In Between the Scene: Going Under

"Now...you see what happens Ryan, you made me hurt you again, not my intention, but when you act stupid, you leave me no choice". "who the hell are you"? said Ryan, before he passed out from the pain. "That you will soon learn Ryan, out of all the girls in the Dept, I was the one, you never asked out, or showed any interest in". Known Ryan had passed out, Valera took off her mask, and sat at the table. "Damn you Ryan, you could have prevented this, had you just asked me out".

"Meanwhile...Frank informed "H" about the call. "H", Ryan called, I couldn't talk to long, but he did say to look in Department, and than I heard the click". "Dept....our dept"? "I don't know, this was all I got, Christ "H", we got to find him". "Okay Frank, calm down, try and relax". "How can I relax, when this person, has my son". Too late, Frank realized, what he had said. "So you do think of Ryan, as your son". "I'm sorry "H", yeah, for a while now, he has become like my son". "Okay Frank, maybe you should be taken off the case". "No!!!! I'm staying, I'm not leaving this case "H", so don't try and stop me".

"Fine"....but the minute you become out of control, you are off, understand"? "Yes, I understand". "Now, I need to see Valera, I'll be back shortly, you start checking the Dept records". When Horatio left, the only thing Frank could think was..."When I find this person, I will show no mercy".
When Horatio got to the Lab, he asked the new tech, where Valara was. "I'm not sure Sir, she was due in yesterday, but never showed". "Are you telling me, she's been missing since yesterday"? "Not missing Sir, She called in and said, ahe needed some time off, to take care of something".

Horatio thought...."Why the hell, didn't she inform me". "Okay, if she comes in, please call me". "I will Lt.".
Thanks son". Horatio turned and left the Lab. "Frank...I have an idea, I think we should go check on Valera, she hasn't been here since yesterday". "Come on now "H", you don't think little Valera has anything to do with this, do you"? "I'm not sure Frank, but she went missing, the same time Ryan did". Getting into the Hummer, "H" and Frank headed to Valera's. When they arrived, "H" knocked on the door. Getting no answer, he and Frank, checked the perimeter, and noticed the basement windows, had sound proof glass. "You see that Frank, that glass, is from our Lab, it's the same glass, we used for that sound test, a few months back. I remember Eric mentioning, it was missing". "

"Do you think....said Tripp. "I'm begining too, I think we should have a look". As Frank and Tripp, picked the lock, they cautiously entered, and headed to the basement, where they heard talking. "Please Valera, please, let me go, I'm dying here". "Oh, quit being so mellow dramatic, Ryan, it's just a little blood". "Valera...I never meant to hurt you, I just never thought, you'd be interested in me". "Haa!!! whatever Ryan, now shut the hell up, before I kill you". Ryan knew enough to shut up, knowing he had no choice, but to wait, he fell back asleep.

"What are we going to do "H"?

TBC...........

As they entered the basement, they used extreme caution. Tripp went left, Horatio went right, and as they had Valera covered, Horatio said...."Valera, you don't want to this , it's not to late, but if Ryan dies, we can't help you". "Noooooooo...he deserves this, all these years Horatio, he ignored me, passed me up for Natelia, of all people, he deserves to die, and you can't, no I won't let you stop me, runnig towards, an already half dead Ryan, Horatio had no choice but to shoot her. As Valera fell to the ground, Tripp ran to Ryan, and put pressure on his stomach. "I'll call 911 "H". Still holding pressure on Ryan, he called it in.

When the EMT's arrived, Tripp went with Ryan to the Hospital, while Eric and "H", stayed at the scene. "What the hell happened "H"? "I'm not sure Eric, it seems Valera, had an obssesion with Wolfe". "Oh my God "H", this is insane, Valera, hard to believe". "I know Eric, let's get over to the Hospital and check on Ryan. When they arrived, they found Tripp waiting in the hall. "How is he tripp"? "Not good "H", he's lost alot of blood". As they waited patiently, Eric called the team, to let them know what had happened.

It must have been three hours later, when the doctor came out and informed them, that Ryan was stable and awake. Running into the room, Tripp looked over Ryan, and said...."Thank God son, I thought I lost you". Ryan looked at Tripp, and said..."Never, that could never happen, I'll never leave you alone Tripp, never". Bending down, Tripp held Ryan tight, as Eric and "H" watched. "H", what is going on...asked Eric. "It seems Tripp and Ryan, have formed a bond". "Is this a good idea "H", if anything goes wrong, isn't this going to put strain on the Dept, you and Tripp". "Most likely Eric, but we will have to play it by ear, and hope it doesn't come to that".

