'Just a bunch of hosers, eh!' ~ Canadian Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
XD I love moose meat. Every winter I'm like "Daaaaaaaaaaad! [REALLY whiny voice]" and He's all "FINE! I'LL GO HUNTING! JUST SHUT UP!"

And then he comes home with a moose and I dance like my legs are broken. It's alllll good :3
But Moose Jerky is like, the best thing ever. *drool* Man, I've got a craving now...

moose/elk is really good :eek: esp the liver :D

My dad and bro goes hunting (we even have three elk hounds) so all we have in freezer during the winter is that meat. And cloudberries if it's a good year :rolleyes:

i havent have moose or elk but bison is the most delicious thing ever! it takes like the best beef youll ever eat.

Moose is really lean and very healthy. Like Ducky said, it has no fat, and as it's wild game it generally has none of the hormones or anything that beef on standard farms are fed. I would definitely recommend it, it's deeelicious.

Bison is good too.. mm...Bison burgers.. it's like hamburger, except ridiculously flavorful.

Hard to believe that I was a vegetarian for 5 years.

My dad goes deer hunting every November for a week (Deer hunting season, obviously! :lol: ) My mom used to make all the venison into a stew because she thought it tasted less "gamey" that way.

The only meat I eat is steak, chicken, lamb & the occasional pork. I've tried moose once and it made my jaw hurt. As for bison or elk I've never tried either. Actually, it's normal for my family to eat rabbits but since I had a pet rabbit when I was younger I stay far away. My papou makes fun of me in Greek and since I don't understand what the hell he's saying I just smile & nod. Does that make me non-Canadian :lol:?

I myself have never tasted it due to the fact that I had rabbits as childhood pets. It would be to horrible. Although my mom did share a story of when she was in Greece. Her thia/aunt had a rabbits as pets and one evening they were having rabbits for dinner and my mother, who was 6 at the time, asked where the rabbits where from and it turns out the rabbits she was eating was the same rabbits she played with earlier in the day. True story, I swear. Since my mom was so young she was pretty scarred!

OT: When does hunting season begin in Canada? Not that I care because I despise the thought of hunting but I'm curious since hunting has been the topic of conversation for a while.

XD Lamb is awesome. Everytime someone says "I'm having lamb" I'm like "Omg! Like, roasting out on the lawn like in My Big Fat Greek Wedding?!" And they usually respond with "...no." Then I call them lazy. I'm so bad.

Hunting Season? Depends. Bow Hunting Season Starts in August, and in September you can use rifles.

We should totally name the thread "The Canadian Thread #3 - Where Velcro Grew Up"
No we shouldn't. Don't listen to me. I'm .. drunk on chocolate. And Rick James. Rick James, bitch!" *kicked*

I always hated lamb and thought it was way too greasy.. but then I went to a lamb roast.. like.. on a spit. And it was really good. So now I like it.

RIGHT! Our new thread is popping up now! Do we have any other name entries?

And Palm? I'm Rick Jaaames, bitch! Show Rick James your t*tties! mwaha. Yay for Chapelle's Show.

everytime i think of lamb i always think of the simpsons episode "lisa the vegitairian"

and since canada has more then one suplament for beef how about
Canadian Thread #3, Canadians the other white meat
or
We live in a igloo, we ride on sleds we are canadian!~ Canadian Thread #3
Canada not just america's hat!!^Canadian Thread #3

im no good at names :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back