"Leaving Las Vegas" Discussion **Spoilers**

AshleyWillows I believe you should have a flashing red icon at the top of the forum showing that you have a pm, that would be the one I sent you regarding your banner, but incase you didn't get it for some reason.

Per the rules of the board the Banner max size is 220 wide by 75 high, please adapt your signature banner to the apporperiate size, for more info on signatures please see the "Help Guide" Tacked in this forum. Thanks.

vegaslights said:
^David Rambo told me in our interview quoteunquote ""Leaving Las Vegas" -- Grissom sends Sara a special gift." And all he does is says something?

Ugh writers give the biggest leadons EVER.

I think they mean he'll send her a special gift when he is away. And I have a feeling I know what the gift is, if you remember back in Season 2 (maybe 3?) that Grissom sent Sara a plant that said "From Grissom". Yeah, I think he'll do that again, it'll be meaningful.

'I'll miss you'... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: give me a break...that was stupid.

I did like Sara's heartbreaking expression,I will admit that I laughed pretty hard at that :devil:

omg Nick's hug was so funny :lol: :lol: I loved Grissom's expression! And Hodges was great, lol.

The case was ok, kind of boring though. I guess the reason I like Grissom so much, is that he took more of a scientific approach to his work, while the other CSI's don't really. The reason vegas was my fave csi show(out of the three, ny is now my fave) is this scientific approach, which made csi stand out. Now it is just another cop show.

I like cath, I know people here will hate her no matter what she does, but I am not one of those. She just makes the show...different.

vegaslights said:
allmaple said:
vegaslights said:
and all the Catherine bashers are finding something to it. Honestly, I bet if THEY were in that position, they would go to any need possible to get what they needed.

im sorry but no. i found it extremely inappropriate and unproffesional. i dont act in that way to get anything from anyone. she could have used her female powers of persuasion without showing off her bra.
its just how i feel, i dont want to bash catherine but the writers put her in situations that really rub me the wrong way. you can have a strong, powerful female character without her flaunting sex.

But like Erica said, what about Nick in "Gum Drops" treating the suspect with violence, grabbing him and pushing him against a wall? It's no different.

just because it gets us all hot and bothered doesnt mean its good behaviour ;) i might like seeing nick angry, just as id assume you like seeing catherines bra. they can show us nick getting out his aggressions and not using a suspect as a punching bag, and we can see catherine in her underwear without it being a peep show for a guy in prison. i just dont like when they put characters in situations that if it happened in real life, would not be taken so lightly

So warrick having that shirt a little unbuttoned or Nick tight fitting shirts when they investigate/interrogate, isn't using a bit of their sexuality (rhetorical), Again agreeing to disagree, cause this is going nowhere but coming close to getting out of hand. Everyone has their sense of what is right and wrong, in the end everyone wins, its just a matter of opinion, lets keep it that way and away from any thing looking like a bash or flame.

allmaple said:
vegaslights said:
and all the Catherine bashers are finding something to it. Honestly, I bet if THEY were in that position, they would go to any need possible to get what they needed.

im sorry but no. i found it extremely inappropriate and unproffesional. i dont act in that way to get anything from anyone. she could have used her female powers of persuasion without showing off her bra.
its just how i feel, i dont want to bash catherine but the writers put her in situations that really rub me the wrong way. you can have a strong, powerful female character without her flaunting sex.

Thanks! I need some support here. I'm almost expecting someone to fly me in a nun's attire.

Alright if it is okay for Catherine to unbutton her blouse to ge a confession out of a guy, then for future episodes, let's have Warrick Greg and Nick start pulling their pants down little by little to get a female suspect to confess.

Now us ladies would enjoy these scenes immensely (me especially for Nick), but is it appropriate? I mean, how many professional CSIs out there were (or are still) watching and almost hurled at the scene.

It's only TV, but even Sara made reference to Catherine using her sexuality in Nesting Dolls.

I'm not a prude, I just hate seeing women shown in this matter.

Anyways, I'm going to hold TPTB to the pants being pulled down for female suspects scene by the three amigos.

isn't it amazing though how music can make things look more meaningful than it really is? In the previews with that music it makes everything look and feel emotional then you see it and it's either funny, doesn't seem to big of deal of on to something else. Same thing last season with Brass' "possible death". Those people who create the previews must get a pretty penny for the work they do.

myfuturecsi said:

Anyways, I'm going to hold TPTB to the pants being pulled down for female suspects scene by the three amigos.

amen to that sister! if catherine can show off the girls then nick should be able to show off the boys. except thats not allowed on network television...
kidding! lets leave the clothes on, but only when theyre at work ;)

Destiny said: Again agreeing to disagree, cause this is going nowhere but coming close to getting out of hand. Everyone has their sense of what is right and wrong, in the end everyone wins, its just a matter of opinion, lets keep it that way and away from any thing looking like a bash or flame.
Again I am repeating what I posted in a post above. I am starting to get complaints from both ends of the gallery here. Lets settle down a bit please. Thank you.

