Mac #5: Back In Black!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys just popped in to say Merry Christmas and I hope all your dreams of Mac come true :devil:

PS Jools I hope you get what you desire :devil:

Merry Christmas everyone!

Here are some yummy Stuck on You pics for y'all...

Mmm, I love a man who's so skilled with weapons... :devil:

soy1.jpg

cw9.jpg

cw10.jpg

cw7.jpg

cw6.jpg

cw4.jpg

Such a nice smile...
cw11.jpg

Oh, lucky, lucky, lucky water bottle...
soy3.jpg

Mac in black and playin' jazz, so hot...
soy4.jpg

soy5.jpg

natty, I've given all my presents a good feel, but none feel Mac-shaped. Oh well, maybe he'll pay me a visit tonight... :devil: :devil: :devil:

Pics from CSI Caps.

Hey, guys. I DID get Mac for Christmas - s3 Mac. :) :) :) So i'm very happy, especially since s4 Mac is coming to the UK in Januaty-yay. I hope everyone here had a great Christmas too.

Ok I was just looking on YouTube and found this Video of Mac and the 9/11 disaster. Some of the video of Mac if a little poor but it is reall good! Check it out :D

Ok not sure if this has been posted before but I also watched this Of Mice and Men video (what a surprise!) and thought i'd share ;)

I had seen the OMAM one but not the 9/11 one. It is really good. Fantastic combo of 9/11 shots and shots of Mac from 'Blink'. The scene of Mac at Ground Zero is one that always gets me, as is the quote used in the Mac voiceover at the end - the one about how powerless Mac felt that day. I have dissed the writers of NY in the past for certain aspects of the way they portray Mac, but I for one like how they deal with 9/11 and how they incorporate it into Mac's character. It's such an integral part of him, and such a tragic yet fascinating one too. And that quote from 'The Closer' I think describes the events of 9/11 very well. And Gary acts that scene so well - as the video showed, you don't even have to see the scene to feel Mac's emotion - you can hear it in his voice. How people can say he is cold/selfish in the face of scenes like that (and the Blink ones) really surprises me. Everyone's entitled to their opinion of course, but I just can't see Mac as cold. Thanks for the heads up, natty, I have favourited the vid.
Back to manky work tommorrow - yuk, but I am only working tommorrow and Friday, then I have the weekend and Monday and Tuesday off, so I think I will have a Mac-Fest. Though I did just have one - I've watched Corporate Warriors, Recycling, Stuck on You and Oedipus Hex in the past week and also Fallen Angel too. But you can never have too much Mac. :devil: I'm listening to One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest on audio book too, and am imagining Gary as McMurphy.

^^^ I think that Tanglewood is on FiveUS on Sunday and then Blood,Sweat and tears is on on Monday :)

Don't you think that the DVD should had soon extra stuff on like some Mac out takes or interview :devil:

Hello my fellow Taylor Girls, I hope everyone had a safe & happy holiday season! Great piccies of our Mac & the OMAM link etc., thankee! I didn't have net access over the holidays, I missed this place (and the Mac/Gary threads in particular!) :D

I had a Mac-Fest today - I watched People with Money (half naked Mac, mmmm), Not What It Looks Like, and Summer in the City. I love the Mac/Adam scene in NWILL - Adam tells Mac he was born to do this work, and Mac praises Adam for doing good work, and Adam gets all nervous and flustered and happy. I love the Mac/Adam chemistry. :) Also, there's a scene where Mac and Angell go to this crook's apartment, and the guy has a tripwire set up to set off a gun and shoot anyone who sets it off, and Mac spots it, grabs Angell and pulls her out of the way and against the wall. Lucky Angell - I'd LOVE Mac to grab me. :devil: And of course PWM made me insanely jealous of Peyton - dinner and bed with Mac...hmmm, I think I'd skip the dinner part. :devil: PWM also has the tie scene. Silly Lindsay - doesn't she realize ties and all other items of clothing are supposed to be taken OFF of Mac, not put ON him? :devil: At least Stella knows ties are for taking off Mac, and Peyton evidently has the clothes thing right, too. They will have to give Lindsay a little talk about the Mac Taylor Clothes Policy, I think.

