Let's Talk Gay

Status
Not open for further replies.
good for you Levon :)

that a weird way to look at things, quoth, usually femminine looking lesbians don't scare people because they can't tell.

my mom called me today to tell me that when she went down to the lake to see my stepdad at work she saw (and i quote) "a whole boatload of lesbians!!" "how did you know mom?" "because they looked just like you!!" she was excited and proud of herself that she could tell. she said she thought about going back home and getting her book "When Homosexuality Hits Home" and sitting on the dock and reading it. she cracks me up. but now its official, i'm dropping out of school to move back home and work at the dock :D

^^Awe, that's almost adorable how excited your mom sounded. Haha.

So today, I met up with some realitives. And like, ohh my gosh. They started going off about a family friend who is getting married to a girl, and she is also a girl. And they're going off about how shes so abnormal and it should be illegal for gay people to get married and so on. I like, just kinda put my head down and started playing with my food so I didn't have to say anything. It actually made me pretty upset though.

aww thats sad. people say things like that without even thinking that it could affect someone around them. my family used to say things like, about how wrong it was to be gay and stuff and after i came out i had some of my family members come to me and apologize for saying things like that. its a nice thought but it doesn't take away the fact that they thought those things.

midnightbellzza said:
^^Awe, that's almost adorable how excited your mom sounded. Haha.

So today, I met up with some realitives. And like, ohh my gosh. They started going off about a family friend who is getting married to a girl, and she is also a girl. And they're going off about how shes so abnormal and it should be illegal for gay people to get married and so on. I like, just kinda put my head down and started playing with my food so I didn't have to say anything. It actually made me pretty upset though.

^^ Thats so painfull, like being gay is a sickniss or so. I am happy that getting married as a gay couple is totaly legal here and most people accept it.. Lets hope those people really are going to look at it so different. But i get your feeling, i wouldnt say anything also any more its to painfull.

I had a similar situation yesterday actually. I had my family around, and they were all laughing about this person they know being gay. Laughing. Actually laughing. At her. :( I didn't say anything, I just didn't join in, you know? :rolleyes: Pathetic I know, but I'm not exactly one to speak up about these sorts of things, and no one knows I'm bi either, so yes... :rolleyes:

Some people are just rude. I mean they're ignorant and don't understand things.

I accept it, even thuogh it pisses me off. Like not everyone is going to have an opinion.

I'm the type of person who always stands up for gay people, like I always have their backs, just to be nice. And because it's the right thing to do :)

Yesterdays said:
Thanks! I'm glad I know what to do now, I'm only 15 so I've enough time to come out, and the country is not really a problem..

You remind me of my litle brother, but he's still nervous about telling anyone. He's not sure how his friends are going to react.

Telling your friends is just weird. Its like, part of you know they will accept it, but part of you still fears that they won't. That you'll lose them or something, I actually have a Catholic friend I still haven't told because she thinks gay people are disgusting. And well, I just don't want to tell her at the moment. I'm really not ready to deal with that.

Hmm, so my friend and her friend are trying to get me and this girl together. It's really sweet of my friend actually. So I talked to the girl a little bit, and being completley honest, she is really cute. We seem to have a similar personality, but not completley the same. I don't know what's going to happen really, and well, I don't care. She's sweet, and I need people like that in my life right now. Haha. Even if it is just a friendship.

hi everyone

haven't been here for a while. At this moment I am in England with Kerry. Been here for a couple of days now and will leave again on Sunday. We are living together this week and it feels damn good amazing.
Today and tomorrow Kerry's at work so I am on my own in our house. In a country I do feel uncertain in sometimes cause it feels different but I'll manage.

Levon, its nice of your friends to try and hook you up. My friends never do that. Thank God cause they would soooo pick the wrong girls for me :cool:

^Nice to know everything's working out for you :)

It's a shame about what people say about being gay without realising how hurtful it sounds to someone around them. My mum openly says things like 'Being gay is unnatural' and my brother once told me not to wear something because people would think I was a lesbian.

I just don't see what's so wrong about not being straight.

Awe, Chris (SaraSidle_Girl) I'm glad to hear you are having a good time :)

Uhh, unatural? Who made these natural unatural rules? They need a talking too! Haha, but it does get rather irritating, and can hurt.

I find it the hardest and most hurtful when family members say stuff like that. It's like, I love these people, and when they go bashing gay people, it's like, once I tell them, they will not love me anymore something. And it does rather discourage me about telling them.

Today my sister and I were talking, and she pointed out something very odd, she said parents always want you to come to you with your problems and your honesty, but when it comes to something like being gay, they don't want to hear it. I thought it was a very good, yet depressing point.

Chris, I'm so happy for you :D and Levon good luck with this [girl]friend.?

I don't see the other side of not being straight. In terms of opinions/beliefs. Today in school we had a long debate about gay marriage and everyone who was against it, seemed to be against it for relgious reasons. Except this one kid, who said he "sympathizes" with people who have gay relatives. It pissed a lot of people off.

Some people are ignorant, and I accept that. I don't agree with it, but ignorance happens.

Hey everyone, been away for a while... but I have a funny story to share.

Finally I'm home again, so naturally what I did was spending the whole day in bed with my girlfriend ;). Anyways, while we were at it we heard some funny noises outside the door but didn't think much about it. So, when we got up a while later to get some food, we found a pamphlet on the floor that someone must have thrown inside through the mail slot. Funny thing, it was a booklet from the local church... pretty ironic I'd say, considering what we've been preoccupied with when they came by :lol:

Yeah, we had a pretty good laugh over it.

^^Haha, omgg, that is hilarous! Really ironic, but hilarous!

Hmm, well, okay, I have a friend ask me the stupidest question. She asked me if I could tell her if this girl has a crush on her. I was like "Umm, I'm gay, not pshycic" but she's convinced that I can tell her :lol: I was like "umm, gaytar and being pshycic, two different things" She's such a weirdo :p

^hahaha Mia, that's prizewinning! I would have died. Levon, your friend's a weirdo :D

The other day in school, I made a new gay guy friend :D He's so funny. Like we just sit there and check out people. It's so fun! He has like super gaydar and was like "Are you a lesbian?" and I just laughed and blushed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back