"Leggo our Greggo!" - Greg/Eric discussion thread # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
speakerset its only a spoiler if it hasn't aired in the USA (all time zones). In this case the ep "Fannysmackin'" has so its no longer considered a spoiler.

Elizabeth, Hi, If you want more info on that ep, there is an discussion thread already on it, it has alot of info and some play by play.

Wojo said:
Speaking of movies, acording to EricSzmandaWeb Eric's movie Little Athens comes out today on DVD.

That was the orignal release date but the dvd will come now out on november 21st instead. :)

Thanks for the info Destiny, just wanted to make sure that if it was considered a spoiler, no one would get upset if I described it in detail on the discussion thread, plus it was the Eric/Greg discussion thread, it'd be better not to go too much into detail, that's saved for the epi thread or the spoiler thread.

i would like to say that i have never thought of eric/greg as only a sex object but thething is that you can have fun talking about some facts :devil: without being "immoral"
in this forum i think that we all consider eric as a great actor...no doubt about it
so i wish to all of you a good day

Well the PG-13 rating keeps things in check around here. So none of our discussions are 'immoral'. There are minors and others (christians) beside the adults present and we respect that. So we adimire Eric's acting as well as his good looks and there is nothing 'immoral' about that.

i'm sorry maybe you misunderstood me and i wasn't meaning that some of our discussion was "immoral' actually i don't think they are..they are all fun for me
i'm sorry if i wasn't clear enough...i still need to improve my english
i'm really sorry

My take on the whole "boxers vs. briefs" discussion, especially comments about him waking up all hot and sweaty after having a nightmare, was that it wasn't so much immoral as it was, in my opinion--take it for what it's worth--degrading. Reading these posts two questions came to mind: 1) Do we really want to talk like this about an actor/character we say that we love and respect?, and 2) Would we want someone saying such things about us?. My personal answer to both those questions is DEFINITELY NOT. It's not so much a question of morality as it is taste. What if by some strange chance Eric would read these posts. One some level he might be amused, yes, but on another he might not be. Personally, I know if I were a celebrity with a huge fan base I wouldn't want my fans speculating on what type of underwear I wear--even if it was all in fun, but that's just me. And I'm not saying that I doubt the respect anyone has for Eric, I think we can do a much better job of showing it. I just think we need to stop and think about what we're saying about Eric/Greg, because we're also saying a lot about ourselves that we might not realize.

*Coughs*

On a completely different change of subject... I had an AMAZING dream last night involving CSI and Eric... I dreamt that for some reason CSI decided to come film an episode or something in our backyard, and the whole cast was having a little party thing and I saw Eric and I was squealing and jumping up and down of course... :D So I ran inside to get a picture of him to sign but I couldn't find one so I had to print one off the computer but it wasn't working for some reason and by the time I came back I couldn't find him... :( But then I think later on I found him and I got his autograph! :D I was so mad when I woke up and realized it was a dream, it felt SO real!! I think I had a dream about Eric/Greg last week too... I'm watching way too much CSI lol! :p

*cough*

Awww sherlockanne that's a great dream! :D I'd get upset too when I wake up and realize it's just a dream :lol:

Now that we're discussing dreams... Well the only dreams I had with Eric/Greg in it are strange ones. Once I dreamt of playing ping pong with him... on a TENNIS court! :lol: (so random, I know :rolleyes: I don't even play ping pong OR tennis!)
And the other dream was of him working undercover in a gang or mafia (I had just watched The Departed, so go figure :lol:) Then he gave me a bag full of money for me to hide. A few guys ran after me and so I hid it in a bathroom (no idea why). When it's safe again, I went back, but couldn't find the bag. I went back to Greg and told him "I lost it!" He just said reassuringly, "You'll find it. I know you'll find it." ... Almost hit my alarm clock for going off before I could find it :lol:
The third dream was a bit Sandle-ish. I dreamt of childhood Greg and Sara playing in a sandbox :) It's just really cute.
See, my Eric/Greg dreams never moved beyond PG! :lol:

Hmm talking about childhood Greg... What do you think Greg's childhood was like?

i don't know why i feel he must have feel alone
he couldn't play any sports,...
but i do really think that he was really close of his parents, that they really showed him that they loved him...to make him the good guy he is now

I could see that too. I think his parents really teach him the good values as a kid that he grew up to be the good person he is now. I think I read somewhere that in CSI books it is hinted that Greggo was a child prodigy? But it's possible, seeing now how smart he is.

