It's just a chick thing [Girl Talk!]

I could never get into clothes shopping, I was given about £30 to buy some clothes for college but I just bought a lot of pants/knickers which I didn't even really need... :lol:

Tinkerbell said:
wibble said:
Ahh, I like clothes shopping, but only when I actually need new stuff. I hardly ever buy something just for the sake of it. Unless it's something I really like :p
I don't either, I hardly own any clothes. :lol: I have about 3 pairs of Jeans. :eek: Clothes shopping is great fun, but you can take about £100 out to go clothes shopping with and only manage to get about 3 tops and a pair of trousers with it. :lol: I'm just stingy with my money. :p

Oh, I know...when I went clothes shopping last Friday, I spent over £100 just in Gap. And what did I get for that? 2 pairs of jeans and a jumper :eek:

I remember hearing this thing on CBC radio a while ago. I don't remember any specifc details, but the basics of the story (and it was a fairly long one with research and interview and such), was that all things considered (amount of fabric, types of fabric, colours, etc) women's clothing is more expensive than mens. Basicaly, if the same shirt was sold in a womens store and a mens store, the women would be paying more for it. Not fair.

I agree with wibble. 10 is way enough, there's only 7 days a week... wash and wear people!

Ducky what - I was serious :D

you know what are even better than clothes? shoes! they're like the ultimate i love them!
favourites include chucks, vans, etnies, babycham and gola!

Hmm, I have a lot of clothes, but there's only few outfits I actually wear :lol: I have two pants I love to wear; Skinny jeans (in which I don't look that skinny, but they fit really nice on me) and my baggy pants. I really love those. I need another pair of baggy pants, I think I'll buy them at Miss Sixty's (my current pair of jeans is MS too). It's an expensive brand, but aw, I love those pants. I have too many shoes, but I only wear my AllStars, actually :lol:. Bags, yes, I have enough, but I only use them for PhEducation.

I think every woman should have at least 2, if not more, pairs of these kinds of shoes...

1. Sneakers
2. Flats
3. Boots
4. Heels
5. Wedges
6. Flip-Flops
7. Sandals

With myself I'll need more then 2 of each so I dunno, maybe 21 pairs total. Shoes totally make or break your outfit.

I have...*looks around room* Two pairs of jeans, one pair of shoes, and about 50 shirts. :p

My french teacher was describing her entire wardrobe. She has clothes for every season, and it's all colour coordinated and it's organized by size, and how new it is. She even places some clothes in her son's closet because she has no more space left in her 10 armoirs. :eek:

Suffice it to say, I'll never buy that many clothes. I buy mainly out of necessity. :D

But, if people love to buy clothes, then don't stop! Do what you love, and feel great wearing your newest outfit. :)

wibble said:
Tinkerbell said:
wibble said:
Ahh, I like clothes shopping, but only when I actually need new stuff. I hardly ever buy something just for the sake of it. Unless it's something I really like :p
I don't either, I hardly own any clothes. :lol: I have about 3 pairs of Jeans. :eek: Clothes shopping is great fun, but you can take about £100 out to go clothes shopping with and only manage to get about 3 tops and a pair of trousers with it. :lol: I'm just stingy with my money. :p

Oh, I know...when I went clothes shopping last Friday, I spent over £100 just in Gap. And what did I get for that? 2 pairs of jeans and a jumper :eek:

Hasn't anyone heard of Primark up in London?! You can get pretty cool tops/trousers for £4/5 :D

wibble said:
^ We have Primark in Oxford, but I refuse to lower myself to such cheap standards! :p :lol:
:lol:

I have actually shopped in Primark. :eek: I don't buy a lot from there, only if I happen to see something really nice. I brought a coat for £10 in there once. :eek: Everyone kept asking me "Where did you get that coat, it's really nice", when I told them I brought from Primark, they were quite surprised. :lol: I'll buy tracksuit bottoms and stuff like that from Primark. When I do shop for clothes I tend to shop in Dorothy Perkins, Next ect. :)

Well, excuse me! I shop there sometimes cos I live on income support so I cant really afford posh clothes like you londoners. :rolleyes: :p But yeah, you can get nice stuff there. I mainly go there for the pants..god, they've got sexy pants! Not kinky but nice pants.

kazzy said:
Well, excuse me! I shop there sometimes cos I live on income support so I cant really afford posh clothes like you londoners. :rolleyes: :p But yeah, you can get nice stuff there. I mainly go there for the pants..god, they've got sexy pants! Not kinky but nice pants.

OMG kaz :lol: sexy pants.. lol

Primark sounds like the Wibra or Zeeman in Holland :p

Back