Locker Room #17: Danny/Carmine: Our Utility Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always thought of him as a mamas boy, he just seems the type of guy who has the repect for his dad but his mum if he doesnt turn up to dinner would kill him and its like he would know that and say and do the right things.

I see him as a mama's boy too. In RSRD when he was talking to Louie and mentioned their parents were on their way, he called their dad 'dad' but he called their mom 'mommy' which struck me as odd. It's not very often you hear a grown man say 'mommy'. Makes me think he's very close to his mother. Then again, maybe it's Louie who calls her mommy.

1CSIMfan said:
I see him as a mama's boy too. In RSRD when he was talking to Louie and mentioned their parents were on their way, he called their dad 'dad' but he called their mom 'mommy' which struck me as odd. It's not very often you hear a grown man say 'mommy'. Makes me think he's very close to his mother. Then again, maybe it's Louie who calls her mommy.

I don't know--Louie didn't seem like the type to refer to his mother as "mommy." That's a good point though about Danny calling his mom "mommy." I don't know that I've ever actually heard a grown man do that, lol. Danny can be very childlike sometimes.

Top41 said:
What I'd like to know, was Danny a mama's boy or a daddy's boy? It certainly seems like he was a mama's boy given that he makes some mention of his mother dressing him in one episode, but he's also mentioned stuff he's done with his dad. What do you guys think?
Definitely seems like a mama's boy to me. He's very emotional. But my main reason for believing he'd be a mama's boy is that family mob connections would presumably lie with his father and since he chose a different path, it would seem that he doesn't view as father as a man to be emulated. Therefore, in my mind, the tie to his father doesn't appear that great. I invision tension. But maybe that's just me.

Top41 said:
I don't know--Louie didn't seem like the type to refer to his mother as "mommy."
:lol: Yeah, I thought that was a long shot but couldn't pass up mentioning it.

MrsG said:
But my main reason for believing he'd be a mama's boy is that family mob connections would presumably lie with his father and since he chose a different path, it would seem that he doesn't view as father as a man to be emulated. Therefore, in my mind, the tie to his father doesn't appear that great. I invision tension. But maybe that's just me.
It's me too. ;) I think Louie is the daddy's boy.

I know that to swear on your mothers grave the mother should have passed BUT people actually use it as an expression a lot nowadays despite the fact that there mothers might still be alive and even though that's technically not the right way to use it. So it's possible he was just using the expression the wrong way because well, people do sometimes.

^^Seems like a lot of people do it anymore regardless.

I also thought he said "I swear on my mother" once...in RSRD when he went to tell Mac about the DNA match. :confused:

I think he said, "I swear, on my mother's grave ..." in On the Job because that's how badly he was trying to convince Mac he was telling the truth, not that his mother was actually dead. Run Silent, Run Deep proved that his mom's definitely still alive anyway.

Danny is totally a mommy's boy. :lol: Yeah, I've never heard a grown man refer to his mother like that either. :lol: It's rather sweet and endearing.

Does anyone agree that Carmine looked HOT in tha white thermal while questioning the 'mad hatter' in Wednesday's episode?? If anyone has pics please post!!

I think he said, "I swear, on my mother's grave ..." in On the Job because that's how badly he was trying to convince Mac he was telling the truth, not that his mother was actually dead. Run Silent, Run Deep proved that his mom's definitely still alive anyway.

Also in one of the episodes in season 3 he invited Hawkes over to his mothers place for supper or something so yep she's alive. And I agree Danny is very much attached to mama's apron strings :lol:

He said, "I swear on my mother's grave." in On The Job and "I swear on my mother." in RSRD. But yeah, he's totally a mama's boy.

I have no doubt that his parents are alive. I just want to know about Louie. Is he still in a coma? did he fully recover? It's been almost two years since RSRD, I can't believe they've ignored Louie that long.

^^Of all the things that irks me most about CSI NY is the blatant disregard for this storyline. I thought surely by now it would have been dealt with but its just been swept under a rug and I wonder if they will ever revisit it or just have the common courtesy to put fans out of their misery and just say what in the heck happened to Louie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back