty, sad feel there is to both NYC and Mac in season 1. Season 1 I think was supposed to be about NYC post-9/11, and the darkness and sadness of the city is reflected, powerfully, in Mac. I think it's fitting that for that first season, he was very closed off and stiff (in terms of how he worked cases, and how he personally interacted with others) and still obviously deeply grieving for Claire. I liked that, because it was realistic - people often do sink into a 'depression' like that after a loved one dies, especially in something like 9/11. But I love how Mac gradually began to lighten up from s2 onwards. I agree with you, MB, that he really did start opening up to his team more - that hug scene in RSRD really shows that - it is MAC who steps towards Danny, initiating the hug - and that shows that Mac's allowing himself to open up emotionally, to try to share in other people's pain and try to help them. In season 3, he opened up with Peyton and with Reed, even talking with Reed about Claire and trying to reach out to him and connect with him emotionally. In s4, I think we've seen him open up with Sid and Adam especially, both bring out his sense of humour, which we never saw much of in s1.
    I also noticed those wistful glances Mac gave couples walking down the street, or families. The scene where he meets with the lawyer guy who then goes off to meet his wife is What You See is What You See, and it's a very powerful moment, you can see how Mac longs to have that kind of simple, taken-for-granted intimacy (going home with someone you love for dinner) again, and how much he misses having that with Claire. I think that moment is part of what drives Mac to take a risk and go and meet Rose at the bar. He looks wistful too at the end of Necrophilia Americana when Sam's parents take him home - a scene that makes me think Mac would have loved to have had kids with Claire, he wanted a family of his own, and he still does. That episode also showed (as do Mac's interactions with his team, especially Danny from s2 onwards) that Mac would be a very good father ( a bit by-the-book and strict maybe, but a good one).

I was watching Time's Up today, and the scene where Mac and Stella are talking about Drew. Mac tells Stella that she should forget about the risks of romance, and just think about the rewards. In one sense, it's a bit of a clumsy thing to say - Stella's still reeling from what happened with Frankie, and of course Drew is far from a nice guy as it turns out - but in another way it's very fitting. It shows how far Mac has come from s1. S1 Mac would never have considered another relationship, or forgetting the risks of romance. S1 Mac would never have talked so openly and easily to Stella about relationships and how he feels about them. And when he gets the letter from Peyton, rather than going home or somewhere else to be alone, he goes to the jazz club and plays with the band - not something s1 Mac would have done.
    And like you said, there's the way he's beginning to trust his instincts, even when he makes mistakes.
    Mac has physically lightened up over the seasons too - he lost the ties, the Unbuttoning began :)devil::drool:) and he smiles more, laughs more. Also, they have changed the lighting from s1 - it was all very dark and sombre and moody (and blue!) in s1, but from s2 the whole show was much lighter, and that makes Mac look lighter too. His eyes seem to be 'lighter' in the later seasons - they always looked dark in s1 but in later seasons they look lighter, still very intense, but definitely lighter. I really like that light green colour his eyes look sometimes, very nice.:drool:

And now, 'cause you know I'm a girl who like to back up my Mac discussions with pics...

FB - Here is that moment from WYS with Mac looking at the lawyer guy and his wife
    [​IMG]

Mac hugging Danny...
    [​IMG]

WYS pic from Past My Shoulder, RSRD one from CSI Caps.

14. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Hello Taylor girls! :D I hope you don't mind if i join the group :) I have been a luurker for a long time but i have decide to jump into the wagon now i have my winter holidays :D
    Ummmmm personally i love all his sides but specially the S1 side. Mainly because he was extremely vulnerable. He was still mourning Claire and he didn't pretend to change it.
    I loved how Stella helped him to get out of his strong armour. I mean,i don't say this because i'm a Stellarina fan or because i'm a SMACked shipper (which i'm very proud of being both) but because since Day 1 their strong connection gave me a lot of emotion. She was who convinced him he has to do something so simple as "get out for a drink" and she mentioned him several times he has to joke (American Dreamers). Some time later Mac was capable of making a joke!!!! (Rain)

He showed all his vulnerability but also all his strengh. The uknown kid from American Dreamers got into him..maybe because he was alone in the big city as alone as Mac was when he came from Chicago.
    He also showed his feelings for AIden (he really was totally proud of her. He treated her as a father)
    How fair he was towards Danny because he put him on the promotion grid but then he felt so dissapointed
    The emotion again when he talked to Stella about his marriage ring. He said he wasn't ready to take it off

well, that's why i LOVE Vulnerable Mac. It's the same Mac i had on Personal Foul when he had doubts about catching the cabbie killer and "Taxi" when Reed was in danger (as usual Stella helped him :D )

I expect all the best about Season 5.
    I wonder if the kidnnaping will affect him in a long term. Pam Veasey said at the beginning we won't see anything EVIDENT but nobody said won't be an issue for him in later episodes

Hugs to everyone

Debbie :D

15. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

Welcome to the thread, Ghawazee! Glad you came out of lurkdom to join us in MacLand! :)

MacsLady, you brought up some intriguing ideas in your post about the possibility of Mac having a tough upbringing, and I agree with you there. He did mention several times throughout all the seasons about his childhood, but only in veiled references - wanting desperately to belong to something special (perhaps because he never felt a true sense of "belonging" with his family?) And yes, he did say that he "couldn't wait" to join the Marines - not just wanting to belong somewhere, but also wanting to get away from his family as quickly as possible, maybe? And of course he not only joins the Marines at a very young age, but willingly lets them take him away to another country, far far away from his own family. Even the sense of wistfulness, sadness he obviously feels when little Sam rejoins his family in Necrophilia Americana, perhaps not only because he and Claire never took the opportunity to have children, but possibly because Sam had with his own parents something Mac never had with his?

I don't know if I'd say Mac came from an abusive background, not physically, anyway. But certainly I would posit that he didn't come from a very openly loving or nurturing background, possibly with extremely strict, demanding parents who always expected more from Mac than he felt he was able to deliver. I can easily see it... Mac is a solid B student, but his parents want him to get only A's. Mac is an average, capable athlete, but his dad wants him to be the All-Star. Mac is shy with girls but finds one or two who he likes enough to date, but his mom thinks he needs to find someone from a "better family", or this one isn't pretty or polished enough, that one is from the wrong side of the tracks, etc. No matter how hard he tries, his parents think he's not doing quite good enough.

Of course I'm only theorizing on everything above, but it would certainly explain his constant demand - near obsession, actually - for perfection as an adult. He really hasn't talked at all about his actual family, we don't even know if his parents are still alive, do we? Has he ever mentioned any siblings?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.