"Leggo Our Greggo!" - Eric/Greg Discussion Thread Pt. 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said it about the dvd's, I only watched the commentary on Ellie, I didn't hear the one about why Eric had done that, I thought it was for the movie he had been in. They said something about drinking Maker's Mark too..and then when the scene with them in the lab came up they said that Eric is another actor that you can ask to do a scene or a line 15 different ways and he'll always be good, and Gary agreed and then he said that he cut Eric's hair..and I still say he did a good job.

Did you want it onDemand..it's on Comcast if anyone has it..it's great, you can catch up if you missed it, or missed taping it.

Yeah... I watched it on onDemand on Comcast down at my mamaw's in my uncle's room while I was shining gold dollars for him. I also watched Toe Tags.

I think Double Cross is up now too, I haven't checked, but I will give it up for onDemand, they had Fannysmackin' up faster than any of the other episodes.

And I forgot to add this to the other comment, I heard that commentary on "Burked" what I got was that he asked them about cutting the two lines in his hair and then found out about his friend..I could be wrong but either way though, they said just how unbelievably professional he was, he had heard the news about his friend during the filming of the scene with Grissom in the lab, and still managed to not only get through the scene but didn't show just how upset he was, how effected he had been about it but still managed to do a great job with the scene.

Just shows one, what a fantastic actor he is, and two, just how much the producers respect him (they said that, how they really felt for him finding that out and how even with that news he managed to get through the scene perfectly)..which I think is why they do listen to him about the character and they really expanded his storyline, they like him, he's professional, and he's just so so good.

I know this has nothing to do with anything, and that Fannysmackin was about Greg kind of coming-of-age, but...
Was anyone else really bothered by the music Greg had playing in the car? I know that it was a really dramatic, tense moment, and it showed Greg making 'a decision that will change his life forever', but all I could think was 'Why is he listening to soft rock? Greg wouldn't listen to soft rock...'
What with all the references to punk, and him rocking out in the lab, I figured he'd be more 'out there' and do the same in his car.
Maybe that's just part of the Greg-persona that's been created, he talks the talk but doesn't really walk the walk, and makes up stories to cover his insecurities.
lol...I've been kinda desperate for a a good delving into Greg's mind, and where's a better place to do that than here?

I did notice that Greg was listening to a different style of music, but I wasn't bothered at all by his listening to soft rock. I think it just shows that he has an eclectic taste for music. To limit oneself to only one type of music would be a tad narrow-minded, and Greg certainly isn't that.

It didn't bother me at all, I'm a huge music fan, and I listen to all sorts of music, as long as it's good. Limiting yourself to one kind cuts you off from all sorts of greatness that you'd be missing out on, and I agree with Wojo, he wouldn't limit himself either.

The only thing I really want to know is what that song was.

Maybe bothered was the wrong word... it's just that there's not a lot of characterization when it comes to these types of things and we've been given an idea of what he likes. *Shrug*, it's not that important, I think I've been reading way too much fanfic.

I did expect Greg to be rockin out in his truck too. But like the rest of you have been saying, people normally don't limit themselves to one kind of music. So I was not bothered by it.

It kinda reminded me of Nick and Grave Danger, maybe Nick's taste in music is rubbing off on him... :)

I was watching 'Double Cross' and I was wondering: is it just me, or did Greg seemed somewhat distant during this job? His manner of speaking and even his attempts at jokes were different than his usual normal self.

I have to admit, it's a wonderful to touch to the after-effects of 'Fannysmackin',' and nicely done.

~Jo

Yeah, there was a little bit of an edge to him, which, after what he went through is kind of expected once I thought about it, it kind of reminded me of "Caged" when Nick said that if anyone else had that amount of evidence against them they'd be in jail, and Greg called him on the fact that the guy was autistic..only this time, it was a priest and no one called him on that fact.

What I found most telling though was that conversation with Catherine (don't want to put too many spoilers in this) but it seemed uncomfortable because it was almost like he was putting on brave face for her.

The conversation with Catherine was simple but poignant. Those two have had wonderful conversations together (both snarky as well as otherwise). Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Catherine/Greg shipper, just that I'v always loved it when they exchanged words.

The part I loved most, was when he stands by the church windows, drenched in the colours of the stained glass and looking sympathetically at the priest.

I like that part too. I did hear the music in the car, I was like "woah Greg, what's up with that?" Which I can understand he wouldn't be rocking out in a CSI jeep, because that isn't a place to be blasting heavy rock music. But I didn't have a problem with it though, it showed how he was taking his job seriously.

I heard the music and it didn't sound like it was coming from the car, more like... background music. Like whenever something intense is about to happen, they put background music on to imitate that effect. But notice, whenever Greg saw the Fannysmackers, he didn't turn off his car, because then his radio transmitter that's hooked to the scanners wouldn't work. He kept it on. But the music stopped. It was background music they were playing specifically for that part of the show. (Or something...)

Didn't he turn the radio off though?? That's what I thought he did. Because he reaches down and then the music stops.

He reaches down to get his radio. The music stops because of all the angst. (Sorry, I'm viewing a LJ community on how to fight writer's block. :lol:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back