Jesse/Eddie #1 - 'Today's My Last Day...'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I hope they use that connection to write a scene for Horatio and Jesse. We really need to see those characters connect.

I'd also like to see them write a scene for Jesse and Natalia that allows him to give her a decent, heartfelt apology and gets them back to a good place. Having him stand her up like that was rotten - and then he spills his guts to Calleigh? Nope. Didn't like how that played at all.

And I don't want Jesse to leave. Both he and Walter have simply added too many elements to the show that were missing. The "Team" element and the "science" element. I'm very nervous for this character - for all of the characters (except Eric and Calleigh). Time sharing is going to be very difficult and the hostility level with regard to the new guy is growing again. :(

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think they may decide to make Jesse a detective (like Frank) which is what the character originally was going to be until Adam decided to leave... then they made him a CSI to fill the void. Now that Adam's returning, there are only a few options to keep the entire cast together (if Emily does renew her contract that is):

A) Get new writers who actually know how to balance screentime with these many characters
    B) Return Jesse to detective status as originally planned
    C) Do the two case per episode formula that Vegas does
    D) Rotate characters like NY does

The last option would really not make me happy. :lol: But it would be better than them getting rid of Jesse altogether. It's the lesser of the two evils, if you will. :)

The best option is probably A, but that's probably not going to happen at this point. :lol: Next would be C, but I don't know if that will happen either. We'll be lucky at this point if it's option B. :lol: Maybe we'll get really lucky and both B and C will happen. :lol: It would be easier to give everyone decent screentime if there were more than one case per episode. :)

3. csi_miami_babe

csi_miami_babe Rookie

YAY! I'm with you, always and forever a Jesse/Eddie fan! :thumbsup:

I'm excited for the episode too, and we get the promo tomorrow! Yeah this whole story of why he came back should really bond him and Horatio even more now that they have their dead wives in common. Hopefully this episode will give Jesse some closure.

4. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Meh, I'm not so sure I'd want to see Jesse step down to playing detective. I was just getting used to him being a CSI, so I don't think I'd like the sudden switch -- it wouldn't really make sense to me either, as he seems fairly comfy with that particular line of work (a CSI that is).
    I guess we'll just have to wait & see what happens by finale. For the sake of fresh material, I hope he stays on.

5. csi_miami_babe

csi_miami_babe Rookie

I don't want him to leave the show and if that means he has to be a detective instead I guess I can live with that as long as he stays. He's really brought so much to the show, both him and Omar, and it would be a real shame to lose them just because Adam is coming back. I mean I love the fact that he's coming back, as long as everyone else stays.

6. GregNickRyanFan

I just have this really bad fear that I can't quell. I fear that the writers might pull an Elle (Criminal Minds) type of scenario with Jesse. ie... have him end up killing the man who murdered his wife (not in self defense or defense of a third party) and him having to go on the run cause H understands and can't really fault him for it and has no desire to apprehend him. That's kind of what they did with Elle on CM. She killed a rapist/murderer (even though he hadn't done anything to her personally) and she went on the run and Hotch basically let her.

7. greatfan

greatfan Captain

We are just heading into March,and so far people have fears about everyone but Horatio,Eric and Frank.It's going to be a long summer.

8. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

And watch it be Horatio who leaves! :lol:

9. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

If that happens I'll do an Iron Sheik impression (Which I can't do here unless I want the boot)

10. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

ooooh GOOD call!! :thumbsup: I did not see the possible parallels until you mentioned it and now that you have, I could see it happening here! :lol:

Hotch let her go b/c he couldn't prove (even though he knew) that her incident was a "bad shoot" But yeah he basically let her walk knowing she did it.

I love Criminal Minds!! :D

11. GregNickRyanFan

Well, I couldn't really blame Jesse if he did kill his wife's murderer. I don't think many viewers would either. It's a hard place to be put into. Like for Elle it was "if I let him go and we have no proof against him, he'll walk and rape/kill someone else, so what other choice do I have". We already have heard Jesse say he fears that this guy will strike again against the woman Jesse's been following. So, Jesse already has that fear. So I could definitely see him pulling the trigger in a moment of desperation, thinking it was the best thing to do in the situation since he has no substantial evidence against the suspect.

12. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Yeah if he felt backed into a corner and he felt there was no other way to stop him then yes, I could see him pulling the trigger.

Now you got me wondering if that is indeed what the writers might actually do? It is just too much like CM and Elle's situation for this not to end in a similar way.

13. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah, its almost eerily similiar. :lol: Wasn't Elle stalking the guy before she killed him? And here Jesse is stalking the guy's gf which is essentially stalking him. :lol:

14. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Am I missing something? :lol:

I know I sound a little sarcastic here, but I haven't seen it announced that Cibrian is leaving. And did we get confirmation of Cibrian's contact for either length or amount?

I'm getting the feeling that there are some feelin' their oats and starting to dance on Jesse's grave before he's been pronounced and the body is even cold.

While I'm not totally convinced about the sincerity of the statement, Rodriguez did state that he didn't want to see anyone leave and that what was negotiated between him and CBS for his return shouldn't require anyone to leave.

I don't want to see Jesse leave. I think he has much more story potentional then either Eric or Calleigh -- separately or combined actually. And I don't believe that Jessie's necessarily been given a fair chance to find his audience with Eric coming and going like a revolving door. It wasn't an atmosphere conducive to giving Jesse the best opportunity to find his place or his audience.

The anti-Jesse campaign started before he even started because he was perceived at Eric's replacement. So, as with Ryan when he came in after Speed's death, a lot of people were never going to give him a chance from the start.

While I know that it appears right now that CBS and TPTB have tunnel hearing when it comes to listening to fans, I don't think that those who are not "feelin' the love" right now should stop voicing how we feel and what we think - as respectfully as possible.

15. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Jesse has potential, imo. I don't want to see him go either. I've made my opinion before that there is nothing grasping me, but I've always been willing to give him a chance -- it takes time when you've grown accustom to certain things/people.

I agree with Delynn. Eddie/Jesse was never given a chance by some fans -- they gave him the "boooo" added thumbs down before he even made his first appearance.

While I'm not convinced no one is leaving, I still plan to discuss & speculate the future for him. I'd like to see him resolve his wife issues so the character can move forward. As much as I do enjoy the "3 Musketeers" (I actually like to refer to them as the 3 stooges :lol:) I'd like to see Jesse interact more with Horatio & Natalia. I've always been in the opinion that each character takes on a slightly different personality when placed with different characters -- I'm clear on how he's meshing with Ryan & Walter, however, there hasn't been enough scenes for me to get a feel for how he's meshing with Nat and Horatio. I don't care much for episodes with certain characters grouped all the time, but it would do some good to see H/Jesse, and Jesse/Nat take on a case together & do some more interacting.