Icon Tutorials - - To help with your icons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You flatten the animation your making? When you flatten an animation it becomes just one icon and it won't be an animation at all. :)

Never flatten an animation ;)

Rellaaaa said:
You flatten the animation your making? When you flatten an animation it becomes just one icon and it won't be an animation at all. :)
Never flatten an animation ;)

Ahhh so that's what I was doing wrong? Ok will give it another try. :) Just alot I still don't understand sorry. :(

Ok, you have ImageReady, right?

Put all the images you want to be in the animation in one folder. Then go to File > Import > Folder as Frames. Then select the folder with the images and open it. You should be able to see a kind of film strip with all the images in it, so called frames. Edit the animation the way you like (effects, pauses between frames etc.) and go to File > Save Optimized as and save it as .gif file. :) Hope I helped you.

^ Oh, I've got imageready but never used it! :lol:, but this looks easy, so I think I might try it. Thanks roos :)

This sounds interesting. Is Imageready a "stand alone"program or a plug-in?
I'm using gimp, and making animated icons is a pain in the place where the sun never shines ;)

MissRoosFox said:
Ok, you have ImageReady, right?

Put all the images you want to be in the animation in one folder. Then go to File > Import > Folder as Frames. Then select the folder with the images and open it. You should be able to see a kind of film strip with all the images in it, so called frames. Edit the animation the way you like (effects, pauses between frames etc.) and go to File > Save Optimized as and save it as .gif file. :) Hope I helped you.

Thanks for the help will give it a try.

softcake said:
This sounds interesting. Is Imageready a "stand alone"program or a plug-in?
I'm using gimp, and making animated icons is a pain in the place where the sun never shines ;)

Imageready comes free with Photoshop. :)

Hi! I have a question, Im going to get some kind of photo program. I really want your guys opinion on which one to get like photobucket or paint shop pro. Whatever program you think is good especially for making icons. Thanks! :D

ILuvJonathanTogo said:
I really want your guys opinion on which one to get like photobucket or paint shop pro. Whatever program you think is good especially for making icons. Thanks! :D

Photobucket is the image hosting site :). I guess Paint shop pro and photoshop are the two main ones that people use. I currently use psp 11, but I have photoshop cs2. Because I started with psp I still find it easier to work my way around and much quicker for me to work with. I started from scratch with making icons and had never used any similar software before, but very quickly managed to get to grips with psp. Either way, there are loads of great tutorials to work with.

Psp is a lot cheaper too, but I think that photoshop is probably the best (and most expensive), but only if you know what to do with it. Some people are using GIMP too, which can be downloaded for free, and they are very happy with it. So, whatever you go with you are bound to find loads of great advice and tutorials to help you get to grips with icon making fairly quickly! :)

I hope that was of some help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back