How many non-US peeps here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Offically annoyed with the UK release of S3 on DVD, just got my copy of the complete S3 as amazon only do it in parts and as i have 1 and 2 in complete boxes i didnt wanna not get this one.

And you dont get the audio commentry... so frustrating. you get the body farm feature and the crossover ep but no commentry.

Hey, Rtelgeuse , just wanted you to know that today I bought the CSI:NY'book Muerte en invierno. If it weren't for you, I would have missed it! I'm going to start reading right now, how exited!

yas

"I'm glad you stayed"

OK england it is :D

Dawni I hate the english copies too! I was considering ordering the US verion but then it would f**k up my collection! And I cant having that :lol:

I want to buy the DVD sets too, but I dont like the UK versions either - too many boxes and such.

but how do you play the US DVDs. cause they dont work on my DVD player. or do you watch it on computer?

^That's why I didn't order the UK version. I did it once for a season of 24 and it hadn't most of the extras on it.
So I'm waiting not so patiently until season three will be released here... In two parts and for a ridiculous price. :rolleyes:

ETA: carolina, that's exactly my problem with the US version, my dvd player wouldn't play it either... :(

I don't know if you can watch them on your computer or not but you have to have a Multi-reginal DVD player to play US DVDs. US DVDs are Reginal 1 so they won't play on your average Brit DVD player! I know British DVDs are Reginal 2 but i'm not sure about other contries, so its worth finding out what player you have and then ALWAYS check what sort of DVD something is before you buy it other the internet! :D

thats the problem - we are region 2 - whole Europe is as far as I know. and Im not sure you can buy multiregional players here. I asked in a shop and they looked at me like I was crazy. but Ill find a way :)

There are ways and means to hack your DVD player so that it will play all regions. It does invalidate the guarantee, so if you can afford it then maybe buy a cheap one to hack.
If you're in the EU, another thing you need to consider is customs duty on R1 dvd's if you order from the USA as once the value is over a certain limit it could be added on.

Just frustrating. I ordered it thinking would all be the same as has been before but nooo. Problem is i dont wanna now spend more money ordering the same dvd again region 1, technially should work on my computer but don't wanna risk it.

Ooh - lots of non-US peeps here! :D I'm from Malaysia!
I'm currently in Namibia though...which is horrible since it's only just starting S3 :eek:

Sadness. I'm still up-to-date though :devil:

Dawni said:
Just frustrating. I ordered it thinking would all be the same as has been before but nooo. Problem is i dont wanna now spend more money ordering the same dvd again region 1, technially should work on my computer but don't wanna risk it.

It will work on your computer, but you have the change the setting on Media Player ( from region 2 to 1) for it to work ... and you've got to be carefull with that because you can only change the region 5 times ...

Otherwise you can download a regionless player like VLC or an average one one the web (google regionless media player) ...

Ok even though i've only just added a few names i'd thought i'd update...

Argentina
Ghawazee

Austrailia
tiara4Carmine

Austria
Clairelangley

Brazil
owlki

Canada
dl_shipper34
flacksgirl7
WhosLaughingNow
catey1234
Elwood21
CSI_in_training
DuCaineluver93
buddrick
Nick_Wolfe_Danny
Flackie_boo
CSINUMIA000
snowbird
luvingmyHoratio

Chile, South America
Ruth

Cyprus
athens

France
celtess

Germany
LivingEnd
StellaFan
CSI_NY_Addict
Lonia
Britta

Hungary
Cathwarfan

Ireland
Ceindreadh
Stardust1989

Italy
Orison

Kuwait
miami85 (soon moving to Barcelona ;))

Malaysia
Kimmychu
DAnNSfreak
sHiNNizLe
Gaelen (Currently in Namibia, AKA Messermonroe ;))

Netherlands
dutch_treat
Marns
Jodi
CSISenna

New Zealand
kiwifan
magicmunchies
Hannah
melbel
Kiwi_girl

Portugal
CSI_Dani

Romania
Lorelai

Serbia
milena

Singapore
Lessien_Tinuviel
spikegal

Solvakia
Carolina

South Africa
althea

Spain
Poison girl (PG)
lunadeagosto
Hormiga
Rtelgeuse
vas NYPD

Sweden
NinaM
SvartaBaskern

The Philippines
chaostheory08
mulder8scully5
peewee_sal
ranma
Cara1090

UK
nattybatty55
Kat1974
silencer
Twinkletoes
jendai
Fruitbat (FB)
Bella363
gypsy
Joolz
Dawni
bumble_bee89
faith666
Macslady
Elsie
LeanneUK
Msgirl
Newyorklover
Gaby
grssom89
Danistheman
HC_4_my_birthday
thegluups

Total= 84 :D

^^I have got that VLC player :D

EDITed to add a friend who I forgot :D

Hi, guys! I'm from Serbia. The last NY episode aired here was 3.18 in March (now we have only reruns of Miami :( but at least Speed is still alive in these episodes:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back