Icon Tutorials - - To help with your icons.

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by tuesdaymorning, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuesdaymorning

tuesdaymorning Judge

Okay, I decided that perhaps there should be a place for some users to post tutorial links that they have made to help those who are either interested in new styles or just want to see some new effects.

I've made an icon tutorial about a month ago so I thought that I'd share it here with those to improve styles and icons. I've posted it here at my graphic community and if you're interested, go ahead and check it out.

So, anyone else have any tutorial's that they've created and are willing to share?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Cool thanks for the tutorial tuesday Icons have never been a strong point of mine and I think it's grate that you find time to post your tutrials.

3. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Awesome idea, Jen!

Well, I made one for Paint Shop Pro also about a month ago. It's about colors in depth, vibrant coloring, and also making your icons clear.

The link that I will give you is to my icon journal, and here is the link to the tutorial : Colors in Depth Tut

Please let me know if it helps you. It should be translatable to Photoshop, as I have both programs. :)

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Ok speaking of making Icons I know some make them in photoshop and others in Paint Shop Pro, but in your oppinions which would be the better of the two programmes for someone who is a bigginer like me at Macking Icons?

5. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Both are great programs. Both have their own specialties. But in my preference, Photoshop, it seems to me that it works the best. I know tuesdaymorning aka Jen^ makes her icons in PSP, and her icons are to die for.

So it is really your preference. :)

6. tuesdaymorning

tuesdaymorning Judge

Yeah, it depends on what program seems to work better for you. I personally love Paint Shop Pro (I've got PSP X as of right now) because it's easier for me to work with. Both, as Shane has mentioned, offer different options and features but both work in either way.

But if I were in your shoes, I'd start off with PSP.

And awesome tutorial Shane! ;)

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Tuesday would it be alright if I sent you a PM? :) I need to ask quite alot of questions and I feel that it will take up half of this thread, I'll add you to my buddy list!

8. tuesdaymorning

tuesdaymorning Judge

Sure, go ahead. ;) I'll try to help as much as I can.

9. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Thanks Jen. ;) Another one is in the works.

BigB, have you tried trial versions of both programs? To test both of them out?

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I have both programms installed on my computer so I don't need the trial versions, I like both Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro, Thanks Jen :)

11. tuesdaymorning

tuesdaymorning Judge

No problem. ;)

And because of Shane, I'm putting together another tutorial and it should be done soon. :p

12. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Blame it on the little guy why dont ya? :p

Yayz for tuts!

13. AlexxWoods

AlexxWoods CSI Level Three

14. CSI_mania

CSI_mania Pathologist

I didn't know you made tuts!! but I love them!! I love the first cath tutorial :D

15. AlexxWoods

AlexxWoods CSI Level Three

I didn't know either :) :lol:
    but now I do :D
    thank you very much. The catherine one seems to be popular :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.