So, what do you guys like about Mac, aside from that he's hot? For e.g. one thing I love about him is that he really cares about and believes in protecting innocent people - for example he spoke in 'The Closer' about all the innocent people who died on 9/11, and then in What You See he seemed really bothered by the murder of that creep's mother. There are lots of other eps too where we see how much he hates it when innocent people are hurt/killed, and how he tries to help them - like he did with that woman in Night, Mother. Talking about Night Mother, another thing I like about Mac is the way he can see evidence in different contexts. In that ep, at first the evidence suggested the woman had killed that other woman, and Flack was all ready to put her away, but Mac was able to see past what the evidence first said, and realize she was innocent. I liked how he trusted his gut on that one. I think as the seasons have progressed, Mac's learned that trusting his gut instincts, something he's previously criticized other members of the team i.e. Danny for, is sometimes a good thing.

Fruitbat said Well I agree with the whole Night Mother ep.

Another insight in Mac’s character was “Oedipus Hex” We see at the end of the ep how much this affected Mac the waste of human life the senseless death of an innocent man trying to turn his life around. We see when Stella comes in to help Mac pack away the evidence that she knows how much it has affected her partner and friend.

Another example is “Officer Blue” his end comments to the shooter leave us in no doubt about how Mac feels.

I don’t understand the ones that say Mac is cold, I wonder sometimes if they are watching the same show as myself.

I know. I got an s3 box set for Christmas ( my mum knows I have a thing for NY and Mac :)) and I re-watched Oedipus Hex first, and I noticed that final scene too. Like you say, Mac is deeply affected by the man's senseless death. I think we see a similar thing in 'Mrs Azrael' - Mac says to Heather's mother that he doesn't understand anything about why she killed Nicole. He can't understand why she would take away an innocent girl's life when she had been given a second chance. In the earlier scene where Mac is taking the bandages off the dead girl, we again see how bothered he is by her senseless death. He handles her body so gently and respectfully, and you can see in his eyes he's deeply affected by it. And we see it in 'Live or Let Die' too when Mac is so disgusted with that doctor (Dr Beaumont) who stole the liver. I think Mac is disgusted not just because Beaumont thought he had the right to decide who lives or dies, but because the young intern Sean Hovac died for nothing, and now the doctor's wife will probably die too, and alone. Also, Mac says to Beaumont 'You know, you had something Mr Beaumont. Something that a some of us who suddenly lost a loved one never had. Time. Time to make the most of what was left. That's what's precious.' He's obviously referring to his own loss of Claire, and though I think he probably sympathizes with the doctor's frustration at being unable to save his sick wife, he can't understand why he would try to save her by stealing a liver which both endangers someone else's life and puts him at risk of losing the precious last weeks/months/years of his wife's life. Although Beaumont's wife is dying, he at least had time left with her to, as Mac puts it, 'make the most of what's left', something Mac never had, and something this scene makes clear he wishes he could have had. Perhaps he also knows from experience that having those last few months with a dying person is precious from what happened with his father's illness. Perhaps that's why he couldn't end it for his father even when he begged him to. Though his decision is clearly one he knows was right, you can see in the scene when he confides in Hawkes about what his father asked him to do that he still agonizes over it.

Also, both 'Live or Let Die' and 'Mrs Azrael' show, IMO, that Mac is far from cold. In 'Mrs Azrael' the scene where he first talks to both mothers and says he's sorry for their daughters' deaths, and the scene where he is taking the bandages from 'Nicole''s body, and the scene where he tells Hawkes about his father there is definitely emotion in his eyes/voice And in 'Live or Let Die' in that scene with the doctor, again there is a lot of emotion in his eyes/voice, particularly at the end when he talks about how precious having time left with your loved ones is.

Also, Mac says to Beaumont 'You know, you had something Mr Beaumont. Something that a some of us who suddenly lost a loved one never had. Time. Time to make the most of what was left. That's what's precious.' He's obviously referring to his own loss of Claire, and though I think he probably sympathizes with the doctor's frustration at being unable to save his sick wife, he can't understand why he would try to save her by stealing a liver which both endangers someone else's life and puts him at risk of losing the precious last weeks/months/years of his wife's life

I think that's a good point about Mac. I think that even though he tries his best to talk to grieving reletives he finds in difficult. Some people say that if you experience something yourself it is easier to help others when they are confronted with the same thing. However in mac's situation I think when he sees people who have lost a loved one it brings back all the memories of 9/11 so he closes off and finds it hard to connect. I think that the way cases effect him are a large part of his character and without those little scenes where we can see the emotion in his eyes, Mac as we know him wouldn't be there.

