How do you feel about Lindsay?

JDonne said:
DIDinNYC said:
Thekidder3, wow that's quite a statement, but not to derail the thread, I'll comment on that here

Awww, that's so sweet, I sent you a PM about it, nothing better than being loved, well maybe being feared is a bit better. ;) I'm sure TheKidder3 would agree with my sentiment, oh silly me, but of course he would, we're the same person after all.

I think Carrieattheprom you may be on to something, maybe the character and the actress would be better suited to a secondary role. It could serve a two-fold purpose, it would allow Anna some extra time to get a feel for the show's dynamic and vibe and remove the character from any direct criticism, and like Greg, maybe one day she can return to the field.

Ali

I think that should have been done from the outset - have Lindsey as a Greg-type character, then brought her out into the field more and more. It would have given Anna a chance to get used to a main role gradually, rather than being in the spotlight the episode after one character left.

DoreenCSI said: That's why I said it's interesting that Lindsay is not from New York; it's interesting to see how she will react to her new surroundings.

So, curiosity before experience?? :eek: Ain´t that kinda rude?

I've already voted in this thread's poll. I just didn't post a reply the day I voted. I like Lindsay. I hate to say this but I like her better than Aiden. I watched last night's CSI: NY. I saw the scenes from next week's episode at the end. I don't like what's gonna happen to Aiden in next week's episode but I still like Lindsay better.

Detective_Burn said:

DoreenCSI said: That's why I said it's interesting that Lindsay is not from New York; it's interesting to see how she will react to her new surroundings.

So, curiosity before experience?? :eek: Ain´t that kinda rude?

Experience? If you read Lindsay's profile page, it says that she was a CSI in Montana for a few years so she does have experience in her profession. For Lindsay, living in New York is a totally new experience for her, knowing that she came from Montana. All I'm saying is, it's interesting to see Lindsay reacting to things around her, coming from a non-New Yorker's point of view.

Ok, I understand. I meant experience in police-work in general. Aiden grew up in Brooklyn and worked in Las Vegas. However I didn´t know Lindsay already was a CSI earlier. This of course counts for her.
I see your POV. This thread talks about Lindsays view. My perspective is Aidens. Guess I´m just keen in dealing with different angles.

it indeed is interesting to see how Lindsay would try to fit in with her new surroundings...
its a whole new world for Montana...
Aiden had the homeground advantage...

I don't really feel all that bad about her because I don't have much experience with Aiden due to not seeing much of her yet. Maybe I'll change my mind when I see more of S1 and early 2.

Aiden worked in Vegas? Did she ever mention Grissom or anyone?

O__o Aiden NEVER worked in Vegas..

Lindsay is okay. But I have to agree with Mel, I haven't seen too much of her, but I think she's a better character in terms of acting than Anna acting Lindsay.. Just doesn't quite cut it y'know?

Personally, I like Lindsay. I would like to see Anna Belknap's acting improve, though. As much as I love that girl from Montana (and I'm not referring to the girl in the mermaid dress), there were scenes in some episodes where her emotions seemed forced. I think she needs to internalize her character more.

keich said:
Personally, I like Lindsay. I would like to see Anna Belknap's acting improve, though. As much as I love that girl from Montana (and I'm not referring to the girl in the mermaid dress), there were scenes in some episodes where her emotions seemed forced. I think she needs to internalize her character more.

I think you make a great point. I think I'd like Lindsay the character more if Anna's acting were to improve.

As stated in 'Stealing Home', New York is simply not a place for a Montana girl.

I'm not pleased with Lindsay at all. I've stated many other places how I view on her and how disapointed I am with Anna's acting and feel that it's really bringing down the show.

Just want my old CSI:NY back.

tuesdaymorning said:
As stated in 'Stealing Home', New York is simply not a place for a Montana girl.

I'm not pleased with Lindsay at all. I've stated many other places how I view on her and how disapointed I am with Anna's acting and feel that it's really bringing down the show.

Just want my old CSI:NY back.

... or something at least resembling it? I loved the darker overtones of season one. The "cute and light" feel of this season has left me wondering what NY's identity is now. I would have preferred it if Lindsey had been a much darker character, and the series had remained gritty.

Lyn said:
I would have preferred it if Lindsey had been a much darker character, and the series had remained gritty.

A dark Lindsay would be interesting to see.

^Agreed, a darker Lindsay would be interesting to see. I liked her final scene in "Stealing Home"--she seemed almost psychotic. And honestly, that possibility is much more intriguing than the bland little Mary Sue we've seen throughout most of the season.

Yeah, that's very true. Over in the Stealing Home thread someone was creeped out by the mermaid washing scene, and wondered if Lindsay's "dark secret" was that she was a closet necrophiliac. Even though they were joking,that would be an interesting development on the character. Doubt the censors would let them get away with it, but it would definately be a unique twist, to say the least.

Back