Icon Tutorials - - To help with your icons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
eep! i'm confused.

another question though, i only have a limited number of fonts to use, yet everyone else has a hell of a lot!!

is there some sort of package that can get you more? do you need to pay for it?? or is it just my computer lol

Lost2MuchSpeed said:
oh i it isn't enabled :(
so i'm absolutely confuzzled. :confused:

i may have to resort to Paint in the end...lmao
Me too :lol: I'm sorry. I'll let you know if I think of something else.

thanks so much to you all for the help whether it worked or not :D

edit: oh my GOd. i was so STUPID!! the underlining only shows when i'm actually typing :eek: i was so so so silly. i cant help laughing at myself though :lol:

Hey, guys. I'm pretty familliar with photoshop and such but pretty new at icon making. I've seen some icons with pretty cool brushes and was wondering to download 'em. Thing is, I use photoshop 7.0, and almost every awesome brush I wanted was for CS or CS2. Little help? :D

The only idea i have: You can try looking for Imagepacks so that you have every brush as a image. Then u simply can open the images in ps and define them as a brush (Edit - Define Brush i guess). There are a lot of Icon Communities over at Livejournal who make those imagepacks because of that reason :D I hope i could help you a little :D

I have Photoshop Elements 4.0 and so far every single brush did work with the software, no matter if it was done with CS, 6.0 or 7.0.

Did you try it ? It has to be an .abr file.

Okay, I just got PSP X, and I have no idea what I'm doing. I don't even know how to create new layers. Can someone help?

does anyone have any tutoriols for Paint Shop Pro 7? I've had it for awhile but i've never been able to figure out how to make any icons or wallpapers... i would really appreciate anyones help.. thanks :D

:( im sooo annoyed. all the icons i make are just over 20k which means i can't use them on this.
the only way i know, to make them less than 20, is to re-save them in "Paint". But doing that lowers it's quality.

does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks, Jasmin. Yeah, I gave your suggestion a go. I know a lot of the creators are considerate enough to create imagepacks for people like me, but not all of them. Major bummer. Maybe I just need to upgrade to CS. It's about time anyways :D

Stef, what program do you use? If it's photoshop, you can use the Save As Web option which is fantastic. You can choose your optimization settings while viewing the outcome. You can even view how it will look like in the browser of your choice

Chez , yeah, they're all *.abr. I installed 'em and when I try to use them in program, it just says that it's not compatible with my version of PS. Go figure :rolleyes:

CaRWashLuvr said:
does anyone have any tutoriols for Paint Shop Pro 7? I've had it for awhile but i've never been able to figure out how to make any icons or wallpapers... i would really appreciate anyones help.. thanks :D
I don't use PSP so I just looked for a couple of livejournal communities that you may want to check out. :)

psptutorials

psp7_beginners
Lost2MuchSpeed said:
:( im sooo annoyed. all the icons i make are just over 20k which means i can't use them on this.
the only way i know, to make them less than 20, is to re-save them in "Paint". But doing that lowers it's quality.

Whenever that happens to me I just save it as .JPG, wherein I may choose the quality (High, Low, etc.) :)

[Lost2MuchSpeed said:

What I do is that instead of saving it as a JPG which Auto Admin only allows to be 20k, I save it as a GIF file which allows the image to be 60k. It works every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back