LAS VEGAS PICTURES

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Desertwind, Oct 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Another Las Vegas flick is in the cards for two-time Oscar winner Kevin Spacey. Spacey, who won a best Actor for "American Beauty" and BSA for "The Usual Suspects" told MTV, he's psroducing and starring in a film about a group of card counting college kids who take on Las Vegas- to win and take them down. Spacey spent several months here in early 200 filming 'Pay It Forward with Helen Hunt and Haley Joel Osment and James Caviezel-who played a homeless person and later played Jesus in "The Passion of the Christ"

source- Norm Clarke- LVRJ

2. Desertwind

SIGHTINGS

Tony Curtis and his wife, Jill attending the VIP opening of 'Bodies" at the Tropicana on Thursday night----Siegfried & Roy, being greeted warmly during their introduction at the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey circus on Thursday----Beatles producer Sir George Martin and son dining at Picasso {Bellagio) on Friday----Maroon 5, dining at N9ne Steakhouse (Palms) on Thursday

Source- Norm Clarke- LVRJ

http://govegas.about.com/library/graphics/bellhot0001.JPG

3. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Wow, I didn't know about this picture.
    Did you know Tony Curtis is Hungarian? (at least his grandparents or parents are). His Hungarian name is Antal Kertész, lmfao.
    OT: I got 100% on my exam :)

4. Desertwind

CLAP-CLAP-CLAP on your score- good job- ;) and to my knowledge Tony Curtis was born in Brooklyn N.Y.- and his name was Bernard Swartz- before becoming Tony Curtis- maybe his grandparents have that name- don't know---

Before CSI and Las Vegas, there was ABC's "Vega$" Aaron Spelling's fascination with Las Vegas turned into a three-year prime-time show that was equal parts grits and glitz. "Aaron loved Las Vegas, I got the impression he always wanted to live here" said Tony Curtis--- Spelling, one of Hollywood's most prolific TV producers died Friday at age 83 in Los Angeles. Robert Urich played a PI Dan Tanna, who chased crimminals and chicks in a 1957 Ford T-bird. His office was in the Desert Inn, and his home featured a living room drive through. "Vega$" was among Spelling's assembly line hits from "Love Boat" to "Fantasy Island" to "Starsky & Hutch" and "Beverly Hills 90210" and of course 'Dynasty" and "Melrose Place" on the "Vega$" show it was based on a real life PI named Eddie La Rue. a leg man for everyone from Elvis to then mob atorney our mayor Oscar Goodman :eek:

Source- Norm Clarke-LVRJ

http://govegas.about.com/library/graphics/lvnight0001.JPG

5. SunsetBoulevard

Thank you :) LOL, where did you hear it? (I mean Tony Curtis). *runs to find some info*
    Thank you for the pic, LV is just awesome :)

6. Desertwind

On the IMDB web-site- you'll find just about everything about everybody in show biz-

NEWS

Wayne Newton has met with Anthony Michael hall and has agreed to do his film "Life and Death in Las Vegas" said Newton's publicist, Trish mcCrone-she said that Newton "will not be playing himself, he will be a fictional character who screws people out of their inheritance"-----Warren Buffet and Bill Gates were seen at Wynn Las Vegas-Buffet is giving away $37 billion :eek: {GEEZ-- why the hell doesn't he send me a couple of thou?-} to charity------

Source- Norm Clarke- LVRJ

http://govegas.about.com/library/graphics/wynntour0002.JPG

7. csi_fanatic87

csi_fanatic87 CSI Level Three

Wow! That's beautiful! I LOVE the waterfall! :)

8. Guest

Guest Guest

whoa that is very awesome i so would like to live there!!

9. Desertwind

THANKS-ANDRE

On Saturday, Andre Agassi gave the tennis world two months notice. When the U.S. Open concludes sept. 10, so will his career. For his loyal Las Vegas fan base (he lives here} it will be a bittersweet summer. They'll have several weeks--and hopefully--several matches--to savor, Mr. Agassi's considerable talents for shotmaking and showmanship. But they'll do so knowing each return of serve and forehand winner brngs the city's most accomplished homegrown atthlete closer to the end. Sinc UNLV basketball disappeared from the national spotlight in the early 1990's, who else have Las Vegas sports fans had to rally around and cheer as their own?. No other local team or athlete has consistently delivered the excitment or excellence we've seen from Mr. Agassi. ;) He will leave the game as the only man ever to win all four Grand Slam singles championships and the Olympic gold medal ;) >But our valley residents will have plenty more cause for applause thank's to Andre's community ties.His chartiable foundation has raised more than $60 million for disadvantaged children in Southern Nevada. His charter school, the Andre Agassi College Preparatory Academy has given inner-city students and their parents a model alternative to struggling Clark County School District campuses. Last year, the school was the only one in Nevada to be deemed "exemplary" by the state. We wish him much success in his fare-well-tennis tour. and welcome back home--and thank's Andre--- we've missed ya ;)

Las Vegas Review Journal

10. SunsetBoulevard

Whoa, Wynn! :) One of my fave hotels of LV. But Mandalay Bay owns my heart ;)

11. Desertwind

12. SunsetBoulevard

Awwwww, thank you, Adrienne :)
    Yesterday there was a film on TCM called Viva Las Vegas from 1964. LOL, I wanted to see it but CSI was at the same time. Guess which one I chose :p

13. SunsetBoulevard

14. Guest

Guest Guest

cool pictures =)

15. Desertwind

Its pretty fantastic inside too very pricey ;)

CIRGUE'S GALA DRAWS MCCARTNEY-STARR-ONO-OLIVIA HARRISON AND THEIR BEATLES FAMILY

Friday was all decked out for the stars- and the famous Beatles- that are left Sir Paul and Ringo---- and Yoko- Sean and Julian- were at the Cirgue du Soleil's "Love" decticated to the Bealtes and their music- More than 400 guests were invited to two private performances. Fans screamed and waved and Paul & Ringo and Yoko waved back--(long article so that's basically the crux)

Source- Norm Clarke-Las Vegas Review Journal

MIRAGE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.