Jesse/Eddie #1 - 'Today's My Last Day...'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Sep 25, 2009.

1. 915

915 CSI Level One

I completly forgot about Invasion I used to watch that show all the time. :) I wouldn't too much about the "Kiss of Death" after all Miami is a very popular show and not to mention the character he's playing is being pretty well recieved on the show at least that's the impression I'm getting from reading people's posts on here.

2. slower

slower Lab Technician

I'm not that fond of the character at the moment, only because of his bloated screentime. It could change in the future if they tone it down a bit. Especially with the super-Jessie routine. Everyone has flaws, I don't care who they are.

Not all fans are loving him-If you go over to CBS.com, most if not all absolutely hate him. They kind of refer to him in a not so pleasent term, I myself find immature. But, I respect and understand their response to the character. They are missing Adam, and can't understand why they would hire two actors (instead of offering Adam a decent contract) and give the new hires most of the screentime and the long times actors less.

I am trying not to post about Jessie, because of my feelings at the moment and the reasons stated.

I do enjoy the brothers three: Ryan (first and foremost), Walter, and Jessie. :) They do play off each other well.

3. 915

915 CSI Level One

Well I've just read stuff on here for people's opinions I avoid CBS.com unless I have no other to watch an episode. The last episode it seemed like they were cutting back on Jesse's screen time so it was a lot closer to everybody else's so I hope they aren't going to go overboard because that would probably turn people who actually like the character off. We don't need another situation like LV had cause that's why I didn't bother to watch season 9. One of the main reasons I like Jesse is because of those interactions with Ryan and Walter. Ryan is still my fav though followed by Jesse for second favorite so far.

4. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

I don't see why this "kiss of death" stuff is a big issue. It is hardly surprising for actors to be on shows that get cancelled, especially with the soap opera genre, but that doesn't mean each show was cancelled because of Eddie's presence, the shows got cancelled because of the writing. All this cancellation stuff doesn't even have anything to do with Eddie as an actor. So he's not bringing some kiss of death to Miami.

Besides, all the shows mentioned, with the exception of Y&R, are all small-time shows that is nothing comparing to the powerhouse CSI franchise, so there's just no comparison. Miami has survived a lot of things, and it will survive Jesse Cardoza.

Oh and just a thought, Jesse's name doesn't have "i" in it, you're spelling his name like a girl's version.

5. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

One of my favorite actors, before his unfortunate passing, I think had and may still hold, the record for the most tv show cancellations - Robert Urich.

He was exceptionally talented, very attractive and extremely well liked (consistently high Q Score). And yet his television show cancellation record was double digit.

I never heard him referred to as the "Kiss of Death". I think those in the know understand that it is rarely, if ever, the actors who are the cause of a project's failure. It just doesn't seem fair to place so much responsibility on one person.

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Just to clarify- I believe Eddie's stint on Sunset Beach was over long before the show was cancelled, so I doubt very seriously that the cancellation had anything to do with Eddie. As for Baywatch Nights- it was a spin-off of Baywatch, but had a Supernatural edge to it. Sometimes supernatural type shows don't make it very long.

7. slower

slower Lab Technician

I didn't mean to offend anyone with spelling his name wrong. And the term "Kiss of Death", was something I coined, not something someone else had. Maybe this was just a poor choice of words. :)

8. CSIKitty

CSIKitty Dead on Arrival

Third Watch actually did pretty well for itself. I did some research. Eddie was on the show until the fifth season and it ended in the sixth. So if anything, Third Watch was cancelled because Eddie left. :) LOL, I don't know that for certain but it's just ironic that most of his shows get cancelled when he joins the cast but that got cancelled once he left. There are a lot of factors to a show being cancelled. With a show like Miami, which has had great ratings and a large fanbase, if they see the show is being hurt by Eddie's appearance, (knock on wood that it doesn't because I love Jesse) they would get rid of him before the show got the axe.

9. ellay

ellay Hit and Run

I wonder if it's true or not

[link removed]

Sorry, we don't allow links to tabloids here. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2009
  10. CSIKitty

CSIKitty Dead on Arrival

A couple pages back, someone asked about the necklace Jesse was seen wearing in one of the episodes. I just saw a recent picture of Eddie out in public and he is wearing the necklace so it must be something of his personally.

11. csi_miami_babe

csi_miami_babe Rookie

Did you guys read the spoiler about why Jesse came back??? I never would have guessed that was the reason he came back. It will be interesting to see how that turns out.

12. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

what spoiler? where did u read it?

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Its in the spoiler thread. I'm not crazy about it to be honest. I think it's kind of lame and overused. They could have come up with something a little more original for him. :sigh:

14. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

You're right, GNRF. But I guess I'm getting a little more cynical than I thought. I figured when I saw it - it could have been a whole lot worse and I actually expected that it would be! :)

A lot will depend on Eddie and how it plays it. So I'm counting on him to rise above it make it special!

And man ... does does Eddie ever look hot in a tux! :drool: :drool:

15. CSIKitty

CSIKitty Dead on Arrival

I saw those pictures and practically fell on the floor. He looks amazing!

As for his storyline, it could be better, it could be worse. I was hoping for something different but we'll just have to see how it plays out.