"Leggo our Greggo!" - Greg/Eric discussion thread # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
OKay as promised this is some stuff written in the new Ulimate CSI about Greg. Hope you find it intresting...

NORWEGIAN-DESCENDED Greg Hojem Sanders was born on May 7, 1975, in Santa Gabriel, CA. From a very early age, he showed aptitude in the sciences, with a particular flair for chemistry. He excelled as an Eagle scout, and earned all his badges in record time. Greg was educated in a private school for gifted students and graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Stanford university a year early. After a stint with the San Francisco police department, Greg joined the Las Vegas crime lab as a DNA technician and was soon yearning to find a place beyond the laboratory conducting fieldwork with the CSI team. Having always been the youngest and geekiest of his peers, Greg embraces pop culture, style, and social trends, wanting to be known as hip, as well as brilliant.

some other intresting stuff:

Greg was raised with overprotective parents who never let him play sports. Worried their brilliant boy would be put in harms way. He has hesitated in telling them about his career change, afraid that they won't approve.

RAT RACE:

Greg resents being called a "lab rat." DNA tech is a coveted position requiring advance education and superior abilities. At the same time fieldwork presents an irresistable challange. Greg traded the lab for the crime scene to test his skills to the limit, bringing scientific presision to the chaos of the outside world - and back again. It is this taste for variety that makes for a genius in the lab and a genius in the field.

that's the gist of it.

I've thought that since "Chasing the Bus", if Greg ever got into the field (thankfully he has) he could become the next or even surpass Grissom, he's definitely got the smarts, that attention to detail, and from when he passed that proficiency test, he's helped solve a lot of cases, and has come up with some great theories as well, including the Gas one from "Burn Out" and even add in the exploding toilet in "Iced". Plus he's got that empathy as well, that's a great combination.

And honestly, I think that Grissom is almost grooming him for that too, I think Grissom knows he's got the smarts and knows he's got the potential to be a CSI leader. What's great about Greg, he follows, meaning, with his smarts he could have totally just done his own thing, but he follows the other CSI's, he listens to them, he pays attention, he thinks and then comes up with a great solution or even just a test to help solve the case.

He's brilliant and more to the point, he smart enough to know when to let someone else take the lead and when to speak up.

(and I don't blame him for resenting that term either, serioiusly, just the education you need for that, that position deserves a better moniker than that)

I completely agree with you.

People seem to be set on always leading, because they see it as a better choice, but that's not ture at all. The best choice is exactly what you said: Knowing when its time to lead, and knowing when you should listen and follow. Its a mix, and yes, Greg totally has that.

And tonight's epi (won't go into that at all) showed his smarts at their heights. But anyways, he deffinitely has what it takes and I'm certain Grissom sees that because he is also very intelligent. So, its a great setup for them both.

[quote} And tonight's epi (won't go into that at all) showed his smarts at their heights.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you there, and I won't say too much either since there's a whole other thread to deal with that--but I found it very hard to watch--a lot of nervous moments for me.

Anyone who can rattle off numbers like that, and under those circumstances is not only smart but cool underpressure, Greg really has it the goods to be one hell of a great CSI.

Greg's always been good under pressure, that's why he was such a great DNA tech and it the 2nd busiest labs in the country. I love that man.

He rocks plain and simple, he does keep his cool, the fact Nick and Warrick would take bets on how long someone would last who replaced him proves that..remember Chandra, she just couldn't take the pressure.

Greg, cool as a cucumber, always.

For those who haven't checked out the Post Mordem thread yet--a bunch of us thought the Greggo fans should create a bodyguard committee for Greg to protect him from Demetrius' brother and nasty jurors and the like :mad:. Below is a little business card I made up--if you'd like a personalized one PM me and I'll make one for you :D.
I'll make one for you :D

*Edited: To shorten URL*

The idea of Greg being a child prodigy is extremely appealng to me. He seems so perfect-he's smart, funny, committed, and weird all at the same time. He's serious when he needs to be, but I feel like he knows how to keep himself in check. Greg is definitely one of my favorite TV characters, and there are so many reasons why he's such a lovable character.
miko said:
crmscnnvstgtr101 = thnaks for welcoming me! that's very nice :)
Aww, no problem. :)

You summed up exactly how that character is, and why he is so lovable and why you just don't want to see anything bad happen to him.

I posted some Greg pics on the Greg/Eric pic thread, there are quite a few so far and I still plan to post more.

I am scared of what could happen to Greg later this season but I am hoping for the best.

I already talked about how Greg rocked in ever other thread I can but this one, so yeah! Greg totally KICKED ASS! :D I was chearing him on the whole the time!! The alcohol speach was amazing. He does remind me of Grissom. He's more balanced though. Hard working, funny, has a life (Sorry Grissom :lol:), but still super smart!! *sighs* I can't believe the brother is sueing him though. Leave him alone already.

*Hugs Greggo tight* Don't worry, he isn't going anywhere. Nothing's going to happen to him now. :lol:

Usually a civil suit does follow, and with the way they feel about Greg, I wasn't surprised, okay, I was, but in a way I wasn't.

Greg rocks always, he totally has the goods to be another or even surpass Grissom, that incredible mix of intelligence, empathy, attention to detail, humor and the ability to think on his feet, now that makes for one hell of a great CSI.

I was completely surprised at the civil suit. My mom wasn't home and she was watching it somewhere else and she said when the end came, she thought "oh, man, Nikki must be going ballistic over this".

He did great on the stand. I never would have been able to keep my cool like that. I would have had a nervous breakdown before the inquest even started. I just hope everything turns out okay.

I would love to be one of his bodyguards. We can all take on DJ's brother!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back