Icon Tutorials - - To help with your icons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question. My computer will only show PNG and Gif files, and my photobucket can't upload any other type either. Is there any way to convert the files, or something of that nature?

GillianSGrissom said:
I have a question. My computer will only show PNG and Gif files, and my photobucket can't upload any other type either. Is there any way to convert the files, or something of that nature?

When you want to save your pictures you have the option "Save as.." There you can also choose the data type under which you want to save your picture. If this doesn't appear, just change the former attached type, e.g. from .jpg into .png and click "Save", so you can upload your pictures. Though my photobucket account also allows to upload .jpg, .jpeg, .bmp, .swf. :confused:

Hey guys!
I made my first tutorial - but not for icons, for banners, just because some people wanted to know how to make them... ;)
But because we don't have a 'Banner Tutorial Thread', and it'd be misplaced in the 'Request Thread', I'll post it here - perhaps some of you might find it helpful, I don't know... :D

We go from this:

to this:
cal.jpg

banner tut

Hey guys-I know there is photoshop but as I am still a little broke I was wondering if anyone knew of a program, like a free download software that I could get to make icons and banners??If anyone has a link or suggestions-let me know...obvivlously nothing illegal-cause thats just wrong!!!thanks in advance and if there are none I guess I will have to start saving my pennies (or cents for americans and canadians here!)

ps actually would be asking that class as advertisment?? :confused: If it does I'm reallllllly sorry mod and I will delete the post!!

Hey Still_RIP_Speed!

I know at least one person here that uses GIMP and is pretty content with it, it's an open graphics program which you can download here.

And as far as I know this isn't a violation of the Board Rules :)

cinegirl said:
Hey Still_RIP_Speed!

I know at least one person here that uses GIMP and is pretty content with it, it's an open graphics program which you can download here.

I guess that would be me :D
I really recommend Gimp, especially when you're a newbie to icon/banner making etc. and don't want to spend a fortune on programs like PS.
There's some Gimp-tutorials on LJ, too...just PM me if you have questions about it :)

I feel stupid asking this question but ask I must. I have an animated program but........am having a time with it. I can get it to animate until I save it then it doesn't animate no more. To be honest not even sure I know what I'm doing to begin with. It's on my photoshop image ready. Can someone explain to me about animating. Sorry for being so dumb.

I can get it to animate until I save it then it doesn't animate no more.

as i understand u make animate ico, but after u save the file it isn`t anim anymore.... what format u save the ava ?! (jpg, png)?! :confused: usually all animate banners/avas are *.gif format. when u save the file try to change the type to be gif format :rolleyes:

Pusher said:
I can get it to animate until I save it then it doesn't animate no more.

as i understand u make animate ico, but after u save the file it isn`t anim anymore.... what format u save the ava ?! (jpg, png)?! :confused: usually all animate banners/avas are *.gif format. when u save the file try to change the type to be gif format :rolleyes:

I have saved it in gif format. Reason why I thought I wasn't doing it right is I've had several animated ones made for me & when I save them to my photobucket they do animate but, ones I did didn't. :D I just don't think I'm doing it right. Maybe when I go to flatten like I would a reg icon or wp maybe then I'm doing something wrong. Guess I need to work with it more. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back