He might feel alone, yea could be. Might feel a bit of an outcast with his intelligence (if it's true of him being child prodigy) and you know, he couldn't play any sports. But he's got that outgoing, fun, vibe... a good sense of humour... so maybe even though he didn't have too many friends, he would have close friends that are really close. I think he was a good, adorable kid too. Like now, you cannot not like him :D
I think he's close to his family, not just his parents, but also grandparents. It's just the way he talks about Nana and Papa Olaf.

I think that where he was an only child, like you said, he was close to his parents, he said that his mother kept him close, his father would take him sailing and he has talked about his grandparents as well.

I think being so smart, having those braces for five years, being the captain of the chess team, an Eagle scout and a coin collector (that his grandfather started him out on) he probably was sort of the outcast--but because of his smarts-you all know how kids can be sometimes, maybe the sort that walked into class fast and took a seat so he wouldn't be really noticed (but I could be totally wrong about that), I've always thought that he wanted to be part of the team, be part of say, the cool group and that's why he wanted to be a CSI, he never got to be part of a team (other than the chess one) and he probably wanted that more than anything.

But back to what he was like a kid, probably very likeable, the sort that wants to know things, that listened to people just to learn, polite and well meaning, and probably sensitive too, like he is right now. Can he be more adorable?? :)

Silhouette said:
I think I read somewhere that in CSI books it is hinted that Greggo was a child prodigy?

Yeah, I remember reading that. I think it was mentioned in the Wikipedia article about the character. At least, that's where I remember reading it. You may have read it somewhere else.

I don't think it could be possible for Greg to get any more adorable. :D He's a rare type these days. Such a sweetie. I would love to know how much of a difference there is characteristic-wise between Eric and Greg. He seems like a really nice guy. :)

speakerset said:
Can he be more adorable?? :)
Umm... No :lol:

I can't remember where I read about the prodigy thing. Probably Wikipedia. Has anyone read the CSI books who can confirm this?

Good point, speakerset. With the braces for 5 years, captain of chess club, couldn't play any sports... I think he was the shy and quiet type. Even though he's now funny and... a bit hyper :lol: I think as a kid he was the shy type, someone who's quiet when you first meet him, but after you know him better he's actually funny. And maybe the type of kid so adorable that other parents love him :D I could imagine little Greggo looking so cute and adorable and sweet that you just wanna pinch his cheeks or mess his hair :lol:

Another thing, that Mia said she heard from Sara, Greg didn't lose his virginity till college? So I don't think he was that good with girls when he was younger. But you know, you could see a hint of that even now. Like around Sara he still seems shy and nervous (like in Organ Grinder).

A rare type. I second MMForbiddenDonut. So rare that he should've been labeled 'endangered species' :lol:
I remember Jonathan Togo said that at first Ryan was based on him, so it's possible that Greg was once based on Eric. I think I heard about it too somewhere? Like, how in the casting tape Eric was having the crazy hairstyle and bright shirt or something like that, so it became Greg's? :lol: Don't quote me on this though, my memory sucks :lol: Though I think it's be funny if it's true.

I was going to mention the "virginity" thing too (I can't be the only one that thought that Sara maybe shouldn't have told Mia that), I also think he's not been that lucky with the ladies, or, more to the point, he's a little insecure with them (he had to have had those braces-including the headgear sometime near or in high school which probably didn't help--but call me crazy I I've always thought a guy with braces is adorable)..the look at who he flirts with, Catherine, Sara, Mia, Wendy..they are sort of the "unattainable" ones (but Wendy did sort of throw him for a loop when she told him to take her and her friend out for dinner) but anyway, he flirts with them because it's almost safe too, he wouldn't get hurt from any sort of rejection there...remember the stripper, she called him harmless..if anyone could read a man it would be her..and he is sweet, but that's my point, it lends itself to what I've always thought..Greg is a geek in hiding, he so tries to be cool, and granted I think he is, but I think even the other CSI's know it's just sort of a persona..he showed his hand a few times like with not knowing how to pronounce "Tupac" with that scene with Sara, and the whole "scuba diving" story in that scene with Nick..He's too adorable and the little bit of insecurity added to the BRAIN POWER that he has..it just makes him totally irresistible, well to me anyway, just that intelligence alone can be attractive, but throw in everything else--it's the total package.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back