Let's Talk Gay

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by MiaCharlize, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

:lol: Mia that's hysterical, I have to say :p I mean I've read about things like that but hearing of it actually happening?? :lol:

So my mom and I were talking the other day and she told me she had talked to my dad about the whole gay-thing (he wasn't supposed to know :rolleyes:) and then she said "And guess who else?" and I said, "Oh my God, don't say Grandma..." Now my grandmother is a great person and I love her dearly, don't get me wrong, but she's from the south, and she's very strongly opinionated :eek: And she just told me that everyone is behind the entire way, and they are going to be as supportive as they can :) But the way she told me about my grandma had me guessing if she suspected it all along :lol: She said "And out of the blue she just said 'And I know Ann thinks she's gay, and she might be!'" :lol:

Anyways, it's good to get that off my chest :p

2. Jorja_Rain

Jorja_Rain Lab Technician

yeah, i was quite funny, actually. I picked up the pamphlet from the floor, read where it was from, told Mia, and she looked at me, her eyes growing wider, and then we both started laughing hysterically :lol:

Anyway, I seem to have amazing gaydar, too :D. The other day we were driving in my car when I saw two women standing next to each other at a traffic light. We were approaching them, and even though I still dont know why, I said to Mia, "I think she's gay". Mia looked confused, but when we drove past them we saw them holding hands, and I was like "STRIKE" *raises hand*. I was so proud to have spotted a lesbian who didn't look like a stereotype :D.

Btw, this was sent to me by a friend of mine :D

[​IMG]

3. never_again

never_again Witness

4. Fool4love

Fool4love Police Officer

LMAO ^^ That comic is brilliant Jorja_Rain.

Personally i think my gaydar is pretty good. Not that it matters because i only seem to fall for straight girls anyway. Whats that about??

5. Jorja_Rain

^I used to only fall for straight girls, too. Let's just say I slowly grew to hate straight people in general :p. But don't give up hope, I almost had when all of a sudden I found my gay girl :D

6. never_again

never_again Witness

At least I have some hope then. :)

On a random note: I want a labrys pendant, I've found a really nice one online, but I can't buy it without my parents finding out! I'm going to have to wait until I have enough money and then buy another necklace (they had loads of gothic-y ones) from the same shop as a xmas present for someone.

7. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

its been a while since i've been in here! okay, Mia, that pamplet thing is kinda freaky but really funny. quoth, thats great that your family is supporting you :)

for some reason i started calling other gay people i didn't know "family" and its caught on with my real family and my friends. we'll be out in public and my dad will say hey look! theres family! its a lot nicer than what he used to say. :p in school on band trips we'd be in a mall and i'd get a text message from someone saying "i just seen family. food court. hurry and confirm." like i'm the freakin authority on gay people.

i don't know where straight people got the idea that we all know eachother. like theres a list somewhere that we all memorize. "is your 3rd cousin in michigan gay? yeah, he joined last fall. i saw his name on the list"

8. Gaby

Gaby Rookie

jorja rain. Dont give up on straight people in general! some of us are cool.

i was wondering if you could help me. A guy mate came out to me last year and i was the only one that knew for a while. The thing is that hes never been with anyone, never kissed anyone let alone another guy. Hes 17 and although hes sure hes homosexual im not sure if its something to do with the death of his father when he was 7. He craves male affection, just hugs, and im not sure wether to enourage him to meet other guys or wether this is just a phase brought on by the absence of male affection?? plse help

xxxxx

9. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Cool idea, go for it. I have one too (my mother bought it, funny story) I love it... reminds me, I should wear it more often :p

I also have a tattoo that is a dragon but has the shape of a labrys. Nobody seems to pick up on that though... guess it's not obvious enough... :confused:

10. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

Gaby I don't know if anything to do with his father death would effect that. I mean it could, but I don't know.

When something happened to me when I was 14, something terrible, when I went to therapy my thearpist told me because of what happened, that I was more likley to turn out gay. A lof of people think that because of what happened, that is the reason. I personally think it's complete bullshit. I'm not scared of guys, I will hang out with them, I think I turned out gay because that's who I am. Not because of what happened and what a thearpist told me.

So with your friend Gaby It's hard to say. I mean, there is a possibility, but I don't know.

11. Jorja_Rain

Well, i personally think the whole idea of some event in your life turning you gay is not only stupid but also incredibly dangerous. You know, I have never been subject to any kind of male domination/harm etc, and neither has my girlfriend. Both of us, though, grew up with single mothers, so if anything, we should be craving male affection, seeing as that is what we lacked...but we don't, and I have a healthy relationship with my mom, so there's no lacking there, either.

Just ask yourself one question: Why does it matter? He's gay, he's only 17, but I assume you are, as well? Yet, do you question your own sexuality? Do you ever wonder if you yourself could be gay and being straight might only be a phase you're going through? My guess is you don't, so stop wondering about why he's gay, accept him for who he is and don't judge him based on his sexuality. There's nothing wrong with being gay, and it shouldn't concern you whether it's just phase or not. He's attracted to guys, just as you are, I presume, and that's all there is to it.

12. never_again

never_again Witness

Gaby If he was just suffering from a recent loss then maybe this would affect him. However, he must have made a choice to come out, which is quite a big thing in itself. I think it would be more helpful to help, rather than question him.

Mia That sounds like a very cool tattoo. :) I want a small labrys pendant to wear at school, because there's so much sort of homophobic comments there (being an all girl's school) I want something to remind me to not let it get to me. :)

13. Nienna Berylla

Nienna Berylla CSI Level Two

I am so sorry, i am reading everything around here.. I dont forget you all at the moment but i dont know how to react on you all. Just having a big problem lately with my Girlfriend.. Still didnt find the guts to say to her that it is over and she is driving me grazy and mad.. Dont know what to do because now i read that she just dont want to life any more and i am so afraid i've i tell her its over that she is goign to make it true.. What shall i do about it.. ??? i am so confussed!!

14. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

^Berylla, I've never broken up with a girl, I wish I could help :(

I don't have a lack of either parent. I have a dad and a mom. I don't lack male or female affection. Though I am much closer to my dad, due to personal issues with my mom. But I think I was just born to be gay. That sounds weird, but nothing horrible happened to me to push me towards girls. It just happened.

15. EyeHeartH

EyeHeartH CSI Level One

I'm bi, and lately there's been this girl that's caught my attention at my school. At a party a few weeks ago, I told a few of my gay male friends that I had feelings for her. They asked me if I would ever consider being with her and I said absolutely (they also said that we'd make a cute couple :D). However, we're not sure if she's lesbian, bi, or straight, and I have fears that if I talk to her about it, our relationship as friends won't be the same if she's only straight. However, she's a tomboy for sure, and we have the same sense of humour, same taste in music, and same style. I'm certain she's not the type of person to see someone differently based on their sexual orientation seeing as she hangs out with the same guys I talked to at the party. What do you all think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.