'Just a bunch of hosers, eh!' ~ Canadian Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm.. let's see... on my mom's side of the family, my Great-Grandparents came over from Russia when they were kids, in 1899... on my dad's side I think some of my Great-Great-Grandparents came from England, Scotland, and Ireland at some point in time. So that makes me, what 4th-5th-ish generation? (I dunno, I can't count :rolleyes:)

And since then, my family has definitely not moved around very much. The farm where my dad grew up got recognized as a 'Century Farm' or something, where it had been in the family for 100 years. My aunt and uncle and cousins live there now. :D As for my mom's side, the place where the Doukhabor village that all the landed Russian immigrants settled is like 5 miles from my parents' house.

As a result, I'm related to like half the town where I grew up. :rolleyes: Well, anybody whose families have been there for a while. How's that for being a hick?

we have family all over, i have a aunt in ontario, cousin in sherwood park and millwoods, a uncle in b.c, and the rest is back in europe oh and a anti in the down under :D

Thanks, Palm! I'd better damn well get better quickly, cause it's summer. And it's almost my birthday. Hmph.

Shuri, that's disgusting! Yech. Prairie Oysters are a food entree consisting of... *shudder* bull testicles.

shuri :eek: please there are minors here :lol:
over here in edmonton theres a park close to my jr high called buffalo park and at the end of it theres a buffalo park and the statue shows ALL of him if you catch my drift, it's quite desterbing.

:lol: Dammit, Ziggy, I thought you were supposed to be sick! I was tryin' to see who of all of those prairie folk knew what they were. :p

Oops. Sorry, Shuri! I am sick, but even deathly illness cannot keep me away from Talk! Man but that sounds lame XD

Do we have any specifically West Coastern food? Salmon, I guess. Salmon's a big West Coast think. All seafood, really.

Hehe, I too knew what prairie oysters were. Yay for food that no person in their right mind should eat. They should do that on Fear Factor. ;)

There's a town near Saskatoon that has a statue of a bull. People kept vandalizing it though, so he became a steer. ;)

*cough* I've eaten Prairie Oysters on a dare. And I hope everyone knows what a muskeg is...

Ah, But I'm such a traitor to Alberta. Everyone is all "Eat only Alberta Beef!" And I'm like "I hate beef. I like Moose/Elk meat D:" And everyone tries to beat me with their slabs of steak...

isfnsfjsdfjshfjsbdfjsdbfsjfbdjsbfjsbfbsdfbsdfbksdfjbsfkjbsdbjf;kjbdf;jkb;jkf;jka

sorry for that my leg hurts and im releasing the pain on my keybord instead of my voice :p, so anyway TRAITOR!!!!! :lol: jk i only have the regular burger and chiken that i get at costco but i dont eat salmon or elk or moose, i cant eat moose they're to super fly i did a report in them 3 years ago (the 5th grade)

^ See, now I would say that moose/elk meet is stereotypically Northern food, ie. Yukon/NWT/Nunavut. Growing up there it was like every single damned "heritage" day or whatever it was all moose meat stew. I like Moose, it's very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back