How do you feel about Lindsay?

i totally like lindsy..shes a cool person..i liked her the day she came on..i also think that her and danny should hook up..BUT thats another time and thread for me..bye

Cut off her hair and give her a penis and I get the feeling everyone would be okay with her need to prove herself. I think it would be much sadder if she completely disregarded all her hard work just to appease to a few people. If she has the balls I see nothing wrong with her waving them around. Good for her.

That is the most insulting thing I have ever heard. Stella is a strong and assertive woman and she doesn't have to prove herself. She knows she has what it takes to do this job. I guarentee she had to work hard to get to her position on Mac's team. So don't say I would accept Lindsay's show off behavior if she was a guy, because that's not fair. I find show offs of any gender to be a major pain in the you know where.

I sense she's kind of more grassroots, elbow grease, and mechanical thinker, if that makes any sense. I think if Lindsay's character were put in a place where she had to take a part a car to find a clue of the cause of something she could do it well, and most especially on her own. We've seen this where she's used the bow. Feedback?

One question is she a detective or just a CSI? If the later the character could simply focus on the more technical stuff and then slowly be brought into interigations, and the actress got strong with her interactions.

LiquidCrystal said:
One question is she a detective or just a CSI? If the later the character could simply focus on the more technical stuff and then slowly be brought into interigations, and the actress got strong with her interactions.

I think in NY, they're technically both? We do see a lot of Lindsey in the lab, it has to be said.

Off the top of my head... have we seen her interact much with Adam, or the other non-main characters? The only thing my brain can come up with now is when she shouted at Adam down the phone, but there must be more. I liked her talking to Zao in "Zoo York" over the tiger dung... and I think she's had scenes with Hammerback and Pino.

I liked her talking to Zao in "Zoo York" over the tiger dung.

See I think that is another example of where she's processing and item, and Anna can focus on the prop in her scene. If that's her strength as opposed to her drawing up theories which many say is where she seems forced, why not just give her more "things" to process, and have her interactions centred around that. Have her talking about the finding and let someone else come up with the theory/motive or whatever.

Any time she is called on to show extreme emotion, it comes of forced, much like this week in "All Access". I think she would benefit from doing some more acting gigs - practicing, if you will. She may not have gotten good screen acting experience working on her MFA. ;)

LiquidCrystal said:
I liked her talking to Zao in "Zoo York" over the tiger dung.

See I think that is another example of where she's processing and item, and Anna can focus on the prop in her scene. If that's her strength as opposed to her drawing up theories which many say is where she seems forced, why not just give her more "things" to process, and have her interactions centred around that. Have her talking about the finding and let someone else come up with the theory/motive or whatever.

Perhaps she'd be better off as one of the lab techs rather than working the field.

^That's a really good observation, Carrie! Lindsay is good with the business aspects of the lab work. It would also allow Hawkes a chance to come back into the foreground, which would be nice.

I can see that. I guess they could have made her the ME to replace Hawkes, but what worries me about that one is the possibility that then Lindsay would be the shows necrophiliac...

Thekidder3, wow that's quite a statement, but not to derail the thread, I'll comment on that here

Actually,i don't find her that bad...
She is trying...
You've got to give her credit fer that at least...

I think Lindsay's alright. Not the best, yet not the worst. She's just somewhere in the middle.

I like the fact that she isn't a native New Yorker and she probably gives an outsider's POV of New York. As for her know-it-all-ness, she's just trying to fit in and as the newbie, she wants to be on Mac's good side.

I'll give her a chance and try to be open-minded about her. This is after all Anna's first season in CSI:NY.

DIDinNYC said:
Thekidder3, wow that's quite a statement, but not to derail the thread, I'll comment on that here

Awww, that's so sweet, I sent you a PM about it, nothing better than being loved, well maybe being feared is a bit better. ;) I'm sure TheKidder3 would agree with my sentiment, oh silly me, but of course he would, we're the same person after all.

I think Carrieattheprom you may be on to something, maybe the character and the actress would be better suited to a secondary role. It could serve a two-fold purpose, it would allow Anna some extra time to get a feel for the show's dynamic and vibe and remove the character from any direct criticism, and like Greg, maybe one day she can return to the field.

Ali

Thanks for the compliments, Top and JDonne, but I thought I was just repeating what LiquidCrystal had pointed out. Unless I totally misunderstood their post.

Back