When Horatio got home, Calleigh was waiting for him. "Oh handsome, is he okay"? "Yes love, he'll be fine, he's stable, Frank is staying with him". "Oh thank God, I was so worried, but not as shocked, as I was to find out Valera, had done this". "I know love, I know". Wrapping his wife, in his arms, they headed to bed. "How are the kids love"? "They're fine, Ernie and Bert are where they are supposed to be". "Good, now, let's get us to where we should be". "Where's that...giggled Calleigh. "In bed, with you under me". "Mmmm...I like that idea, carry me". Picking up his wife, Horatio carried her to bed, and loved her until they both fell asleep, wrapped in each others arms.

tBC...

With Ryan's episode behind them, and Valaria getting help, Horatio and Calleigh got ready for the Christmas season. "What do you think love, real tree, or artificial"? asked Horatio. "I like artificial, and would be best with those dogs, especially if they knocked it over". "I guess you are right love". "Daddy, where is my baby brother "? "Well sweetheart...he won't be up for a while yet"? "Mommy told me he was canky". "She did"? "Yup, mommy said he cries real hard, just like a boy would". Picking up his EmerAngel, Horatio cuddled her. "She does". "Uhuh...she said Oreo is just like you daddy". Looking over at his wife, Horatio said..."sweetheart"? Laughing, I don't know what she is talking about".

"Horatio....did you see what those dogs did"? "No sweetheart, what is it"? "They ate the pillows on the sofa again". "Sorry love, I have been working with them, they just don't seem to listen, unless it's to protect Emer and Li'l "H". "I know, but we need to get them trained, this is becoming a habit". "I know love, I'm sorry". Putting down Emer, Horatio walked upstairs, to check on Horatio. "There's daddy's boy...how are you son"? Picking up Horatio, his dad took him to the change table and changed his bum. "Now...let's go see mommy, and have some lunch".

After lunch, Horatio went to the garage, and took down the tree. "Daddy, what is dat"? "It's our christmas tree sweetheart". "Oh...is Santa coming soon"? "He is sweetheart, in about one more week". "Yah!!! I can't wait daddy, I wanna elp decoate". "You do...and what job would you like"? "Bub's...I do the bub's". Horatio smiled, he loved when his daughter tried to pronounce words, and didn't quite make it. "I ove ou daddy". "I love you too, my EmerAngel.

Dragging the tree into the house, Horatio stood it up in the stand, to see what the dogs would do with it. *Sniff, sniff*...as the dogs sniffed, Ernie went ot lift his leg. "No Erinie, yelled "H", bad dog, outside". As he pointed to the door, Ernie walked out, and did his buisness. "I have a feeling, this is going to be a very messy christmas", said Calleigh. "You know what love, I think you may be right". Wrapping his arms around Calleigh, he said...."don't worry love, we'll get through it together.

TBC....

After Horatio had the decoration's down, he went upstairs to grab Horatio. "There's daddy's boy, how are you handsome"? "Smiling at his daddy, he said...."dada, dada". "That's right son, dada, shall we change your bum, are you wet"? Changing his diaper, Horatio dressed him in a blue sleeper, and took him downstairs. "Look who's up", he said to Calleigh. "Hi my handsome boy, come to mommy".

Reaching out, Calleigh took Horatio into her arms. "Mama.. mama...". "That's right, would you like a cookie"? Reaching in the jar, Calleigh took out a plain cookie and handed it to Horatio. "So who's coming to trim the tree"? asked Calleigh. "Frank, Ryan, Eric, Cherriese and their daughter Laura, they should be here about six". "Okay...I'll start baking".

Rolling the cookie dough, Calleigh got out the cookie cutters. "I elp mama"? aksed Emer. "Of course you can help, you can put on the sprinkle's, icing, and candies". "Yah!!! she said excitedly, ank ou mama". "You are welcome EmerAngel". As the cookies cooled, Calleigh gave Emer six of them to decorate her way, while Calleigh did the ones for company.

"All done love, would you like to help mommy clean up"? "Umm...I go check on Ernie and ert", she said running from the kitchen. "Whoa...slow down Emer", said "H". "She's in a hurry, she doesn't want to help clean", giggled Calleigh. "That's okay love, I'll help you". With the kitchen cleaned, and coffee started, Horatio and Calleigh set up the dinner table for their guests.

*Ding,dong*. Answering the door, Horatio seen Eric, Cherriese, and Laura. "Come in, said "H", and pass me that beautiful little girl". As Cher passed Laura to Horatio, Calleigh came walking in. "Oh....let me see". "Just a minute love, I just got her". Trying her best to wait, Calleigh tapped her foot, and wringed her hands. Looking over, Horatio noticed how desperate she was to hold Laura. "Here you go love". "Thank you handsome, oh look at her, she is so beautiful, and Eric, she has your chocolate eyes, and thick hair, and she smells so fresh". Walking away with her, Calleigh took her into the den, and sat down with her.

"I think, you have lost your daughter", said "H".

TBC..

Back