Let's Talk Gay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't say I've ever been directly offended by a comment such as "That's so gay," but I still think it's stupid. I've been called a dyke multiple times before, which is so retarded, not only because it's retarded but because I'm not gay. :lol: I had short hair one of those times, and at all the others, I was wearing my school uniform. My junior high was an all-girls school, and since we had uniforms it was easy to identify. For some reason, there is this incredibly unjustified, insulting, and clearly wrong rumour going around that "everyone there are dykes," and I guess someone just assumed that I'd fall into that category. I kind of just laughed it off, but really, it just the stupidest thing ever; being stereotyped like that.

Okay, well, that was a bit of rambling...Anyway. I can't even believe how retarded it is that people use phrases like "That's so gay." Gays are just another group of people, and to start saying "That's so gay" all the time, well, heck, they might as well say "That's so straight." :lol: It just doesn't make sense.

Okay. I'm done now.

^ I'm not gay and I get the 'are you a boy?' thing all the time because I wear boys jeans because they're the ones that fit me. It used to be offending but people can think what they want, yet when people say 'that's so gay' I stare them down and they look away and are quiet for a while. It's pretty sad what's become acceptable these days, and to the people who grow up thinking it's okay to talk like that- until I was 10 I didn't realize that the mean things people say are actually not okay.
Sorry about that ih214. :( *hugs*

i think the fact that i pass for a guy is why i never get any negative comments made toward me. if it were obvious that i was a girl in mens clothes i think i would get called things like 'dyke' more often. which in all honesty i am a stereotypical dyke. doesn't bother me but its not who i am. if that makes any sense lol. but the passing thing usually works to my advantage. my best friend is a guy and the male freshman dorms can't have the opposite sex in dorm rooms past 11 and i stay until like 2 or 3 in the morning and never get a word said to me because they never pay attention to the name on my id. :p

i was the same way cainesugar as i got older i started realizing that things i heard from my parents and other people weren't acceptible. i guess the point to that is that we do grow up and learn the difference, not just about homophobia but discrimination in general. some people don't realize that when they get older and that just passes the hate into another generation.

Ok. So i have only ever posted in this thread once before and ive always kinda been scared to post here because im striaght. But The thing i hate is the stereotypes. They annoy me so much. Like people just assume that my brother (who is gay) prances around in a dress, when in fact he is just a normal boy. Or people assume that just because a friend of mine is gay means that she is all manly but she isnt because she is actaully pretty girly!

I mean i just dont get why the stupid stereo types still exist because you see homosexual people everywhere shattering there stereotypes alll the time.

Ok sorry for randomly appearing and posting. :)

haha the worst thing is when people are gay and hangout with straight people and others assume "omgsh! they totally are "doing stuff"!" It's just like shut up, your dumb.

ahhh. stereotypes drive me crazyy!

I know! That's what people started doing to my friend and me and this other group of people. Other people assumed that some of us must have been bi or something because my friend was gay, but that wasn't true. We were just friends. That's all. :rolleyes:

OMG...I feel sick. I'm about to come out to my family tomorrow and tell them I'm bi. Gulp. I know they'll still love me but I'm still scared.

Sorry for getting OT, but I had to tell someone else before I told them.

Aaralyn_J said:
OMG...I feel sick. I'm about to come out to my family tomorrow and tell them I'm bi. Gulp. I know they'll still love me but I'm still scared.

Sorry for getting OT, but I had to tell someone else before I told them.

You're not off-topic, actually that's what this topic is about :) I went out to breakfast with my dad today ("out"... no pun intended :lol: :p) and I almost told him, but I figured I'd get the same speech from my mom about me being too young to know.

I actually told my mom one time, "Is it not enough to say I'm attracted to women?" and she said, "...Well, that might have something to do with it..." :rolleyes: :lol: :p

Good Luck, Aaralyn_J. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say We're here for you if you need anything. Good Luck [=
I hope it goes well.

quoth_the_raven said:
I actually told my mom one time, "Is it not enough to say I'm attracted to women?" and she said, "...Well, that might have something to do with it..." :rolleyes: :lol: :p

:lol: Maybe just a little bit. :p I remember one day I was skating in a park with two of my most drastically straight boyfriends, and there were a lot of chicks around, and one of them said "Man, I love the view around here!" and I said "Yeah, I do too." and they both looked at me as if I was an alien or something. I had to play dumb and tell them I thought they were talking about the trees and flowers. :rolleyes:

Good luck, Aaralyn_J, I hope everything's going to be okay with them!

I wish you so much luck Aaralyn_J. I found it scary to come out to my friends, sister, and cousin, I can't even imagine parents (still haven't said anything yet to them :p).

God, I want to tell my friend so badly that I'm gay, but I'm terrified too. She's all like super catholic, and always talks about how being gay is disgusting and stuff, so I'm like scared to tell her. But I'm so tired of pretending. She'll be like "Oh my god, that guy is so hot, don't you agree?" and I'll have to be like "yeah" even though I don't really give about that guy. Like agh, I hate it, and I want to tell her, but I'm afraid I'll lose our friendship.

CatherineWillows said:
I want to tell her, but I'm afraid I'll lose our friendship.

I might sound a little cinical, but you won't lose much if finding out you are gay proves impossible for her to accept. If she's a true friend then she'll accpet this. If she doesn't, it means she doesn't really love you. What real good friend would be able to dump you just because you're gay? I'm not going to point out the obvious. ;)
None of us should be afraid to lose a friendship because of our sexual preferences, though I'm aware it's easy to say... I've had myself some difficulties in telling my two best friends, but eventually they metabolyzed the pretty puzzling news and now everything is exactly like before. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back