It's just a chick thing [Girl Talk!]

MissRoosFox said:
I have too many shoes, but I only wear my AllStars

Haha me too! I have low cut allstars in black and I wrote Pink Floyd on my right shoe. I love them :D.

Oh my. People, I can't believe I made a good thread! *dances in a circle and falls on bum* Ouchie.

I love this topic. I, like many, have 5 pairs of jeans, like, 10 tops, a few sweaters and 1 skirt. I have 2 pairs of shoes, a pair of flats & a pair of sneakers, and I don't carry a purse. That's probably because I'm not even 13 yet and I have no need to look 'hot' or anything like that, because I go to school, and come home. That's about it. And when I go to the mall or whatever, I wear eyeliner, lipgloss and some foundation (or powder) if I'm really pale. I'm not your typical girly-girl, either.

Plus, I'm terrificly confused with all the currency differences. I'm like, woah. I know dollars. And cents. And.. I don't know, I'll live.

Boy, oh boy, are you all going to be jealous! I know Roka's gender! Haha, you all SUCK!

And going back to the first topic, I agree with Ducky! Girls and guys my age (12,13) DON'T NEED BOYFRIENDS AND GIRLFRIENDS. I, truthfully, have a problem with it, and went on a rant on thursday about 'making out,' how it was just exchanging saliva. Who know's where that other person's tounge has been. Eick, it gives me shivers.

And back to the topic of our spiffy, snazzy threads, I wish I had Allstars. Chucks = Love. Yet, they're expensive, and I'm a total miser when it comes to my money. Someone elses, however, that's a totally different story. .. Well, not really. If I see a pair of jeans that's $60, I won't buy it. I spend no more than $25, $30 on my clothes. Which is so hard because I'm a 00 (which is the smallest you can go) in jeans, and an XS (again, the smallest) in a teeshirt. So it's impossible to find anything cheap for me. Makes me mad.

What are Allstars? :confused:

Oh what the jello, I'll just say it.

Yes, Alyssa (mini_catherine) knows what I am. I'll give you a hint, I don't like boys and I'm not lesbian :lol:

I'm sure that "hint" is greatly appriciated, Roka, darling.

And, darling, Allstars are converse, hightops, sneakerboots, chucks.. You know, the mother of all shoes! :D

Roka4csi said:
I'll give you a hint, I don't like boys and I'm not lesbian :lol:

erm, thats a pretty big hint... :p unless youre asexual...

on the matter of girl talk, i just came from the most fabulous wedding, momma told me to dream on because i wasnt getting that kind of budget for mine :lol:

Oooh, I love weddings! I love it when people get all dressed up and really make an effort! :)

Apparantly, in England at least, the average wedding costs £13k (in dollars that is probably $25k). Don't think mine was that expensive though, my parents just gave us some money and said "if it's more than that you'll have to think about contributing!"

Oh well, you go through phases of having loads of weddings to go to (I had 7 last year) and then people start having babies. Scary stuff!

Elsie said:

Apparantly, in England at least, the average wedding costs £13k (in dollars that is probably $25k). Don't think mine was that expensive though, my parents just gave us some money and said "if it's more than that you'll have to think about contributing!"
When I get married, I'm eloping. :lol:

I hate being the center of attention in anything, I can't bear to have hundreds of people staring at me. :eek: It sounds pretty stupid as your wedding is supposed to all about you and making you feel special. I just know that halfway down the isle I'll fall flat on my face. :lol: Personally, I'd like something small. :)

Tinks said:
Personally, I'd like something small.

Oh yes, I hate huge weddings. I don't get why people want to invite hundreds of people they sometimes don't even know. If I'll ever get married, it'll be small.

Haha! It's a good point. I have to say we invited 180 people (I'm not actually sure how I know that many people, let alone that many who I would actually want at my wedding! :confused:). It was only 4 years ago, but if I was to do it again (to the same man of course ;)) I would probably only invite about 20, and wouldn't spent that much on a dress which you only wear once (and places like Monsoon do a really nice range of dresses for about £150!).

I hated being the centre of attention, spent a lot of the day being angry at the photographer, "can you just get back in the car so we can do that shot again?" "er, no I think I would rather go inside and get married thanks!" and ended up with an awful migraine the next day!

Oh well, at least the honeymoon was good!

Tinkerbell said:
I hate being the center of attention in anything, I can't bear to have hundreds of people staring at me. :eek: It sounds pretty stupid as your wedding is supposed to all about you and making you feel special. I just know that halfway down the isle I'll fall flat on my face. :lol: Personally, I'd like something small. :)

I hate that too - the main reason I hate doing presentations in front of a class :eek:

I think when I get married...I can't imagine there being more than 60 or 70 people there (well, people I'd actually want there :p). I'd find my wedding day pretty scary, getting all dolled up so nice (not exactly my stlye! :lol:) and having loads of people stare at you and compliment you (hopefully) all day :eek:

It's worrying how people say "yeah, your wedding day should be the happiest day of your life!". Well if I get married in my mid to late 20s then it's rather disappointing I've reached that point in my life already :p :lol:

When I was a kid I thought getting married was the most awsome thing in the world. I used to make up scenarios and draw wedding dresses. I'm still kinda fascinated with those dresses. When I was 16 I went to a wedding dress shop with a friend to try some on (well, she did, I took pictures with my digicam). They actually believed she was old enough to get married :lol:

Anyways. In reality I wouldn't want a ceremony with a white dress and all that stuff. Not that I'd be legal anyway... But if I ever decided to get married or a civil union or whatever the heck you want to call it, it'd be me and my wife and maybe a couple really good friends (like a handful). Then maybe my sister, but definitely not a hundred people or more. I think a wedding is a very intimate ceremony for a couple, I wouldn't want it to become a public event.

i dont know how weddings get to 200+ guests, how are there that many people that you would want at your wedding?!?! i know i would want my closest friends and family. on my dads side there are second cousins that we are very close to so i would definitely want them there too :D
i have no issues being the center of attention :lol: i love being dressed up and told my mom we have to go out somewhere nice so i can wear my party dresses from this weekend again.
to deal with the budget i said i would marry the first pick in the nfl draft, hed be a quarterback, named nick (for obvious reasons) a texan (for the same obvious reason) and would come from a ranch (i have a cowboy fantasy :devil:) yep, im delusional.
there are lots of cowboys at my school, hence 'u of moo' because the farmers come for the agricultural school. but to me a cowboy has to have the southern accent to complete the whole fantasy part :D

I'd keep my wedding small too. I'd want my family there, and only my closest friends, which I don't have a lot of. Just a simple ceremony, with dinner or something after. Nothing super fancy.

I...Never want to get married. I think weddings are over-rated. :p IMO.

I also never want to have kids. :lol:

Back