Liev/Keppler Thread #1

*Gasp* Thats not fair!
*Runs after Liev and Forensics_girl* :p

For anyone who wants to see it/has the channel "The Daytrippers" is on tomorrow at 11:35am and 5:05pm on the Independent Film Channel.Just thought i would mention it.Im so excited to see it! :eek:

"BTW, when you're finished with hugging Leiv, can I be next? LOL. "

Lol forensics_girl,but I'm sorry.I have kidnapped him and he is now my prisoner.Better luck next time ^_^

as said on the C/Keppler ship thread
Keppler is very dark and brooding isn't he
he's been hiding a secret with him for 20 some years
then to learn that HE killed the wrong man and that Frank was the source of Amy's trouble so she killed herself

Yeah, that would make him pretty tormented, tortured and brooding.

I guess one topic we haven't really touched upon yet in this thread is Keppler's relationship with Nick. Besides Cath, Nick appeared to have the most interaction with him, in terms of working cases and such.

I don't know, some people might say Nick completely mistrusted Keppler, but I feel there was a point where Nick started to come around and respect Keppler, even if he didn't necessarily like him. Any other thoughts on their interaction?

I think Keppler was a great addition to the show,I feel bad they got rid of him so fast. :(
It would have been awesome if they had made him a regular character,it's good to add new characters from time to time and it could have been nice to see his interaction with Grissom having different points of view about a case for instance,and I think Catherine and him made a lovely couple.
Btw I find twisted characters more interesting than good guys ones.

RIP Keppler,we barely met you. :(

allmaple said:
that was a different situation where the victim actually was not a danger to the people. catherine has bent the rules so many times theres no way shed sit idley by if she was convinced someone raped her daughter.

but like AureliaPriscus said, he was 17, in love, and probably being coached by frank. he was young, impressionable, and majorly screwed up. where is the evil and where is the deal with the devil? even up until the day he died, keppler had no idea he killed an innocent man. the evil one was frank, not keppler. he got caught up in it.

No, of course not, allmaple . The evil was the reverse forensics and the promotion of distrust in the team. However, he made a deal with Frank, who was the devil incarnate, and couldn't break with it without giving up his soul. It was truly a Faustian allegory.

edog said:I guess one topic we haven't really touched upon yet in this thread is Keppler's relationship with Nick. Besides Cath, Nick appeared to have the most interaction with him, in terms of working cases and such.

I don't know, some people might say Nick completely mistrusted Keppler, but I feel there was a point where Nick started to come around and respect Keppler, even if he didn't necessarily like him. Any other thoughts on their interaction?

I agree. I think Nick actually appreciated Keppler's help at the last scene in "Meet Market", when Keppler offered to help him examine all those body parts.

And just to back up a little to Redrum, sometimes I wonder, if Nick was more angry that Catherine kept him out of the loop or if he was transferring anger at Keppler onto Catherine because Keppler managed to rope Catherine into an unsavory/unorthodox situation. Not to say Nick wasn't hurt by Catherine or what she was told she had to do, but I can't believe all of his anger was directed solely at her.

I think part of it was his disbelief that "the new guy" was able to manipulate so many key players in the lab (ie Brass, the Undersheriff, Cath) into going ahead with such a scheme. Haha, and now I've just labeled Keppler as a manipulator, which is a strong word, but I don't necessarily mean it in a negative way.

I guess what I mean is, Keppler knew there was only one way for the reverse forensics plan to work and he knew how to get others to believe in that plan. It's safe to say that none of them, including Keppler, thought highly of reverse forensics, but I think after all was said and done, the "reward" of catching a killer trumped most doubts.

And before I get too terribly long winded, let me wrap back around to Nick and Keppler. Seeing how Keppler was able to become such a key player in the lab himself, over such a short period of time, one has to wonder if Nick's lack of trust in Keppler was of a jealous nature. I don't mean in "boyfriend jealous" but "close friend jealous". Was it not a week or two prior to Keppler's arrival that Nick told Adam Novak that he and Cath got along just fine?

Even after the events of Built to Kill, Cath and Nick's relationship was still strong, maybe stronger. Keppler flew in and disrupted that. I think that right there is the starting point of Nick's ire, not necessarily his shock at Catherine's supposed mistrust in him. Eventually, a combination of those two events is what drove Nick to mutiny.

Anyway, that's why I find Nick and Keppler's brief history together so interesting. Feel free to disagree with me, but that's how I interpreted Nick's reactions in Redrum.

Naomi Watts expecting a baby with Liev Schreiber.

The Aussie actress, 38, is pregnant with her boyfriend of several years, Liev Schreiber, sources said. Us Weekly caught the blond bombshell at Pastis this weekend looking "visibly pregnant. Liev was smiling and looking at her stomach. They were cute." Schreiber and Watts have wanted a baby for some time now, friends told Page Six, and "no one would be surprised if they married soon, but kept it quiet.(USP).

Well congrats to them! Even if they won't openly admit it yet. Haha.

I wasn't aware he was on any late night tv. I'm sorry I missed it.

Yeah Liev was on Conan O'brien. He confirmed that he'll be a father, and that he won't name his baby Liev lol.
He mentioned CSI for a bit, Conan asked Liev how was his experience on CSI, because the show obviously has a cult following and then suddenly he had to fill in Billy's shoes. Liev said he had fun working on the show. He also said that he checked out online forums, and realized it was a mistake, because he read a lot of comments about him being ugly, lol!!! He's a fun guy, of course he didn't take those posts seriously, and in jest he said to Conan, 'I'm ugly but I have a hot girlfriend'
Then he said when his character was killed off, the people who were saying he's ugly were the first ones who complained and posted "he's creepy but you didn't have to kill him!"

Back