Jorja/Sara: A Passionate Heart #5

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by gsrLOVE, Jun 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GSR_Sara_Gil

GSR_Sara_Gil Witness

Jorja Fox cannot leave CSI
    Sara is the best
    I heard in real life JF is hilarious
    There are some funny CSI episodes and I thought JF was gerat in them
    one of the many layers of Sara is that she has a unique sense of humor
    you get the impression she loves the Beatles
    and old school TV
    she refers to both several times

I think JF can do anything
    but she has said she loves playing Sara
    she find her fascinating

I truly believe she is the best actress on TV
    and Sara is one of the most complex characters on TV ever
    she is flawed but amazing
    she is smart and knows she is but knows she still has to learn
    she is beautiful but does not know it
    she is a vegetarian who carries a gun and that is okay
    she is loyal to the death with her co-workers they are her family
    but she does not understand normal human interaction
    she has accomplished so much in her life
    she is a hero
    but does not see any of this
    because of a horrible childhood
    that we still do not know all the details of
    She has been in love with Gil forever dropped her entire life
    to come to Vegas for him
    but she never pushed him and does not judge him
    she does not back down on her opinion when it comes to domestic violence of women or children
    and she protects victims

Sara Sidle rules

so does Jorja Fox

she cannot leave CSI
    well she can but with Peterson and GSR happy

2. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

^ ITA :D

Oh why without the drama, Mia? :p I love drama *can you say angst-whore? :rolleyes:*! I really think that Sara's character could not have been played out without all the drama she's gone through because Sara is a very angsty, dark and deep character who has been through so much. She's very complex, and just when you think you've figured her out there's another twist to throw you off :p

But I do agree, it'd be awesome to see different aspects of JF's acting. She does drama so well, but I'd love to see some more light-hearted stuff. Comedy would be nice to see, but she's never really struck me as a Ray-Romano type if you know what I mean :p Since she's spent 10 years (more than 10 now) on television acting playing characters with different personalities, each quirkier than the last on three different drama series, we've only really seen her dry sense of sarcastic humor :p But in real life Jorja comes across as a very light-hearted person, so it would be really cool to see her in something that would sort of help bring out more of that side of her.

3. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Because I feel it's highly overdone on CSI. I like the emotional displays, like when she jumped at suspects all angry or when she had that look in her eyes that screamed compassion. But the personal drama (DUI, her father's murder, her supposedly abusive past, the crying in front of her boss because of all that...) is just too much.

I used to like her better when she was cocky and cool. Her emotions have been showing ever since season one but she didn't seem so helpless about them. I think she became a lot more emotionally incapable over the coourse of the show. The moments where the 'old Sara' shines through have become rare.

4. GSR_Sara_Gil

GSR_Sara_Gil Witness

I think Season 5 did a good job of balancing the dark emotional aspects of Sara

with the confident CSI
    She does train Greg
    and there are some fun great episodes of that
    and Sara and Gil doing there mind-meld on cases

I love that Sara is the great brilliant CSI
    yet she has this past we still dont know all the details of
    I love that she cares so much and cant always hold it back
    that is what makes her and Griss so symmetircal

although i do think Season 7 lacked a good funny one
    although Sara's story in Toe Tags was pretty good

5. erep

erep Witness

This is my first time posting...I wanted to discuss if anybody else out there has the same theory I do: that Sara could not POSSIBLY have been kidnapped by Natalie alone. Many have pointed out that Natalie doesn't drive. Previous shows have indicated that Sara knows self-defense techniques. And, aren't we supposed to believe that Sara is quite a bit bigger than Natalie? So...I think the miniature killer had help in drugging and transporting Sara (not to mention stowing her under a car!). Anybody else out there think the CSIs should still be looking for an accomplice?

PS I love the character too, and think Jorja Fox plays her perfectly. I do NOT want the character to die, nor do I want somebody else to play her. That said, if Jorja, for some reason, wants out (to do other things -- I might be bored of the same gig after seven years, too!), then I think the writers could come up with a way to save Sara and make her a recurring character, giving Jorja time to do other things. (I've been thinking about this, since some people have said that Jorja didn't show up to film the last season 7 episode, wants more money, etc.)

6. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Their what?

No offense, but 1st what do you mean by symmetrical and 2nd, if this has a shippy undertone it does not belong here I believe. If not you can ignore this...

I do agree that there weren't just dark Sara moments in season 5 but there were certainly a lot more than in any of teh other seasons. I did like the fact that Sara had more screentime but I didn't like the implementation of it.

Still, if Sara is still well and alive for S8 I'd still choose more drama coupled with screentime over a non-visible Sara like in S7.

Unless of course, drama means GSR. I want her to have an independant storyline again.

7. GSR_Sara_Gil

GSR_Sara_Gil Witness

I think she will live
    and I hope they do an independent story about the true details of Sara's past
    that could be really interesting
    even better if they relate it to cases she is working on
    maybe even relate it to the Miniature Crime Scene Killer

8. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

I think answering every single question of Sara's past (as far as it isn't done yet) will take some more mystery away from her. They should at least keep Sara a bit hidden in the darkness (hidden in the darkness but with a hell of a lote more screentime please!) because that is what is giving her the strength and expression.. At leat that is my oppinion.
    Leaving some things about her unanswered gives all of us something to speculate about and I think that is what makes Sara's character so interesting. You can see there is more to it than meets the eye but because its not so exposed you can form your own theory and your own ideas.

And yes, Sara will live. She just has to. Cause I think there is a lot more to her charater than we have seen so far (and I don't mean the whole GSR thing) but I think there are sides of Sara we haven't quite seen yet and I would like to see more. And ofcourse, no CSI without Jorja.

9. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Totally agree. While I'd like some more insight into her personality, too much won't do the show any good. If she's coming back she definitely has to get more screentime, but I wouldn't want too much focus on her private life. If they delved into her character more, they'd also have to do that with the other characters (of whom we haven't seen or learned as much - not counting earlier seasons' Catherine)

While that is true, it's hardly gonna be a reason for the writers. If they want to get rid of Sara they will, regardless of how much potential she still has as a character. That has never stopped any writer on any show.

10. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

I know.. Many writers made mistakes by killing off good characters. Lets just hope these writers are wise! :D

11. GSR_Sara_Gil

GSR_Sara_Gil Witness

I have to agree with SaraSidle_girl
    you cannot reveal everything about Sara
    But i want her to have a LOT more screen time
    maybe the mystery this year is trying to figure Sara out

They have a great trauma for her that they can make it a whole mystery
    of how and why she reacts to it

I think she is the best character on the show
    without her the show is dead
    and yes this might not stop the writers from doing it

but then they will only prove their nay sayers correct
    that CSI cannot do characters
    only cases

You cannot kill Sara
    Entertainment Weekly said they wanted JF to win the Emmy
    and they hate CSI
    They love her and the beautiful character she has created
    Sara Rocks and must LIVE

12. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

I'm currently watching a re-run of "4x4" and I just thought that if there is one thing we don't know about Sara that we definitely should know it is if/where she has any other tattoos (read: I want another Sara shower scene) :devil:

Umm yeah... *goes back to watching tv*

13. Lizn8rFoxy

Lizn8rFoxy Lab Technician

well according to bios about her that is her only tat. that we know of ;) :devil:

14. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Well...Jorja's maybe, but Sara could have others... at least in our imagination ;)

Although, as you stated, we do not know it's Jorja's only tat ;) (and wouldn't I like to find out...:devil:)

*hides from mods*

15. Lizn8rFoxy

Lizn8rFoxy Lab Technician

does she have her ears pierced? i didnt notice, but in one episode (hits her head because cant remember what) but she had a tight ish shirt on and i swear it looked like a belly ring!! i was like :eek:!! but she doesnt... so yeah. but almost all of my friends have their belly pierced and i can tell when they wear them so i noticed that... *realizes i must be crazy* ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.