"Leaving Las Vegas" Discussion **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Dec 29, 2006.

1. csilovegrissom

csilovegrissom Hit and Run

The Grissom and Nick scene was really funny - but i have one problem with it. If nick thinks that Grissom is probably leaving for good, even though he has only stated he is leaving for four weeks don't you think that Nicks 'goodbye' was a little odd? I would have thought he would have been more emotional considering Grissom is his mentor/boss and they have worked together for years. Also Grissom has saved Nicks life on two occasions. I would have thought it would have been more emtional than it was.

It was still funny thou! Good episode

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Honestly I don't see how Catherine or Sofia using sexuality is any different if say Warrick or Nick flirt with a female suspect. I am not saying that happened (that I remember anyway). All I am saying is I didn't find it demeaning or what have you, and I am a woman, when answers are needed they use what is at their disposal, as long as they don't go to far, and in this case Catherine only took it so far to the point that it wasn't over the top. Thats just my opinion.

3. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I agree with you, Destiny. Catherine didn't go too far, and she certainly didn't break any laws. And it's true - when answers are needed, you do whatever you can.

4. MissCriminalMind

MissCriminalMind Witness

I totally agree with you.

5. casey34472

casey34472 Dead on Arrival

I think the guy who killed himself was in on it but not the killer. He made the miniature before he killed himself and gave it to the real killer. I hope its not any of the cast members. Hopefuly they wont wait 4 weeks to open the box.

6. elisaxcore

elisaxcore Witness

I don't see the hug as odd, 4 weeks is a long time especially when they're used to working together all the time.

7. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

*squeezes Destiny to death* *grabs Destiny a root beer*

Couldn't say it better! So Catherine did something that she had to get info from a suspect, and all the Catherine bashers are finding something to it. Honestly, I bet if THEY were in that position, they would go to any need possible to get what they needed.

8. edog

edog Lab Technician

So, let me get this straight. Catherine chose to "strip". The act of this "striptease" is demeaning. So, if she chooses to use skills she acquired at a younger age to get a suspect to talk, she is therefore demeaning herself? She doesn't respect herself?

To me, that sounds off.

Yes, I think what she did was a bit unorthodox. However, I didn't find it demeaning, because I don't think Catherine disrespects herself. If anything, she probably thinks highly of her intellect, her career and the fact that she and her daughter are still together.

Now, if you're generalizing the act of a woman using her sexuality to get what she wants, you have to consider the context. She was trying to solve a murder, not hop in the sack with the guy.

It's not the first time on tv a character has pulled some strings to find out the truth.

So, in short, I agree with Destiny as well.

9. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

LOL. I don't get why it bothers people that Catherine unbuttons two, three of her shirt buttons to get a suspect to talk when it's okay for them that a couple of the male CSIs have used violence to treat their suspects. To quote Catherine from After the Show:

"I decided to exploit that situation. And as angry as that made you, when you're in my shoes, you'll do the same thing."

Anyways I think I'm going to enjoy this episode because I love sexy Catherine. :)

10. allmaple

allmaple Judge

im sorry but no. i found it extremely inappropriate and unproffesional. i dont act in that way to get anything from anyone. she could have used her female powers of persuasion without showing off her bra.
    its just how i feel, i dont want to bash catherine but the writers put her in situations that really rub me the wrong way. you can have a strong, powerful female character without her flaunting sex.

11. MissCriminalMind

MissCriminalMind Witness

One of the greates opinios i've ever read. :cool:

12. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

While that is true lets keep in mind that they also make tank tops and exercise tops that look like bra's so it could be sight of deception, he thinks he is getting a peek in the end its not what he thinks, but then she did stop before anything was really revealed, I mean heck cleveage is always being shown (doesn't matter the show). But in this case I think were all going to have to agree to disagree, there are some who will find it unprofessional, unethical, demeaning, ect. and others who don't.

13. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

jeeezzz catherine. her silly striptease. hahaha i love cath. and i think it's completly okay what she did. she needed answers, and she got them, it doesnt matter how.

grissom and nick were hilariousss. but it was like aww. i liked how they cleared up what cath inheritated too.

but i didnt like the sara goodbye. i thought they were going to kiss, finally, and nothing happened. i was pretty weirded out about that.

and the others were cute too :)

14. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

But like Erica said, what about Nick in "Gum Drops" treating the suspect with violence, grabbing him and pushing him against a wall? It's no different.

15. Toots

Toots Pathologist

Well, until Nick or Warrick start unbuttoning their shirts or unzip their pants to flirt with a suspect, it is a whole lot different. Women have been demeaned and objectified for centuries. Catherine's methods of questioning a suspect continues to demean us in my opinion. On the other hand, Catherine is a product of her upbringing. You can take the stripper out of the club, but it must be difficult to change her old way of life by using sex to attain a goal. I think that she even admitted once that she flirted with a professor while in school. Old habits are hard to break.