Lets rp... LV style

Grissom sighed. "It's a possibility, it would explain why she didn't remember much. I'll have to get a blood sample and send that to Hodges too. If there's nothing else you got for me, pass the phone along to Sara, I need to talk to her about something." Tapping his finger against the phone, he opened the door and smiled at Olivia again, trying to coax her out of her sanctuary.

Grissom nodded to Olivia and instinctivly grabbed her hand, smiling down at her. "Just follow me, it won't be long. I know you're doing your best and I'm trying to find out where Auntie Rosa is so we can go visit her." He watched where he was going, his face suddenly serious as he weaved through the labs and went to Hodges.

"Hodges, I need you to process this now." Hodges turned around sitting on a chair in the middle of reading a book. "Nothing to do? I've got something to do. Hang right here by the door Olivia." He smiled toward her and walked over to Hodges who instantly set down the book and stood up.

"What'dya got?"
"I need you to compare DNA from this swab and my DNA on file for any resemblence. I need to find out if this girl is related to me." Whispering the last part in his ear, Hodges' eyes grew wide and whistled soft and low.
"Gotcha, anything else?"
"Yeah, hold on, I need to get a blood sample from her. Olivia, can you come here please?" Picking her up and sitting her on a chair, Grissom kneeled down and sadly smiled. "I need you to be a brave girl again while Mr. Hodges here, my friend, gives you a needle. We just want you to be okay. Hodges." Grissom nodded, Hodges nodding back with gloves on and the needle ready, just to draw the blood from the skin. Grabbing her hands, Grissom leaned over to match her height.

"Just watch me, okay? Ready, one, two, three." Hodges stuck the needle into her arm, wiggling it around slightly, and quickly pulling it back out. Wiping the needle and small bleeding hole with another swab, he collected Olivia's blood as Grissom held out a small box. "Pick a band-aid, and thank you." Sitting the box on her lap, he realized Sara still hadn't picked up yet on the phone on his ear. "Sara? Sara, are you there?! Hodges, drug test it. Call me as soon as they're done, actually a minute before they'll be ready so I can get here as they finish." Grissom gave him a steady look and helped Olivia place the small neon purple band-aid on her upper arm. Helping her down, he smiled again and led her back through the maze of labs and stopped at the breakroom. "Are you hungry? Thirsty? Do you need anything? Sleep?" He sounded like a worried father. 'In fact,' he chuckled,'I guess I'm sort of a surrogate one.'

Grissom laughed. "Well, considering you've probably been in my office for a good three hours and didn't eat before you ran, I'd say you'd be hungry. So, let's see what we can scrape up, shall we? Ah! I know. Do you like diners, because I know a pretty good one where the team meets up a lot." Looking at his phone, he closed it and decided when she was available, she could call. The way she worked, so ambitiously and hands on... 'STOP!!!!' Shaking his head, he turned back to Olivia, waiting for an answer.

Meanwhile back at the scene Cath and Sara had continued to process it. Catherine continued to assess the body and found a piece of material in the mums other hand. She held it up with her tweezers "hey Sara, Nick do you think this is a part of Olivias top - its the same colour?"

Grissom smiled at the little girl. "Alright, let's go then." Walking her out the door and into the bright sunlight, he opened the back seat door of the Tahoe and helped her up in it before getting into the driver's seat himself. "All buckled up back there?" Starting the ignition, he drove off down the streets to the small diner the team gathered at usually. Hopping out of the car, he helped Olivia out and held her hand again, not risking anyone taking her. The small bell jingled as he walked in the door, smiling to the watrices(sp?) who knew him and his team. The hostess smiled at him and picked up a child and adult menu.

"Right this way, Mr. Grissom." Following the young woman to a booth by a window, he thanked her and sat in the bench across from Olivia and looked at his cell phone. Sara still hadn't called, so he picked up his cell phone and dialed Sara's cell this time.

"Get whatever you want, Olivia. And we can always bring leftovers to the lab." Looking at the menu himself, he listened to the ringing in his ear.

Grissom smiled at Olivia after scanning his menu as well, finally deciding on a small meatball sandwich. "The burgers here are pretty good I hear." Finally, he heard someone pick up on the other end of the line.

"Sidle." Grissom sighed, worry put aside now that he knew she was fine.

"Hold on a sec, Sar. Olivia, if the waitrice comes while I'm on the phone, can you please tell her that I want the meatball sandwich and a coffee? Okay Sara, are you guys all right because I told Nick to hand you his phone when I called him and then I tried you a couple of times and you didn't answer. Oh well, you remember that playground homicide that was unsolved a few months ago? Well, that mild hispanic man fleeing the scene we couldn't catch wanted money from the aunt. Olivia said that she was there when he told her quote, "This isn't over.", when the aunt wouldn't fork over the money. Now did you find any identification or last name for the family and do you remember what hospital the aunt was taken to? I was going to try to hit there next if Hodges didn't call in the results."

He watched as Olivia ordered their food and the watrice nodded at Grissom, who nodded back, and turned back to the matters at hand.

Back