Destiny, just to wrap this up, I was in no way flaming you or anyone else. You're opinion is valuable, and this would be a dull, dull place to post if everyone agreed on the same thing all the time. So like you said, let's agree to disagree on this one because we will never waver on our opinions.

By the way, that was an interesting conversation that Nick had with Catherine while driving together in the truck. Nick and apparently others assumed that Catherine wouldn't have to work because she must have inherited Sam's fortune. Glad she put that question to rest when she told Nick that all of Sam's money was "tied up in that hole" and she wasn't a part of it. I also liked how Catherine hypothesized that Grissom might have a girlfriend. Funny that.

I didn't think you were flaming me and I thank you. I just want everyone to remember there is a line and past that line is a ledge and well when people go over it, *puts on the ugg tone* I have to be meanie mod, though sometimes well not fun exactly it can be hazardous. So Agreeing to disagree folks best route not to hit that line and fall over. :)

I really liked the continuity in this episode. While I didn't love it, I didn't hate it. It was just sorta "meh" for me.

Warrick is the rock of the team, yet he disappears after his moment with Gil.

Loved that Catherine's inheritance was addressed. Also loved the Cath and Nicky are starting to pick up on Grissom's strange changes. Muahahaha. I just find it appropriate since those two actors were the first to assert how bright their characters were in regards to Grissom's behaviour due to feminine influence! :)

Nick hugging Grissom was about the greatest thing for me. I just about died laughing. Easily, "I'll be back in four weeks. Stop hugging me." is the line of the night. Easily.

I liked how quirky Gil was this episode, but that also saddens me. Boy, I'm going to miss him.

Nice to see Nick out and about, and Cath was fine. Though, I'll chime in on the striptease act and say that I didn't approve of it. And, no, I'm not a big fan of guys using violence to get information either. And, I'm one of the first to yell at Warrick for his shirt being unbuttoned so much. Boy is bound to contaminate some evidence with chest hair at some point! I just didn't like her doing a striptease for information. It didn't seem completely necessary.

Grissom and Greg's convo was sorta sweet. At the end of it, I found myself saying, "Thanks Dad." It felt like a pep talk, and I was really excited about hearing about the civil case. TPTB knocked out the Sam Braun money issue and the civil case in one episode, and I like that. CONTINUITY, people. We love it!

Grissom's goodbye to Sara was appropriate, and definitely a reminder that neither of these two are perfect. They don't have the perfect formula to a relationship. It's still real and tough, and I like that. I like that there was no weird passionate embrace. I like the way it panned out.

Also, creepy as this sounds, Catherine and Novak have chemistry. No doubt it's because of the real life husband and wife team, but it's kooky strange. Could an ex-drunk and an ex-stripper hit it off? We'll see...

The coming weeks are going to be interesting. We'll see if Warrick can really be a rock for Catherine to lean on, if Catherine can be a good leader, if Nick can grow hair, if Greg can survive court, if Sara can be strong and if the show can stand losing their male lead...

I haven't seen all of the episode yet, only the clips from grissomsararomance. :(

Hodges was absolutely hilarious, i found myself chuckling for ages after i saw the clip :lol: - I think the actor plays him brilliantly and you can always count on him to ease the tension - even thou sometimes i find him a bit cringy especially when he goes on about how 'close' him and Grissom are and how Grissom depends on him - haha he is so delusional lol

I have been wandering for AGES if catherine inherited anything off Sam and unfortunately that clip wasn't shown on the website

I WILL LOVE YOU ALL FOREVER if you could tell me the gist of the conversation Cath and Nick had about her inheritance :)

Catherine solved the case and got a killer locked up. But it all sucks cuz she opened her buttons. -z
You can say "but there are other ways for her to get info out of the suspect" so what are they? The suspect was boorish and was obviously hardened by the years he spent behind bars. He was, as we saw in the flashback, clumsy mr. nice guy plumber. But he's a different man now. Batting your eyelashes at him and saying pretty please won't get you anywhere. Brute force won't let him speak up either, he's already used to that, he was locked up and he was innocent so there's nothing left for him to lose, he will let himself get beaten up again for all he cares. Catherine used her wit and the most feasible way to make him speak up.. fast. So she opened two or three buttons and an innocent soul was saved and the people are now safe from the Jays of the world big deal. Letting a psycho murderer roam free and an locking up an innocent man is a graver wrongdoing than loosening up your buttons I think.

I WILL LOVE YOU ALL FOREVER if you could tell me the gist of the conversation Cath and Nick had about her inheritance
Nick thought Cath was gonna quit when she got her inheritence and she said that's what people thought and then she said Sam's money was all tied up in a piece of real estate on the Strip.

Back