I liked how he trusted his gut on that one. I think as the seasons have progressed, Mac's learned that trusting his gut instincts, something he's previously criticized other members of the team i.e. Danny for, is sometimes a good thing.

I think that is another good development in Mac's character. However I think now he is beginning to act on instict rather by the rules so to speak it's starting to get him in trouble. Like in 'Past Imperfect' because the case effected him the way it did, he ended up getting in trouble with Sinclair. So even though he realises he has to follow instinct he knows that he has to control what he does which I think he has done quite well in season 4.

nattybatty55 said:
Also, Mac says to Beaumont 'You know, you had something Mr Beaumont. Something that a some of us who suddenly lost a loved one never had. Time. Time to make the most of what was left. That's what's precious.' He's obviously referring to his own loss of Claire, and though I think he probably sympathizes with the doctor's frustration at being unable to save his sick wife, he can't understand why he would try to save her by stealing a liver which both endangers someone else's life and puts him at risk of losing the precious last weeks/months/years of his wife's life

I think that's a good point about Mac. I think that even though he tries his best to talk to grieving reletives he finds in difficult. Some people say that if you experience something yourself it is easier to help others when they are confronted with the same thing. However in mac's situation I think when he sees people who have lost a loved one it brings back all the memories of 9/11 so he closes off and finds it hard to connect. I think that the way cases effect him are a large part of his character and without those little scenes where we can see the emotion in his eyes, Mac as we know him wouldn't be there.
Good point. I agree that Mac does struggle to connect with victims families because their pain brings back memories of 9/11. He genuinely feels for them, but doesn't know what to say or do for them, so throws himself into the cases and gets them solved as a way of helping them. He's not the kind of CSI who sits down and talks to and comforts them like say Stella or Horatio do - (Stella particularly does it with abused women after her experience with Frankie and Horatio with kids). But I love that Mac sometimes does manage to reach out to them and connect - he does with the coma victim in Blink, with the deaf woman in Silent Night, and with the kid's father in Supply and Demand. When Mac makes these connections, you really sit up and take notice, because he doesn't do it as often as other characters do. I also agree that this is an integral part of Mac's character, and it's a part I find really interesting and that I like in him. We have a very openly emotional, heart-on-his sleeve character in Danny. Mac is different, and I like that. But I wonder whether if he finally got some closure on Claire, if her remains were found, he would find it easier to connect more with grieving relatives. It would be interesting to see that happen. I do think that since s1 we have seen Mac open up and connect more with people, most noticeably Reed. I really hope we get more Reed next season, like Peyton, he opens up Mac, and I think also that Mac has learnt about connecting with people through his relationship with Reed - it was MAC who first reached out and tried to make a connection in their first meeting in the diner, and that's a big thing for Mac.

I liked how he trusted his gut on that one. I think as the seasons have progressed, Mac's learned that trusting his gut instincts, something he's previously criticized other members of the team i.e. Danny for, is sometimes a good thing.

I think that is another good development in Mac's character. However I think now he is beginning to act on instict rather by the rules so to speak it's starting to get him in trouble. Like in 'Past Imperfect' because the case effected him the way it did, he ended up getting in trouble with Sinclair. So even though he realises he has to follow instinct he knows that he has to control what he does which I think he has done quite well in season 4.
Another good point. Mac does seem to be learning that he can both work by the rules AND on instinct, and to trust his instinct (like in Sweet 16), and be careful to control it (Past Imperfect) and to trust others' instincts (he trusts Hawkes' feeling that Ryan Elliot isn't guilty in Live or Let Die.)

And now on a shallow note - I would love to connect with Mac. :devil: Oh, and he can pin me up against a wall like he did Beaumont any time he wants. :devil: :devil: And if Flack's there too, all the better. :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back