"Leaving Las Vegas" Discussion **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Dec 29, 2006.

1. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

If that were true, why did Sara date Hank - a man her own age? Why did she flirt with Greg, Nick and David - men roughly her own age? Why did she flirt with Mikey - her own age?

If anything, Grissom has been shown to be the exception in her tastes, not the rule.

2. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

I did think the scene was bad. It seemed really forced, and awkward, really showed how bad they are as a couple. Plus zero chemistry what so ever.

3. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

I understand that that's your opinion of the scene; what I'm really trying to get at is why. What, specifically, about the scene seemed forced and awkward to you? What showed how bad they are as a couple? Where did you detect the lack of chemistry? I'll ask you about this scene in particular, both to keep the discussion on topic and because... well, trying to explain the details of eleven episodes would be a bit daunting at this point. :)

4. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I can understand not being able to describe a feeling of bad chemistry or forced dialogue, but in the case of this scene, what I guess I find ironic is that...

it wasn't supposed to have chemistry or easy dialogue. It's trying to paint a picture of two people uncomfortable with each other.

So in a sense, by saying it lacked chemistry and easy dialogue, it's a compliment to the scene achieving what it was attempting to do.

5. McStokes

McStokes Pathologist

Even if they are trying to keep their relationship under wraps, they could have at least hugged each other...no one would have thought it was weird! Catherine hugs everyone, heck, Nick hugged Grissom goodbye! They have all been through so much together and have formed this cohesive family unit, that it would not have been wrong for Sara to platonically hug Grissom...no one on the team would have jumped out and said "I KNEW YOU WERE TOGETHER!!"

I thought it was awkward how it was handled. It was as if they were two people who became acquainted through another person who has since left the picture, and since they have nothing in common except that mutual friend, they now are awkward around each other when they meet...Make sense?

6. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

McStokes (great name!), I think what you're picking up on is that they might have suddenly felt like strangers around each other, whereas before they were on a common wavelength. I don't know how long they have been going out, but if this is the first major separation and it hasn't been a mutual decision on both sides, then I think that some of that brand of awkwardness makes sense.

As for hugging, the CSIs (hell, the entire lab; *grin*) witnessed Grissom's extreme discomfort when Nick hugged him - if anyone had seen him with his arms around Sara later, I think it would have been very, very difficult to stop some kind of speculation or gossip from going around the lab. So while I might personally feel that Grissom and Sara should have hugged (and I do), I also think that it was right and sensible that they didn't, from a logical-storyline perspective.

I liked the scene overall. I thought it was brilliantly written in the sense that it could give weight to a lot of different suppositions as to what the hell's going on... but it didn't spell anything out. Considering that this plotline must have a place in the overall story arcs of the show while at the same time devoting very little time to it (due to the nature of how CSI is developed as a series), I think that TPTB have, so far, chosen the right strategy.

7. labgeekluvr

labgeekluvr Lab Technician

I don't think the scene was bad. I thought WP had a brilliant moment when Sara was putting her stuff in her locker and he's standing there trying to come up with something to say--he's even holding out his hands like he's hoping for something brilliant to materialize--and all he can come up with is "I'll miss you". The scene is true to GSR--what's disappointing for me is that we haven't seen what GSR is like away from work. I can understand keeping it low-key at work, but couldn't we see more moments like the end of "Way to Go", just to show that there is something going on between them?

8. McStokes

McStokes Pathologist

I guess (even though I don't really like Sara as a character...*ducks from flying objects*) that I just felt really sorry for her. In fact, I've always felt sorry for her...I've always felt she was trying too hard...at everything. Now she finally has the man, and it appears to be unfulfilling.

Meh...maybe she'll get another nice house plant out of him for his awkwardness! :D

9. brass_lives

brass_lives Prime Suspect

I agree. Else why did they bother to make them an official couple? It is funny, though, that I see more complaints about this from people who don't like GSR than people who do.