Lets rp... LV style

She smiled a little at his concern. "We're ok. I just had my phone on vibrate for a bit and didn't feel it right away. The officers say she's at Desert Palms, room 214. The aunt and mom had Nevada liscenses, but nothing on there socials or financials. They didn't owe anybody money. They were squeaky clean. What I don't get is what set him off."

Grissom sighed and placed his other hand on his cheek, leaning on his elbow. "Hmmm, so apparently then something behind the scenes is going on if she didn't legally owe anything to anybody. So, Room 214 at Desert Palms, got it. If I hear anything, I'll let you know." At that he hung up the phone and went to set it down only for it to start ringing. He sighed, apologetically smiled at Olivia and answered. "Grissom."

"Grissom! Where are you? You said you were waiting for the results!"

"Sorry, Hodges, we were hungry so we hit the diner. What's up?"

"I've gotten the results back is what's up! She was drugged with a strange chemical, probably doused a rag with it and threw it over her mouth, and it's so heavy that she wouldn't remember anything that happened within the previous hour meaning..."

"She wouldn't hear the murder of the mother but she was stirring so he hung low until after she fled and then shot the aunt to leave her for dead. What about..." He gulped, trying to say the very words he was dreading. "What about the DNA test?" He heard Hodges sigh before the verdict.

"It's a girl, Gris. She's yours, boss. I'll let you go." His eyes diverted to Olivia taking in her striking resemblence to himself as more than just a coincidence now. 'I'm a father.' Not taking his eyes off of her, he closed his cell phone as the food arrived, the meatball sandwich he longed for earlier now the least of his worries.

"O-O-Olivia, ummm," he barely managed, clearing his throat. "I'm going to have to make a call from outside the diner. It's about your mommy and I can't let people hear it, okay? You'll be all right in here, I'm just going right outside the door." Grabbing a few fries from his plate and a shaky smile, he unstabily rose from the booth and almost ran into three people as he staggered through the front door where his knees gave out. He landed hard on his knees, startling a couple as they turned to go in the door.

"Sir! Sir are you all right? Jacob, help him up." The young man kneeled down as Grissom shook his head, trying to control his breathing.

"No, no really, I'm fine." The woman and her husband grabbed each of his elbows and helped him to his feet, each casting worried glances toward him.

"Of course you're not fine!" The man exclaimed, trying to sturdy the swaying Grissom. "Look at you! Pale as a winter snow and shaking more than frightened child! We're calling an ambulance." At this the man pulled out a cell phone despite Grissom's furious shaking of his head. A few more people gathered around, trying to be nosy and figure out the fuss.

"Sir, the ambulance'll be here in a moment. Do you have any family, any children inside?" Grissom went to shake his head, but stopped when he thought of Olivia. Hodges words still rang in his ears, "She's your's, boss."

"I'm a father. Olivia, she-she's my-my daughter." And at this, Gilbert Grissom fainted, overcome at the thought of parenthood.

Sara was bagging more evidence when her cell rang again. "Sidle. What? Wait, slow down, Doc. What happened? Youre sure it was him? Ok, I'll be right there." She turned to the others. "That was Desert Palms ER. They just took Griss in. They say he fainted."

Nick shook his head. "no, i bet i know what it is..." he looked at cath and sara. "i bet it has something to do with olivia... and there striking resemblence." he looked at sara and put his stuff on the bed as he rushed out the door. "im going to see him. if you wanna come, follow me" he said as he walked down the hall.

"you two can go if u want and ill continue processing the scene, just tell me anything extra i need to know" Catherine said this quite emotionless she knew how grissom must be feeling after having a daughter of her own "ill call him later - tell him i hope hes ok" she gave a half hearted smile

Sara hopped in her Denali and followed Nick. What if Olivia was Grissom's? Wait, maybe.. No, it couldn't be. What if she was hers, too? What if that was why she felt so strongly for her. Her head was spinning. She sort of remembered that night. They'd both been blotto and had sort of fallen into each other's arms. Could it be?

His eyes felt heavy and his head hurt, very very badly. Swimming through the fog, Grissom managed to open his eyes and jump, hurridly shoving his hands in his face. He was in the hospital, he passed out. And to make it worse, Sara and Nicky were walking through the door. Sitting against the propped pillow, he looked at the monitors around him and sighed. Such an overreaction to parenthood. Wait,...

Parenthood.
Children.
His new found child.
Olivia. "Where's Olivia? Can one of you ask a nurse where Olivia is?" Glancing around the room, he started worrying. Where is she? Did something happen? Did someone take her? Did all this worrying come with parenting? But wait, the only time he...Sara.

Sara was the mother. But how?! How possibly could Sara be the mother?! She was never pregnant, and if she was, she'd tell me, right? Looking straight at Nick and Sara he sighed. "Well, I guess I owe an explanation."

Grissom sighed and shook his head, glaring at Sara because undoubtedly she knew. But nevertheless, he smiled at Olivia and sighed again. "I'm sorry Olivia. I was just informed of some very...large news and I got a little, well, excited and nervous and anxious at the same time. You know, do you want to go see your auntie? Nurse!"

A nurse quickly came in looking at him calmly. "Ah, Mr. Grissom you've awakened, that's good. I'll notify the doctor to get you checked, what is it that you need?"

"Well, my d- my friend here, Olivia, wants to go see her aunt in room 214, and I can't go and I need to speak with my collegeus. We're with the Las Vegas Crime Lab." The nurse nodded and took Olivia's hand. She seemed hesitant, but he nodded and smiled for her to go, and she went.

There was still Nick and Sara to tackle, just another two mountains in the way. "She's mine. Olivia is my daughter." Staring at Sara, he tried forcing silently with a stare,"OUR daughter, Sara. Why didn't you tell me?"

Catherine walked into the room after finishing processing the scene "Hey Gil" she said cheerfully happy to see him awake, she then noticed the tension in the room, she looked at Nick confused then at the faces of Gil and Sara "ok, whats going on here i thought the doc said you were going to be alright?" looking around at their blank faces

Grissom sighed, shaking his head. "Everything besides my very confused mentality is fine. Catherine, Olivia - she's my daughter. And we might know who the mother is too..." Glancing briefly at Sara, he gazed upon her with sadness and the feeling of having a stake shoved in your heart.

"It was just shocking, realizing one moment you're just a girl's babysitter and the next, you're her father she has no idea about. I was going to call you guys," he began, addressing all of them. "To tell you about the drug test and the DNA test. My mind just kept focusing on the results of the DNA test, I guess it just was overwhelming.

"Sara, I'm not angry. Not at all. But please, I just want to know." He searched her, her face still preoccupied with the floor tiles, wishing she would just open to him.

"Oh my God" said Catherine looking at Nick then back and forth at Gil and Sara "And.." she said realising Sara was the mother "Is this how you knew each other before working in Vegas?"

Back