LAS VEGAS PICTURES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a great web-site for you all to view- whether you plan to visit- or just want to check it out- ;) ENJOY

http://govegas.about.com/od/lasvegasvacation/index.html

P1020941-a.jpg

Las Vegas News

Plans for the theater vacated last month by "Hairspray" at the Luxor are coming into sharper focus, and familarity seems to be the prevailing theme. As reported by Las Vegas freelance journalist Steve Friess at www.thestrip-podcast.com the hotel plans to open yet another Cirque du soleil production--the sixth in Las Vegas---that will revolve around a magic/illusion theme. Friess also said the Luxor is planning to bring in the legendary Liza Minnelli as one of the headliners!!! Apart from the podcast, we're hearing that extreme illusionist Criss Angel will front the Cirque production. Angel, the star of "Mindfreak" on A & E has been rumored to be in the Luxor's long-term plans. Also on the list could be Tony Bennett-Julio Iglesis and Engelbert Humperdinck ;)

Source- John Kastilometes- Las Vegas Sun

http://govegas.about.com/library/graphics/luxhot0019.JPG

FROME WASHING DISHES TO $236,094

A Henderson, Nvada (next to Las Vegas) woman whose home-game poker stakes have included doing the dishes beat out 1,127 other women to win $236,094 in the World Series of Poker women's event early Tuesday.at the Four Queens- downtown. Mary Jones Meyer, a 56-year old telephone company sales manager, put her hugh stack of poker chips all i one bet and won the pot!!!! got four sixes--The most money she's ever won before this was $2,700 last May Las Vegas :eek:wished it had of been me :(

Source- Business world- Las Vegas Review Journal

http://govegas.about.com/library/graphics/downtown12.JPG

VEGAS NEWS ;)

Director steven Soderberg's "Ocean's 13" will return to the Bellagio, site of the most of the indoor action for the remake of 'Ocean's Eleven" in 2001 it was confirmed Thursday. Soderberg and producer Jerry Weintraub were in town last week, along with 40 members of the creative team, scouting out locations for the shoot, according to Bernie Yuman, Weintraub's assistant. Al Pacino also was here meeting with MGM Mirage executive Bobby Baldwin, who ran the Bellagio until recently. Crews will film Aug 6-9 at the Bellagio, but most of the film will be shot in Hollywood

Souece- Norm Clarke LVRJ

http://govegas.about.com/library/graphics/bellhot0001.JPG

SIGHTINGS

Pamela Anderson in town to promote her pamelapoker.com launch party Wednesday. A media horde was at the Rio to talk about her and Kid Rock's wedding Saturday on the French Rivera. The former "Baywatch" star unveiled her new gaming web-site------Nicholas Cage also in town discussing plans to possibly do the late Liberace in a film he's producing-----Seal and Heidi Klum taking in the performance of Le Reve at Wynn on Tuesday----Sannon Elizabeth taking some tips from pool star Corey deuel at the International Pool Tour event on Wed.

Source- Norm Clakre- LVRJ

APPRENTICE COMING TO VEGAS

That whirlwind July 5 filming here of S/7 of "The Apprentice" will air in Feb. during a on-hour prime time show-Donald Trump plans to time the show's opening to the start of sales for the $1.5 billion Tower 11. The apprentices were given the task of developing a campaign to sell the tower-------Pamela Anderson was in a front row seat at Elton John's show (Caesars Palace) on Wed., the first stop of her bachelorette party with photographer David LaChapelle, who will be in her wedding on Sat. on a yacht off St. Tropez, France.-----Drew Barrymore, at the Rio convention center Thrus. promoting her new-set-in Vegas film 'Lucky You"----Jon Lovitz eating stone crabs at Joe's Seafood Prime Steak & Stone Crab------Ray Romano-Woody Harrelson-Cheryl Hines-and Chris Parnell, at Micky Finns on Fremont Street at 1 am Wed. listening to Hal Savar of Acoustic Soul

Source Norm Clarke LVRJ

Muzzy where did you stay? how'd ya like the "HEAT'? pretty horrible huh?--

SIGHTINGS

Producer-director Jeryy Bruckheimer, in town for his annual weekend of pickup hockey games, with Jeremy Roenick and Cuba Gooding Jr,----Sammy Hagar at Harrah's restaurant Guy Savoy-- (Caesars Palace}---Actor James Garner, 78, leaving the main room of the World Series of Poker on Friday in his wheelchair, one of the first celebrities to exit the $10,000 buy-in-No-limit Texas Hold' em tournament----new hot couple Jim Carey and Jenny McCarthy, dining at Okada {Wynn) on Friday. -----Britney Spears with hubby kevin Federline and baby Sean Preston, and friends at Tao (Venetian) on Friday.-----Dennis Farina-Richard Kind and Cheryl Hines in town shooting the film "The Grand"

Source- Norm Clarke-LVRJ

http://govegas.about.com/library/graphics/wynntour0001.JPG

ooh im going to vegas on thursday :) i havent been in like...7 years but im excited to go back and im staying at the Bellagio for the first time!! :)

~nix

A bit OT but about Las Vegas:
One of my relatives just told me about that they'll get married in LV! :D This is cool, because we're very far from there. And I guess I don't need to tell you how jealous am I :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back